Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:07 am

New Alamo Code 40% OFF & 3X Points

More miles for less money. GET 3x RAPID REWARDS CREDIT® and save up to 40% with Alamo.

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...ES000000100817

Terms and Conditions:
Receive a discount of up to 40% or the best available rate at time of reservation.
Available on any rental of a midsize car or larger for two days or more.
Available in the U.S.
Valid through 12/31/10
Provide your Rapid Rewards account number at time of rental.
Travel is subject to the government authorized or imposed September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per roundtrip.
Concession recoupment fees of up to 12% may be added to the rental rate at some on-airport locations.
Up to 10% may be added to the rental rate if you rent at an off-airport location and exit on the shuttle bus.
Renter must meet standard age, driver, and credit requirements.
Rates are higher for drivers under age 25. *
May not be combined with any other discounts.
Availability is limited.
Subject to change without notice.
Offer valid only at participating US locations.
Blackout dates may apply.
Holiday blackouts may differ by location.
A frequent flyer surcharge of $1.50 per day, up to $4.50 per rental may apply. This service charge is being collected by Alamo to offset the administrative and program costs associated with participation in Frequent Flyer programs.
Taxes, other governmentally-authorized, or imposed surcharges, license recoupment fees, airport facility fees of up to $4 per day or $12 per rental, fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge, and optional items (such as CDW Waiver Savers® up to US $21 per day) are extra.
All Rapid Rewards® program rules and regulations apply.
Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for Rapid Reward credit to post to your account.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:10 am

5X WN Credit for Avis and Budget 5 Day + Rentals

Avis and Budget are offering 0.5 Credit per day up to 2.5 Credits for 5 day + rentals through the end of the year with up to 30% discount

Avis
http://www.southwest.com/specialoffe...edit30off.html

Budget
http://www.southwest.com/specialoffe...edit30off.html

Most other car rental companies offering 3x credit for 5 plus day rentals with discounts from 20% to 40%
http://www.southwest.com/landing/bigSale.html

Last edited by TravelAuto; Sep 2, 2010 at 9:21 am Reason: add discount info
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
5X WN Credit for Avis and Budget 5 Day + Rentals

Although various promotional credits are indeed being offered by various rental car agencies, the Hertz promotion requires use of the SWA CDP discount code. If you have other CDP codes which you could apply, (such as from AAA), you may find that the difference in rental rate is greater than the benefit to be derived from the extra credits.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Got the e-mail about the "Big Sale." The Dollar and Thrifty offers aren't that exciting because they require a five-day minimum and only offer a triple credit (1.5).

Hertz offers a triple credit (1.5) and 20% off on a two-day minimum rental:
Earn triple Rapid Rewards credits and save up to 20% on all qualifying daily and weekend rentals of two or more days, and weekly rentals of five days. This offer is valid when renting a Mid Size car or larger at participating airport and off airport locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada through October 15, 2010.

Remember, you will receive 1.5 credits instead of the usual 0.5 credit you normally earn when renting with Hertz.

For reservations, visit southwest.com. When booking, select Hertz, enter CDP# 205418 in the Corporate ID/Rate Code field, enter Promotion Code (PC# 148433) in the Promotion Code field, and enter your Rapid Rewards account number.
Alamo offers 40% off an a triple credit (1.5) for a three-day minimum rental:
Get 3x Rapid Rewards Credit and Save Up to 40% With Alamo

It’s easy to land this deal. Just rent a midsize or larger car for two or more days from Alamo and:

* Earn 1.5 Rapid Rewards credit per rental (that’s triple the standard 0.5 credits per rental
* Also save up to 40%
* Simply reserve a car in the US or Canada using: Corporate ID SWAPRET
* Don’t forget, there’s a 3-day minimum rental
* Rental must be completed by 12/31/2010
* Provide your Rapid Reward account number at time of rental
Avis offers 30% off and a staggered bonus ranging from a half-credit (0.5) for a one-day rental all the way up to a quintuple credit (2.5) for a five-day minimum rental:
Now until December 31, 2010, you will receive up to 5 times the credit and save up to 30% on all Avis rentals.

* Rent for 1 day and receive a half credit (.5 credit per rental)
* Rent for 2 days and receive double credit (1.0 credit per rental)
* Rent for 3 days and receive triple credit (1.5 credit per rental)
* Rent for 4 days and receive quadruple credit (2.0 credit per rental)
* Rent for 5 days or more and receive 5x credit (2.5 credit per rental)

This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Avis airport location in the United States.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com and enter K024743 in the Corporate/ID Rate/AWD field to receive your appropriate credits and to save up to 30% off your rental. Also, be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation or check in to receive your credits.
Budget offers 30% off and a staggered bonus ranging from a half-credit (0.5) for a one-day rental all the way up to a quintuple credit (2.5) for a five-day minimum rental:
Now until December 31, 2010, the longer you rent the more credits you will earn with Budget. Plus, you can save up to 30% on all Budget rentals.

* Rent for 1 day and receive a half credit (.5 credit per rental)
* Rent for 2 days and receive double credit (1.0 credit per rental)
* Rent for 3 days and receive triple credit (1.5 credit per rental)
* Rent for 4 days and receive quadruple credit (2.0 credit per rental)
* Rent for 5 days or more and receive 5x credit (2.5 credit per rental)

This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Budget airport location in the United States.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com and enter U072700 in the Corporate/ID Rate/BCD field to receive your appropriate credits and save up to 30% off your rental. Be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of rental to receive your credits.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I posted this in the Q3 2010 Car Rental Bonus Promos! thread tonight.

WN/Alamo Quadruple Rapid Rewards credit and save up to 25% - Exp: December 12, 2010 - Min: 3 days Corporate Code 4XCHASE

This appears to be targeted to WN Credit Card holders so book accordingly.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Dollar Triple Credit

This one has been out there for a while but beats the recent offers.
Full size or larger
3 day rental (start any day)
thru 2-28-11
Book using WNAWD
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:52 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Quadruple Rapid Rewards credit and save up to 25% - Exp: December 12, 2010 - Min: 3 days Corporate Code 4XCHASE
Any car class restriction? I received a snail-mail offer for Alamo 4X with the same 12-Dec expiry and 3-day minimum, but it also requires mid-size or larger. Corporate ID 7015584.

This appears to be targeted to WN Credit Card holders so book accordingly.
What do you mean by book accordingly?

Last edited by ftnoob; Sep 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm Reason: remove extraneous markup tag
Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
4x RR with Alamo 3-day rental

Got postcard from Southwest (and I'm not a SW credit card holder).

4x RR credits and up to 25% off
Midsize or larger car
3 days or more rental
Rental completed by Dec 12, 2010
reference corp ID/Rate 7015584

(Wish my biz travel had me any one place for 3 days at a time!)
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by peersteve
Got postcard from Southwest (and I'm not a SW credit card holder).

4x RR credits and up to 25% off
Midsize or larger car
3 days or more rental
Rental completed by Dec 12, 2010
reference corp ID/Rate 7015584

(Wish my biz travel had me any one place for 3 days at a time!)
Thanks for the info - sounds like something I could use.

Which rental company is it..?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hi DGlenday,

peersteve's post had a title, which was "4x RR with Alamo 3-day rental"
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Hi DGlenday,

peersteve's post had a title, which was "4x RR with Alamo 3-day rental"
That'll teach me to read the whole thing!

Thanks for pointing it out...
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
No problem - and (even if this has been expressed before) welcome to the forum!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:45 pm

Alamo 4x Rapid Rewards. Midsize or larger for 3 days or more. Valid until Dec 12, 2010. Enter 7015585 in the corporate ID/rate field.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Bump. Still wondering whether the offer reported by Mrp Alert has a car class restriction. If not, it is superior to the 7015584 offer reported by me (and by peersteve) and the (otherwise identical?) 7015585 offer reported by Miles Man.

Originally Posted by ftnoob
Quadruple Rapid Rewards credit and save up to 25% - Exp: December 12, 2010 - Min: 3 days Corporate Code 4XCHASE
Any car class restriction? I received a snail-mail offer for Alamo 4X with the same 12-Dec expiry and 3-day minimum, but it also requires mid-size or larger. Corporate ID 7015584.

What do you mean by book accordingly?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Alamo 3X Credit with 2 day minimum

I've got a (barely) two-day rental coming up and I wonder if anyone can tell me how Alamo calculates the 2 days. I was planning on booking the car from12 noon Saturday to 12 noon Monday - however my flight arrives at 12:55pm on Saturday and leaves at 11:45 am on Monday so I'll probably be returning the car around 10am. Is this enough for two days (and triple credit) or will the Alamo computer system see this as one?

B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.