Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2005, 9:57 am

Upgrade + Double credit

Just got this in e-mail....

"Now through September 30, 2005, you can receive double Rapid Rewards credit (1 Rapid Rewards credit, rather than the standard 0.5 credits per rental) and receive a Free One Car Class Upgrade on qualifying Leisure Daily, Leisure Weekly, and Leisure Weekend Rate rentals of two or more days. Simply rent a Compact (Class B) through Full-size (Class F) car at a participating airport and suburban location in the U.S. or Canada.

For reservations, visit southwest.com, hertz.com, or call Hertz at 1-800-654-2210. When you make your reservation, please include Rapid Rewards discount number CDP 205418 (when booking on southwest.com, please enter 205418 in the Corporate ID/Rate box), and Promotion Code # 954096. Be sure to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at time of rental pickup"
Old May 10, 2005, 10:40 am

Programs: lots
first time I'm renting through this, but can anyone explain this to me? Why is my total cheaper than the base rate?
Base Rate $71.96
Drop Charge $0.00
Mileage Charge Unlimited
Tax (9.0%) $5.61
CONCESSION FEE RECOVERY $5.43
Rental Surcharge $8.00
Approximate Total $67.97
Old May 10, 2005, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by pitsheel
first time I'm renting through this, but can anyone explain this to me? Why is my total cheaper than the base rate?
Base Rate $71.96
Drop Charge $0.00
Mileage Charge Unlimited
Tax (9.0%) $5.61
CONCESSION FEE RECOVERY $5.43
Rental Surcharge $8.00
Approximate Total $67.97
If you book with the SWA CDP, you will normally get a 10-15% discount off the base rate. If you are using some of the above codes, you may also get another $5 per day off the base rate. Add all these savings up and many times it's possible to have a total charge that is below the base rate.....................
Old May 11, 2005, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW-Plat,Marriott-Plat,Hilton-Gold,Hertz-Pres Circle
3 credits for 1 week rental

Earn an Additional 1,000 Miles/Points or 3 Full CreditsThis summer, earn an additional 1,000 Miles/Points or 3 Full Credits. There is no limit to the number of times you can earn this bonus for qualifying rentals through August 31, 2005. Simply rent a Full-Size or larger car, including SUVs, Minivans, or luxury vehicles in our Prestige Collection, at hertz.com. Simply provide your frequent traveler number and the PC# 968763 to receive your 1,000 bonus miles or 3 bonus credits. See the list below for participating travel partners.

Offer is valid on all Standard or Leisure Weekly Rental Rates and is available at participating airport and suburban locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada. Please read the important terms and conditions below.

Click here to book this offer and be sure to enter the following:

• After you receive your quote, match your desired frequent traveler partner from the list below to the drop down menu and enter your frequent traveler number.

Or, have your travel agent book at hertzagent.com. Be sure to provide PC# 968763 and your frequent traveler member number to take advantage of this offer.

Participating Travel Partners
Alaska Airlines • Aloha Airlines • AirTran Airways
America West Airlines • American Airlines • Amtrak
Continental Airlines • Delta Air Lines
Frontier Airlines • Hawaiian Airlines • Marriott
Midwest • Priority Club • Southwest Airlines • United
US Airways

Terms and Conditions: Advance reservation is required. This offer is valid on Class F and higher vehicles (not including upgrades). Weekly rentals require a 5-day minimum keep. Minimum rental age is 25 (exceptions apply). Standard rental qualifications, rental period and return restrictions apply. This offer has no cash value and may not be combined with any other offer, discount, coupon or promotion. Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.50 per day, up to a maximum of $2.00 per rental, may apply. Miles/Points/Credits will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, and any other promotional rates or group travel. This offer is valid only when booking on www.hertz.com or www.hertzagent.com. All frequent traveler program rules and restrictions apply.
Old May 18, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
That's a good deal but here is a better one

Aparently there is an identical offer out there that gives four credits
or 2000 miles with PC 968741 and has the same terms as the before mentioned offer with 3 credits.
Old May 19, 2005, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by sanFF
Aparently there is an identical offer out there that gives four credits
or 2000 miles with PC 968741 and has the same terms as the before mentioned offer with 3 credits.
FOUR FULL CREDITS??? WOW, that's a free ticket every four rentals!!
The best I had seen is 4x the credits, or 2 full credit per rental.

Are all other T&C the same as the OP for 3 credits??

Thanks!!
Old May 30, 2005, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by brengaz
FOUR FULL CREDITS??? WOW, that's a free ticket every four rentals!!
The best I had seen is 4x the credits, or 2 full credit per rental.

Are all other T&C the same as the OP for 3 credits??

Thanks!!
Has anyone received the four credits/2000 miles yet?
Old May 30, 2005, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by William Fikes
Has anyone received the four credits/2000 miles yet?
I just returned a car a couple of days ago and the Hertz statement said:

You've earned 4.5 credits!!

And if I read the previous post, it says the credits are ADDITIONAL, so this adds up. If true, this is better than an old fashioned RT in the good days of 2x credits.

Not posted on my SW RR account yet, but I'm checking daily.

Last edited by brengaz; Jun 9, 2005 at 1:24 am
Old May 31, 2005, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by brengaz
I returned a car on Friday and the Hertz statement said:

You've earned 4.5 credits!!

And if I read the previous post, it says the credits are ADDITIONAL, so this adds up. If true, this is better than an old fashioned RT in the good days of 2x credits.

Not posted on my SW RR account yet, but I'm checking daily.
Which PC# did you use? It must be the PC#968741 which says four bonus credits (plus the normal .5 credit)= 4.5 credits. I assume the other PC#968763 says three bonus credits + normal .5 credits= 3.5 credits.

That is a bonanza! Did you receive the promo...do you know if terms and conditions are the same as the three credit bonus?

Has anyone actually had the bonus credits post yet?
Thanks!!
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW-Plat,Marriott-Plat,Hilton-Gold,Hertz-Pres Circle
only .5 credit to my swa account

checked my southwest account and only .5 credit is posted. But the receipt shows that i will get 4.5 credits. can anyone check their swa account and let me know
thanks,
Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:33 am

The same happened to me!

When I returned the car, the statement said I earned 4.5 credits, the credits posted yesterday, and it was only 0.5. It may be that the bonus will post later.

Will check with Hertz and post my updates.

William: I've used the PC for 4 credits from this thread. I don't have the T&C, but sanFF indicated they are the same as in the 3 credit promo.

Last edited by brengaz; Jun 8, 2005 at 10:58 am
Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:56 pm

Posted!!!

Finally, after only the regular .5 had shown for almost a week, here it is:

05/XX/05 XXX .5 Hertz Rental Credit
05/XX/05 XXX 4 Hertz President's Cir 4 Cr BN

^ ^ ^

Last edited by brengaz; Jun 8, 2005 at 10:52 am
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:21 pm

Are you in the "President's Circle"? Is that code only for members of the P.C. or can anybody use the 4.5 credit code?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:36 pm

I booked a rental for my coworker next week at TPA using 968741. It allowed me to reserve the car and accepted the PC. We'll soon find out if it works and the credits post; he rents from Hertz perhaps twice a year.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:16 am

Here is a link to the offer, from the Hertz forum.

http://offers.hertzgold.com/offer.aspx?offerid=118

Does not seem to be targeted, or restricted, but it's a Hertz Gold offer.
Anyone can get Hertz Gold for $10 by signing up to the Ameniti intro offer with United. This will get you a bunch more stuff as well, including one year of conde nast travel, a bottle of wine, 2 passes to the red carpet club...and yes, some deals with United too. Be sure to cancel within three months, unless you're happy with the service!!

Last edited by brengaz; Jun 8, 2005 at 12:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.