Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Romain_
Hello,

I'm flying MEL-LAX-EWR on UA, with *G status. I have 3:30 stopover in LAX, landing in TBIT and departing from T7. What's my best option to have a shower? Can I access the star alliance lounge in TBIT, and is so would I need to do it on arrival before clearing customs?
I'm doing a similar run (SYD-LAX in J, LAX-SFO in F) in a few weeks but am UA Gold - can I still access the lounge on arrival?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nichojo
I'm doing a similar run (SYD-LAX in J, LAX-SFO in F) in a few weeks but am UA Gold - can I still access the lounge on arrival?
As a *G, you will have access to the *A lounge based on your LAX-SFO departure.

You can also access the United Club, based on the J arrival from SYD, but there are no showers.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Kacee
As a *G, you will have access to the *A lounge based on your LAX-SFO departure.

You can also access the United Club, based on the J arrival from SYD, but there are no showers.
Thanks, that's what I thought. But was slightly confused with the wording specific to United elites on the Star web site. I have a longer layover and the *A lounge sounds like a much better option than the UA club.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:08 pm

Hi guys,

Got a long layover in LAX, coming in on OZ F at TBIT, leaving on AC J at T6. As I understand it, I can clear immigration, re-clear security at TBIT, go to the *G lounge, and then take the long hallway to T6 before my flight, correct? My other question is, given that I am arriving on OZ F, can I access the First Class section of the Star Alliance lounge?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by flyer05
Hi guys,

Got a long layover in LAX, coming in on OZ F at TBIT, leaving on AC J at T6. As I understand it, I can clear immigration, re-clear security at TBIT, go to the *G lounge, and then take the long hallway to T6 before my flight, correct? My other question is, given that I am arriving on OZ F, can I access the First Class section of the Star Alliance lounge?
Yes on walking to T6. YMMV on F as they look at your departing flight. FWIW I heard the food is very similar.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Any have definitive news on morning opening time of the *A lounge, now that we are in summer season? I have an early morning arrival from SYD in July, connecting on to YVR @10:15 am, and hope to grab a shower in the lounge between flights.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: UA
SQ11 is usually the earliest flight and they leave at 10AM. You'll be fine, I was there last week at 9:45 and it was open.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
SQ11 is usually the earliest flight and they leave at 10AM. You'll be fine, I was there last week at 9:45 and it was open.
OK - I was hoping to get in the lounge around 8 am. My 10 am flight leaves from T7.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Originally Posted by transportprof
OK - I was hoping to get in the lounge around 8 am. My 10 am flight leaves from T7.
For SQ11, they will certainly be open by 8 a.m. Probably earlier.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
For SQ11, they will certainly be open by 8 a.m. Probably earlier.
Excellent! Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'll be flying HND-LAX-YYZ on NH106 and AC788 in F and J respectively. I've only flown out of LAX once for a DL flight to SFO so I'm not very familiar with the layout, but my flight arrives at TBIT and I fly out of T6 several hours later. Upon landing will I be able to go right to the lounge or will I be directed into some customs/security channel and have to come back? Also, do you think they'll permit me to use the first class lounge with the arrival in F? Air Canada doesn't have F so I didn't have that option on the outbound.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I'll be flying HND-LAX-YYZ on NH106 and AC788 in F and J respectively. I've only flown out of LAX once for a DL flight to SFO so I'm not very familiar with the layout, but my flight arrives at TBIT and I fly out of T6 several hours later. Upon landing will I be able to go right to the lounge or will I be directed into some customs/security channel and have to come back? Also, do you think they'll permit me to use the first class lounge with the arrival in F? Air Canada doesn't have F so I didn't have that option on the outbound.
You have to go through USCBP immigration and customs inspection which includes claiming any checked baggage. Everyone will be non-sterile so you will exit into the public area, which means you will have to re-enter through TSA security inspection at (your choice) TBIT or T4-T8. This is the setup for all international (non-precleared) arrivals into the U.S.

You will have access to UA Club at T7 and AC MLL at T6 and *A Business Lounge at TBIT. The *A lounges are strictly based on departure, so you won't be able to use the *A F Lounge.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
You have to go through USCBP immigration and customs inspection which includes claiming any checked baggage. Everyone will be non-sterile so you will exit into the public area, which means you will have to re-enter through TSA security inspection at (your choice) TBIT or T4-T8. This is the setup for all international (non-precleared) arrivals into the U.S.

You will have access to UA Club at T7 and AC MLL at T6 and *A Business Lounge at TBIT. The *A lounges are strictly based on departure, so you won't be able to use the *A F Lounge.
Baggage won't just continue onward to YYZ eh? That's good to know, so thank you. For a five hour layover would you say the *A business lounge in TBIT is worth going back and then walking airside to T6 versus the UC or MLL?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Baggage won't just continue onward to YYZ eh? That's good to know, so thank you. For a five hour layover would you say the *A business lounge in TBIT is worth going back and then walking airside to T6 versus the UC or MLL?
Except for a limited airline-specific international-to-international arrangement at certain airports (e.g. EWR, IAH, DFW, MIA), you always have to claim bags after passing US immigration. If it's tagged to final, you redeposit the bags immediately after customs exit.

With that much time, and that you're already there, TBIT *A lounge is best in terms of food offering and other amenities. (T8 to TBIT to T8 is a 3-km round trip walk. TBIT to T6 is about 1 km.)
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This lounge was just awarded the 'Best Airline alliance lounge' in the Skytrax 2018 awards, making it the 4th year in a row it's won that award!

Obviously that's not a category with too many entrants (there's not a huge amount of "alliance" branded lounges around), but even so it's a nice win!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.