Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:11 pm

You're right, that one is better. Thanks for the reminder!!

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
I got double credits on the WN promo in HNL.... no way that can remotely be considered a WN station.

Promo code 950810 for weekend rentals with Hertz, and 950606 for weekly rentals, give double WN credit plus $5 off per day, up to $20 off.

The code is no longer listed on southwest.com, but the offer is valid through Nov. 30, 2004. It's listed on an insert in every mailed WN receipt I've gotten in the last couple months.

I'm sure this has been listed earlier in this thread..... but why use the 'latest, greatest' double credit promo code when this old standby gives double credit along with $$$ off?!?!

Last edited by crhptic; Jun 16, 2004 at 2:16 pm
Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:21 pm

Summary of current Hertz promos for late arrivers

All use CDP 205418

Expires 8/31/04: Quadruple Credit on any rental of 2+ days. PC 950902. Also seems to result in random other discounts...

Expires 10/31/04: Double Credit on any rental of 2+ days. PC 952361

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus free tank of gas. PC 950714. This appear to have a 5-day minimum keep on Weekly rate rentals and 2 days on Weekend rentals.

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus $5 off per day/$20 off per week. 950810 (daily/weekend), weekly rentals are listed variously as 950606 and 950806..not sure which it is...try both

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus free one-class upgrade. PC 950994

All above are applicable only to "Leisure rates" - guess you have to make sure to check the "Leisure" box on Hertz.com when reserving?

Expires 2/28/05: Double credit on any car, any length rental: PC 947785

Happy credits,
NT

Last edited by crhptic; Jun 29, 2004 at 8:36 am Reason: adding additional promo codes
Old Jun 16, 2004, 5:16 pm

Programs: CO-GLD;HH-GLD;UA-1P;F9 QuickAscent;FL Courtesy Elite
THRU JUNE 21--Triple Credit Too...

Here's one that's on their website now--emailed yesterday as part of their "33rd Anniversary" promotion:

Also goes longer than the 4x prmotion, but BOOK NOW as its a short term thing....

Hertz is offering Triple Rapid Rewards credit (1.5 credits instead of the standard 0.5 credits per rental) on all qualifying leisure weekly or leisure weekend rate rentals of two or more days for mid-size cars or larger.

* Valid at participating locations for rentals booked between June 15 and 21, 2004.
* Rentals must be picked up by October 31, 2004.
* Present your Rapid Rewards card at rental counter upon arrival.
* Must enter code 205418 in the "Corporate ID/Rate Code" field and code 954332 in the "Promotion Code" field at time of reservation on southwest.com.
* Available only on southwest.com.
* Earn credit toward free flights with this Rapid Rewards Preferred Partner.
* See Additional Hertz Terms and Conditions below.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:33 pm

Two new ones from the RR web site today:

Hertz:
Now through November 30, 2004, you can receive double Rapid Rewards credit (1 credit vs. the standard 0.5 credits per rental) and receive a Free Upgrade on all qualifying Leisure Weekly and Leisure Weekend Rate rentals of two or more days. Simply rent a Compact (Class B) through Fullsize (Class F) car, with a maximum upgrade to a Premium (Class G) car, at participating airport and suburban locations in the U.S.

For reservations, visit southwest.com, hertz.com, or call Hertz directly at 1-800-654-2210. At time of reservation, mention your Rapid Rewards membership number, Rapid Rewards Corporate ID/Rate (Discount Plan CDP number) 205418, and Promotion Code # 950994 for your double credit and a Free Upgrade.

(I added this to the "Hertz summary" post above)

Dollar:
Triple Credit with Dollar!

Now through August 31, 2004, you can receive triple Rapid Rewards credit (1.5 credits vs. .5 standard credit) on rentals of a minivan, premium, luxury or convertible vehicle for five days or longer with Dollar Rent A Car. It's a great way to get closer to your next Award.

For reservations, please visit southwest.com, dollar.com or call Dollar at 1-800-800-4000. Simply provide your Rapid Rewards membership number and promotion code WN44 at the time of rental to receive your triple credit.

24-hour advance reservation required. Rental must be picked up by August 31, 2004. Renter must meet DOLLAR(R) minimum age, driver and credit requirements. Industry discount rates, tour rates and complimentary rentals do not earn frequent flyer credit. Offer is only available at participating locations. Frequent flyer credit is subject to a frequent flyer surcharge of $0.50 per rental day, up to a maximum of $2.00 per rental transaction. Frequent flyer surcharge is collected at the time of rental from Dollar. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 3:03 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by crhptic
All use CDP 205418

Expires 8/31/04: Quadruple Credit on any rental of 2+ days. PC 950902. Also seems to result in random other discounts...
Any other experiences with the random discounts? Hertz is so high in DEN that I'm considering skipping all this and Pricelining it...
Old Jun 28, 2004, 6:52 pm

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
Just switched out CP and got a Hertz flier for double credits, as well as an offer for #1 Club Gold.

2x credits: CDP 205418, PC 947785

Nothing special compared to other offers, but this appears to be good on any car for any length of time (including 1-day rentals), and is valid thru Feb 28 05.

Anyone had any experience in using this code?
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. July
Anyone had any experience in using this code?
Yes, SanFF posted the same CP code in this thread on 4/12/04. I used it earlier this month for a 1 day Economy (although Hertz upgraded me to a nice SUV for free) weekend rental from LAX. The total came to $15.67 including tax. I value 1.0 SWA credit at $20 so I figure I got paid over $4 to drive Hertz'z SUV for the day. Thanks Hertz!!!!!
Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL MP, AAdvantage,WN RR
Free tank of gas at SJC

I booked Hertz CDP205418, PC 950714 for SJC pick up. I was told it was not qualified when I got on the rental counter.The rental agent said it is too good to be true. Then I demanded to talk to Hertz customer service over the phone and finally confirmed the free tankn of gas. Now I am going I-5 MR .
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by crhptic
All use CDP 205418

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus free tank of gas. PC 950714. This appear to have a 5-day minimum keep on Weekly rate rentals and 2 days on Weekend rentals.

How can you get confirmation of the free tank of gas when making the reservation online? There is absolutely no indication and the HLE that I rent from in Oakland is always looking to start an argument. Is there a link or an e-mail that someone can post that I can print for documentation? Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 6:42 am

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
Originally Posted by yashan
Is there a link or an e-mail that someone can post that I can print for documentation? Thanks.
The free tank of gas was on the spring Rapid Report which, unfortunately, has been replaced on-line by the summer edition.

The best I could find was a cached version of the title page on Google - but the detail page with the Hertz terms and conditions appears to be gone. Maybe someone else was smart enough to print out a copy that they could get to you or will have better luck finding an archived copy of the page.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. July
The free tank of gas was on the spring Rapid Report which, unfortunately, has been replaced on-line by the summer edition.

The best I could find was a cached version of the title page on Google - but the detail page with the Hertz terms and conditions appears to be gone. Maybe someone else was smart enough to print out a copy that they could get to you or will have better luck finding an archived copy of the page.

Thanks for your help. I may just try my luck and like yosemite1225 had to do, call Hertz CS if they give me a hassle when I get there.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Reapping

When I used Hertz CDP205418, PC 950714, I did it online.
(BTW, I checked the both swa and hertz websites, only found the latter offers LOWER price.I also don't both to visit the web to see if the price was getting lower after initial booking. I often find there are lower rental price available as it approaching weekends. I book a new reservation if there is a lower price available and cancel the old.)

When I was at the rental counter last Saturday night, after initial confilict information from rental agent I demanded to have a clarification from hertz customer service. Took a little while to be connected, but the customer service was quickly confirmed all information the CDP and PC # applying.

After the conversation between the rental agent and Hertz CSA, the rental agent told me that CSA said the problem was caused by a computer glitch when reservation was made online, but would not happen if the reservation was placed on the phone.

The rental agent again and again said "Sorry forthe trouble" to me and quickly made the rental printout, showing I purchased the tank of gas at $33.33 discout !

Thanks SWA
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
I've found that making the reservation online is $10-$15 cheaper per day than over the phone. So what I do with the free gas code is make the reservation online and then call reservations and have them add the notation to the reservation that the free tank of gas is included.

Saves a lot of hassle at the desk.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bobofoosh
I've found that making the reservation online is $10-$15 cheaper per day than over the phone. So what I do with the free gas code is make the reservation online and then call reservations and have them add the notation to the reservation that the free tank of gas is included.

Saves a lot of hassle at the desk.

True. Actually, my bill was about $3 higher than I booked when my rental was settled over the phone. But I am still happy because it was still LOWER
than if I booked on SWA web, moreover, if you consider 1 rr credit=$20, and $33.33 discount for gas I got a free rental. No complain at all.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:27 am

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
New Triple Credit

I scanned through the thread and didn't see this PC that I received yesterday (with my drink coupons ) I've used crhptic's format (and pasted his summary) in order to keep this all neat and clean. I also added the PC posted by Mr. July. (Just trying to give credit where due.)

All use CDP #205418

Expires 10/31/04: Double Credit on any rental of 2+ days. PC 952361

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus $5 off per day/$20 off per week. 950810 (daily/weekend), weekly rentals are listed variously as 950606 and 950806..not sure which it is...try both

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus free one-class upgrade. PC 950994

Expires 12/31/04: Triple credit and $5 off per day on Leisure Weekend rental of 2+ days. Midsize (Class C) or larger. PC 952092.

Expires 12/31/04: Triple credit and $20 off on Leisure Weekly rental of 5+ days. Midsize (Class C) or larger. PC 952486.

Expires 2/28/05: Double credit on any car, any length rental: PC 947785.

Happy motoring!

Last edited by ejmelton; Jul 23, 2004 at 9:51 am Reason: Clean Up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.