Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Did you call Hertz or WN? This is my first time having to hunt down points so I'm not familiar with how to go forward.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:27 am

Not sure what WN is. I called the Rapid Rewards Service Center at 214-932-0333. I will say though, I rented 2 cars that week for 3 days each, and the credits that showed in my account were for the second rental. So, I had to call them back this morning, and file a report that the first rental wasn't added to my account. I'm also still waiting on 2000 bonus points from a TV I bought from Dell months ago (4 points per $ promo). They are still looking into that. I am noticing that I'm required to call more often to follow-up than I have in the past. That may be by design though. Like Mail-In rebates, they just hope you'll overlook it...
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
apologies if this question shouldn't be asked here.

My fiance is about 6k short of the companion pass. the current Hertz deal that came out today (1800 points for 3+ days) is enticing. Here's my question: Is there any way for the Hertz reservation to be under my name but to have the points credited to her RR account? I'm a Hertz #1 Gold member and she has no status. I don't think there would be an issue on the Hertz side of things, since they don't care what RR number is on the res.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
apologies if this question shouldn't be asked here.

My fiance is about 6k short of the companion pass. the current Hertz deal that came out today (1800 points for 3+ days) is enticing. Here's my question: Is there any way for the Hertz reservation to be under my name but to have the points credited to her RR account? I'm a Hertz #1 Gold member and she has no status. I don't think there would be an issue on the Hertz side of things, since they don't care what RR number is on the res.
Keep in mind that any car rental will only net you 600 CPQPs...the other 1200 are just regular RR points.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Keep in mind that any car rental will only net you 600 CPQPs...the other 1200 are just regular RR points.
ooo did not know that. well, 600 is still better than 0, and the extra 1200 isn't too bad of an offer.

Since I'm going to be listed as the driver, I assume that the payment should come from one of my cards and we shouldn't risk the extra ~120 CPQPs by using her credit card. edit: nmind... says so at the top of the rental page. duh.

Anyway, I guess the question will still remain as to whether or not there should be an issue with me as driver and renter but with her RR number on the res.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by jusme
Not sure what WN is. I called the Rapid Rewards Service Center at 214-932-0333. I will say though, I rented 2 cars that week for 3 days each, and the credits that showed in my account were for the second rental. So, I had to call them back this morning, and file a report that the first rental wasn't added to my account. I'm also still waiting on 2000 bonus points from a TV I bought from Dell months ago (4 points per $ promo). They are still looking into that. I am noticing that I'm required to call more often to follow-up than I have in the past. That may be by design though. Like Mail-In rebates, they just hope you'll overlook it...
I finally got my points although I did it though petitioning via the Hertz.com credit request as per the instructions on Southwest.com for missing credit. Initially, Hertz sent me an email saying that everything on their end was complete the day after turning in the car (6/5/12) and that their part was done but then the points mysteriously appeared in my account the next business day.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Receive double Rapid Rewards Points and save up to 25% on Alamo rentals of a standard size car or above. For double points, you will receive 1,200 points per qualifying rental instead of the standard 600 points per rental.

With self-service checkin, you can skip the counter, checkin at the kiosk, and drive away. All you need is a valid drivers license and major credit card. It's that easy.

Rent a standard car or larger for one day or longer
Valid at participating Alamo locations in the U.S. through November 15, 2011

For reservations, book below. The Corporate ID/Rate will already be entered for you. Simply remember to provide your Rapid Rewards account number when completing your reservation or at checkin to receive your points.

You may also book through the Car tab online at southwest.com. When booking, please be sure to enter 7015871 in the Corporate ID/Rate field and your Rapid Rewards account number to receive Rapid Rewards Points.

Just curious why you are posting a code from 2011 when we are well into 2012?????
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:06 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Originally Posted by bzz100
Just curious why you are posting a code from 2011 when we are well into 2012?????
Here's the current version:

Receive double Rapid Rewards Points and save up to 30% on Alamo rentals of two days or more. For double points, you will receive 1,200 points per qualifying rental instead of the standard 600 points per rental.
•Rent a compact car or above for two days or more.
•Valid at participating Alamo locations in the U.S. through 9/30/ 2012
For reservations, book below. The Corporate ID/Rate will already be entered for you. Simply remember to provide your Rapid Rewards account number when completing your reservation or at check in to receive your points. You may also book through the Car tab online at southwest.com. When booking, please be sure to enter 7015932 in the Corporate ID/Rate field and your Rapid Rewards account number to receive Rapid Rewards Points.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ejmelton
Here's the current version:

Receive double Rapid Rewards Points and save up to 30% on Alamo rentals of two days or more.
That's not a current version - it's for a 2+ day rental, which is almost always available. The reference was to a one-day rental, which is much more valuable to many of us.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:49 pm

In my experience, even when providing the correct AWD # and the correct promo number, if you do not reserve from the SW site it will not post.

Has anyone had luck in getting this promo to work when booking from the avis site directly, but inputting the promo AWD# and promo code?

I have called on many occasions and have never 1 time seen anything post correctly regarding this offer.

However, if you book from the SW site, it seems to post just fine.

If anyone has suggestions feel free to PM me.

btw, all my rentals that have not posted correctly have been through the avis offer for bonus points.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:45 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by shoreline
In my experience, even when providing the correct AWD # and the correct promo number, if you do not reserve from the SW site it will not post.

Has anyone had luck in getting this promo to work when booking from the avis site directly, but inputting the promo AWD# and promo code?

I have called on many occasions and have never 1 time seen anything post correctly regarding this offer.

However, if you book from the SW site, it seems to post just fine.

If anyone has suggestions feel free to PM me.

btw, all my rentals that have not posted correctly have been through the avis offer for bonus points.
I have never had a problem with them after I started entering all the zero's in front of my RR number.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
ALAMO
-Corporate ID: 7015765
-Rent a midsize or larger car
-Participating locations in the U.S. through December 31, 2012
-Double points (1,200 points per qualifying rental instead of the standard 600 points per rental) and save up to 30% on Alamo rentals of two days or longer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:05 am

I completed a car rental this past weekend and when I was turning my car in, I find out that they had put my name in incorrectly (reversed my first and last name). Any idea whether I will still get RR points for the rental, or do I need to contact someone to clarify?

Also, what is the typical timeframe to see these type of miles post?

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:41 am

National offer

With National added as a partner, there's this offer:

To celebrate this new Partnership, you can earn triple points (1,800 points per qualifying rental instead of the standard 600 points) and save up to 25% on any National Car Rental of three days or longer from now through November 15, 2012. Simply provide the Contract ID 5030346 and your Rapid Rewards account number when booking your rental to receive your bonus points and discount.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:04 am

I received this from WN this morning:

To celebrate this new Partnership, you can earn triple points (1,800 points per qualifying rental instead of the standard 600 points) and save up to 25% on any National Car Rental of three days or longer from now through November 15, 2012. Simply provide the Contract ID 5030346 and your Rapid Rewards account number when booking your rental to receive your bonus points and discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.