Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Plaza Athenee BKK THB 2'499++ incl. bfast exclusive to Flyertalk Community

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXPIRED: Plaza Athenee BKK THB 2'499++ incl. bfast exclusive to Flyertalk Community

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 1:22 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Kosray: I agree w/you 100%. There's plenty of sweet 4 star properties for $40-70. The rooms will be as nice as the PA or Westin (usually larger). Being smaller hotels, they lack some amenities, the gym & pool will be smaller, there will only be one restaurant etc. I like the Centrepoints and Compass Properties. http://www.compasshospitality.com/index.shtml
For the most part I agree with these two places, very easy to deal with via skype also when booking direct to them. However on a down side, some of Compass Properties need a complete make over, their new properties they represent have some shady construction (one of their properties the front door fell off the hinges, the internet went south on me and they had to remove the ceiling, the water pipe broke and flooded the apartment etc...), and the new ones raised their rates in large volumes after opening. However a few of Compass properties are worth looking at. Citadnes are also good value of the money for deluxe rooms at about 1500-1700 baht a night all inclusive with internet.

Originally Posted by werldporks
Come on now, room-only and you want 1500++ for an extra person, quit with the bait & swich already.
I really would not think of them as doing a bait and switch SPG is too good to try to do things like that. With all the responses about Plat members I think that PA and SPG could and should be doing more to pull in their top tier members or offer other benefits, too often places forget their top members or overlook other things they could do to keep the cream of the crop. Just my POV and one reason why I think this is not that great of an offer. Look at who has responded here, SPG Plat members....

Also to give you another perspective, as a Starwoods Pro Agency that is about as equivalent as being a piece of turd on the road when they want us to send all our guests to SPG hotels no matter what my personal ranking is. It just kind of confuses me as being a Starwoods Pro at say Kho Lak, they upgraded us to a private villa and treated us like kings. At other Le Meridien properties and other SPG properties they treat you like a bum. So it seems very confusing at times how they treat you at your levels.

Originally Posted by Rusty65
I guess I am confused by some of the responses that suggest this deal is not "good enough". It is better than nothing and nothing is what is being offered to flyertalkers on 99% of the other hotels - starwood and otherwise.

We should be encouraging more hotels to offer Flyertalkers deals!

If this deal will not bring you to the PA, then you were not likely interested in a stay at the PA anyway. But for those who were considering a starwood hotel in BKK during this time period, this is an additional factor in the PA's favor and it will affect my choice. I have about 6 nights in BKK coming and was hoping to try out the new Le Meridien as well as the SGS. But now I am likely to have at least a 2 day stay at PA and may consider a 2nd two day stay.
You are right and I've said SPG is the top association and I do think that PA and others are doing great jobs in certain areas. But if the economy was not down then they would not be pulling such marketing campaigns. And I'm just pointing out that in BKK you can get better deals by looking at other hotels and contacting them direct. BKK is one of those cities that you do not need to book at an international association you can book direct with hotels and get some great properties and pricing. You can even get great deals with conrad, davis and other high end places if you like.

I agree that more hotels should cater to FT members and do promos for FT members and we have worked this angle before with some success at other places. PA just openly markets to them and I give kudos to SPG for William and others on line. IMHO CO with Scott and their BBQ yearly and SPG with William really opened the door to customer service to FT members. This is not about SPG it is about PA and that they could do a better rate or offer as there are some great values in BKK currently if people spend the time to find them.

And you are right, I don't need the points so I'll find a better room, better location, at a lower cost. But I spend two to three weeks there at a time so a hotel room is lacking a lot of amenities I do like. So I'm so so so sorry if I offend your SPG loyalty by discussion the down side to these deals and pushing for even more options, or stating that they COULD do more if they were really interested in helping FT members. Being in the travel industry I know the current conditions in BKK and PA can do a whole lot more then this.

EDIT: Let me clarify something further... once you reach Plat levels on most these associations why stay anymore? This has always been one of my fights and pet peeves. I just think that all associations, hotels, airlines, etc... should be thinking about the their real cream of the crop customers who already make Plat. And not specifically targeted against SPG alone.

Last edited by KosraeTV; Oct 4, 2009 at 1:53 pm
Old Oct 4, 2009, 1:35 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Rambuster
What 200 THB ?? I tried to book a suite for 2 people sharing the room and the site quoted me an increase of THB 1500 !

in German from the website:
(Gebühr für Zusatzbetten: THB 1500.00 pro Zusatzbett und Nacht. )
(translation: Charge for additional bed: THB 1500.00 per additional bed and night)

In this case it will be the Westin, SGS or Hilton Millennium for me in November. October stays are already booked at the Westin.
Read the whole thread. The suite is not supposed to have any markup for 2 people. IT will sort out the error in the booking engine.

The THB is on the THB 2499 rate.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:11 pm

Best choice of these options for a lowly Gold?

I know the real answer is spend a single night in two different BKK properties, getting the double stay credit and inch that much closer to Platinum, but assuming one were to stay with one of these offers, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Deluxe Royal Club room a better call than the Suite for a lowly Gold.

No chance of a Royal Club Suite being added as option #4?
Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Star Alliance Gold
sorry to bother again, but is it possible to use points to upgrade using this promotion?
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I know the real answer is spend a single night in two different BKK properties, getting the double stay credit and inch that much closer to Platinum, but assuming one were to stay with one of these offers, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the room a better call than the Suite for a lowly Gold.

No chance of a Royal Club Suite being added as option #4?

Yes.

If all day lounge access for 2 people with free wifi,afternoon tea,along with evening cocktails from 6-8pm with snacks and I think 2 free pieces of laundry is IMPORTANT to you.

Also a good chance to have a room on the 26th floor with very easy access to the lounge and a bigger room a normally given to Golds.
Pay the extra for the Deluxe Royal Club room.
about $50usd

Not to sure about the Royal Club Suite as I have never seen it.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:44 pm

thanks for the feedback

Just the feedback I was looking for. I might have to try this property before a stay at the new Le Méridien Bangkok. I will report back on a Royal Club Suite if ever I get to experience one.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Just the feedback I was looking for. I might have to try this property before a stay at the new Le Méridien Bangkok. I will report back on a Royal Club Suite if ever I get to experience one.
To the best of my knowledge, and I've had suites on the 26th floor, the only diff between a deluxe and a royal suite is that the royal has floor to ceiling windows, whereas the deluxe has standard (but panaramic) half-windows.

All, please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:45 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
To the best of my knowledge, and I've had suites on the 26th floor, the only diff between a deluxe and a royal suite is that the royal has floor to ceiling windows, whereas the deluxe has standard (but panaramic) half-windows.

All, please correct me if I am wrong.
That is correct.

Guests staying in the Royal Club Suite also have access to our Le Royal Club Lounge (if not SPG Platinum members - who have access to Le Royal Club Lounge regardless). The Royal Club Suite is also larger in size - 100 square meters vs. 86 square meters for the Deluxe Suite.

The Royal Club Suite has been added to the promotion - however, we are having the same issue with the double occupancy. We are already working on a solution - please bear with us.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)

Last edited by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood); Oct 4, 2009 at 9:56 pm Reason: Added the size factor
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerTalker1981
sorry to bother again, but is it possible to use points to upgrade using this promotion?
Yes, it is - if you are having any problems doing so, please send us a Private Message.

Best regards,
Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Sweet deal indeed. Already booked 2 stays for my next SPG Platinum hotel-hop. C U in November Plaza Athenee.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: ua 1k, spg plt
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
That is correct.

Guests staying in the Royal Club Suite also have access to our Royal Club Lounge (if not SPG Platinum members).

The Royal Club Suite has been added to the promotion - however, we are having the same issue with the double occupancy. We are already working on a solution - please bear with us.

Thank you.

Best regards,
I don't mean to nitpick but...the Deluxe Suite is listed as 86sqm and the Club Suite @ 100sqm...surely there must be something else different about the rooms (other than floor-to-ceiling windows) to account for this difference in size???

Back OT, I love this promo. Booked a 2-nighter in a Deluxe Suite and canceled my Westin Res. Thank you PA!

Also...as far as upgrading with points...can we upgrade a suite booking to a THEMED Suite with points? Now THAT would be interesting! I find myself at present somewhat point rich because I decided to book more eligible stays (instead of finish the year on awards) since they count for next year's requal...
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caffeine addict
I don't mean to nitpick but...the Deluxe Suite is listed as 86sqm and the Club Suite @ 100sqm...surely there must be something else different about the rooms (other than floor-to-ceiling windows) to account for this difference in size???

Back OT, I love this promo. Booked a 2-nighter in a Deluxe Suite and canceled my Westin Res. Thank you PA!

Also...as far as upgrading with points...can we upgrade a suite booking to a THEMED Suite with points? Now THAT would be interesting! I find myself at present somewhat point rich because I decided to book more eligible stays (instead of finish the year on awards) since they count for next year's requal...
You're right - I have amended the post accordingly.

As for upgrading to one of our Theme Suites - we're checking now.

Best regards,

Last edited by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood); Oct 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:23 am

Programs: Delta splat ! SPG plat . Hyatt Diamond . UA 1P
a right royal breakfast ?

Does "Royal Club" include buffet breakfast?

I can't find a clear statement of that either way
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by delter
Does "Royal Club" include buffet breakfast?

I can't find a clear statement of that either way
Yes - Guests have the choice of a Continental breakfast at Le Royal Club Lounge (starting again from the 1st of November), or they can enjoy the Buffet Breakfast at Rain Tree Cafe in the Lobby floor.

Best regards.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caffeine addict
Unfortunately, upgrading to our Theme Suites with points is currently not possible.

Best regards,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.