Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by muflyer
Does anyone have a screen shot of the original offer as it has now disappeared. I am a couple credits short of an award which I would like to get by month's end and figured a couple rentals might do the trick as it has worked up until this point, but concerned now that no longer on site.
I talked to a Hertz rep yesterday and this offer is still valid, even though it is not shown on southwest.com.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
I actually just completed a rental and noticed on my final Hertz statement I was awarded 1200 Flight credits (essentially equal to 1 RR credit). However, I am not sure whether it will post before 2/28 as it now appears their system is awarding the new 2.0 verbage instead of RR 1.0. I used the 150732 PC code. I would like to get a couple more 1.0 credits in before the changeover. Does anyone have any insight into this and whether a Hertz rental can be expected to post as a 1.0 credit before the end of the month?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Phlebas
That link has stopped working, and can't find the offer on SWA.com, maybe it was withdrawn?
I noticed that when I entered the promo code "205418" for a reservaton at LAX this weekend, it increase the rate. For an intermediate car, using the southwest corporate rate code, I was offered a pre-paid rate of $15+ per day. Not prepaid was about $17. With promo code entered, I didn't get the pre-paid offer and the rate had got up to $22. To me, this smacks of dishonesty. They advertise a bonus, but don't tell you the rate will go up. This is even worse than that FF charge a lot of companies don't tell you about
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by mvoight
I noticed that when I entered the promo code "205418" for a reservaton at LAX this weekend, it increase the rate. For an intermediate car, using the southwest corporate rate code, I was offered a pre-paid rate of $15+ per day. Not prepaid was about $17. With promo code entered, I didn't get the pre-paid offer and the rate had got up to $22. To me, this smacks of dishonesty. They advertise a bonus, but don't tell you the rate will go up. This is even worse than that FF charge a lot of companies don't tell you about
Is this with Hertz? If so, when I see this problem, I just make the reservation without the promo code and then give the PC# to the agent at return. So far, it's worked for me every time. Good luck!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by honey4life12
Is this with Hertz? If so, when I see this problem, I just make the reservation without the promo code and then give the PC# to the agent at return. So far, it's worked for me every time. Good luck!
Yes, that's a Southwest code for Hertz. Pretty sure that's the CDP number.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:46 pm

Budget 5x promo through 31 Mar 11

Looks like this promotion has been extended until the end of March, 2011. Assuming the conversion is 600 RR2.0 points, that's like a $10/day credit towards a future flight. Of course, at the rate WN is raising airfares, that may not be much more than treading water

Here's the promo text from http://www.southwest.com/html/travel...edit30off.html.

Special Budget Offer: Earn up to 5 times the credit plus save up to 30% off your rental.
Now until March 31, 2011, the longer you rent the more credits you will earn with Budget. Plus, you can save up to 30% on all Budget rentals.

Rent for 1 day and receive a half credit (.5 credit per rental)
Rent for 2 days and receive double credit (1.0 credit per rental)
Rent for 3 days and receive triple credit (1.5 credit per rental)
Rent for 4 days and receive quadruple credit (2.0 credit per rental)
Rent for 5 days or more and receive 5x credit (2.5 credit per rental)

This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Budget airport location in the United States.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com. Please enter U072700 in the Corporate/ID Rate field to save up to 30% off your rental. Also, enter MUAZ039 in the Promotion Code Field to receive your appropriate credits. Be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of rental to receive your credits.

Terms & Conditions:
Up to 5 times the credit offer is valid from August 16, 2010 through March 31, 2011 on qualifying rentals at participating Budget airport locations in the United States.
Offer valid on qualifying rentals with a minimum 1-day rental length on all Budget car groups.
Rent for 1 day and receive a half credit (.5 credit per rental)
Rent for 2 days and receive double credit (1.0 credit per rental)
Rent for 3 days and receive triple credit (1.5 credit per rental)
Rent for 4 days and receive quadruple credit (2.0 credit per rental)
Rent for 5 days or more and receive 5x credit (2.5 credit per rental)
Please mention BCD number U072700 and provide Rapid Rewards account number at time of rental or check in to receive bonus credits.
Must use BCD number U072700 to receive discount of up to 30% off rental.
The savings of up to 30% applies to Budget leisure daily, weekly and weekend rates and is applicable only to the time and mileage charges of the rental.
Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less, except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and refueling are extra.
Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer.
An advance reservation is required.
Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Budget.com.
Car rental return restrictions may apply.
Offer subject to change without notice.
Renter must meet Budget age, driver and credit requirements.
Minimum age may vary by location.
An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day may apply and is extra.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for credits to post to account.
Rental must begin by March 31, 2011.
All Rapid Rewards® rules and regulations apply.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 6:38 pm

Welp...

When I enter the BCD and Coupon Code at Budget.com, I get the following error message;

"Your coupon MUAZ039 expired on 2011-01-31. Either choose a car below to continue without the coupon discount or go back and change your rental dates."
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:45 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The SWA web team frequently demonstrates that they have never heard of task management aids like tickler files. Just because they still have a web page advertising an unexpired promo doesn't mean you can be certain it is true. I have seen them advertise expired promos on confirmation Emails, list expired promos on the RR promos page (which currently has a Hertz offer good through 15-Feb ), and now, as reported elsewhere, advertise expired promos on boarding pass ads.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Bonus Points are now here

Well I'm a little PO'ed that the bonus car rental points for 2.0 were added today for Avis, Hertz etc. I booked my week long car rental for Mar 15th three weeks ago and to rebook it now for double points means more than doubling the cost (145 to 310). I guess I'll be stuck with earning 600 points instead of 1200.

B.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zutalors
Well I'm a little PO'ed that the bonus car rental points for 2.0 were added today for Avis, Hertz etc. I booked my week long car rental for Mar 15th three weeks ago and to rebook it now for double points means more than doubling the cost (145 to 310). I guess I'll be stuck with earning 600 points instead of 1200.
I'm not clear on which rental company your rental is with. At any rate, no guaurantees, but with Avis, I find the rates to go up and down and up and down quite a lot between the time I originally book and the rental date. So you may want to keep checking every few days on the chance that it might go back down.

Still, it would have to go back down a lot, since (unless you can convert to credits to top off your last award), the extra 600 points is worth $10 at best.

In fact, I'm not sure (once you've topped off your leftover credits, if any, for the last Standard Award) it's worth even earning with Southwest on rental cards any more unless you have a good promo. With all the promos around for other airlines (see MilesBuzz! for a thread about car rental promos overall), another airline could easily earn you 2000 miles or even more on a weeklong rental, and that's definitely worth way more than $10 in my book (it's about 1/12 of a capacity-controlled domestic trip, but perhaps even more importantly it's 1/25 of a "last seat available" domestic trip, and 25 * $10 WGA at Southwest is nowhere near the value of a "last seat available" domestic award at another airline.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 1, 2011 at 3:47 pm
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:22 pm

Has anyone actually been successful in making a Hertz reservation using the new Promotion Code 154512 (1-2 Days = 600 Pts, 3-4 Days=1200 Pts, 5+ days=1800 Pts) ? I have tried on both the Southwest and Hertz.com sites and keep on getting the error below:

"The Promotion Coupon - 154512 and Rate Code - MBR1 combination you've selected is not available for this rental either because that location isn't participating or some requirement for the offer hasn't been met. We have removed the Promotion Coupon and Rate Code from your request to provide you with the best rate. There may be other offers in the Special offer section which do apply, so you could check there for an alternative. [DRX143]"

I've tried making reservations in San Jose, Boston, Salt Lake, Detorit and Las Vegas. All without any luck. If you've been lucky enough to enter the code successfully for the 1-2 day rental please post the trick. Anyhelp is appreciated.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:07 pm

Alamo triple points (1800)

2+ days

Corporate id/rate code SRRMAY1
Old May 8, 2011, 12:50 pm

There is a complete list on the FT site. It is under Miles&Points, MilesBuzz and the rest is something like 2011 Q2 Car Rentals ??? It lists by FFP, Car Rental Co., Reward Pgm, Number of days needed to rent, etc. and is really good. Even tells you how many miles or points you get.

GVretiredguy
Old May 8, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by GVretiredguy
There is a complete list on the FT site. It is under Miles&Points, MilesBuzz and the rest is something like 2011 Q2 Car Rentals ??? It lists by FFP, Car Rental Co., Reward Pgm, Number of days needed to rent, etc. and is really good. Even tells you how many miles or points you get.

GVretiredguy
Q2 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

I wouldn't claim it's "complete" but I definitely try. Many of the contributors to this thread here are regulars on that thread.
Old May 8, 2011, 9:05 pm

'bout time we got some promo activity...

I plan to take FULL advantage of the 2 day Alamo rental for 3x, especially with the current window of LOW rental rates, but after I top off my current account, as a year around car renter, I'm goin' direct my rentals at other mileage offers from other airlines, cause with the current SW award structure, it would have to be 6x offer to get me to "come back"...

Originally Posted by Matthewski
Alamo triple points (1800)

2+ days

Corporate id/rate code SRRMAY1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.