Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2004, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bobbysfca
I see these promos listed on the previous pages:

All use CDP #205418

Expires 10/31/04: Double Credit on any rental of 2+ days. PC 952361

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus free tank of gas. PC 950714. This appear to have a 5-day minimum keep on Weekly rate rentals and 2 days on Weekend rentals.

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus $5 off per day/$20 off per week. 950810 (daily/weekend), weekly rentals are listed variously as 950606 and 950806..not sure which it is...try both

Expires 11/30/04: Double Credit plus free one-class upgrade. PC 950994

Expires 12/31/04: Triple credit and $5 off per day on Leisure Weekend rental of 2+ days. Midsize (Class C) or larger. PC 952092.
If you want a Leisure Weekly rate w/ the same bennies, the PC is 952486.

Expires 12/31/04: Triple credit and $20 off on Leisure Weekly rental of 5+ days. Midsize (Class C) or larger. PC 952486.

Expires 2/28/05: Double credit on any car, any length rental: PC 947785.

1. The above Hertz promos ought to still be valid. Does anyone have any info to the contrary, or any new promos for Hertz?

2. Does anyone have any good promos (read: 3x, 4x) valid this autumn for other companies?

Now that an internet-booked RT gets only 3 credits, this is important stuff!

Could someone please note whether any or all of these offers require an actual coupon, or if you just need the codes? Last time I rented from Hertz (not one of these offers), they definitely required me to turn in the coupon. Thank you.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 10:44 am

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
I always say...

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Could someone please note whether any or all of these offers require an actual coupon, or if you just need the codes? Last time I rented from Hertz (not one of these offers), they definitely required me to turn in the coupon. Thank you.
Every time that I return a car they ask for the coupon. I always say that's it's an e-coupon, they look a little perplexed and everything works fine.

If you need some logic consider this PC: "Expires 2/28/05: Double credit on any car, any length rental: PC 947785". (I believe that this came with our new CP.) This one says right on the page that it can be used unlimited times. If you turn it in the first time, then what? Obviously you can't turn in an "unlimited use" coupon.

Although, I will say that it's a good idea to have a copy of the coupon handy, just in case.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ejmelton
Every time that I return a car they ask for the coupon. I always say that's it's an e-coupon, they look a little perplexed and everything works fine.
I've never been asked for a coupon over the span of quite a few rentals at many airports, including the very generous quadruple Rapid Rewards credit promotion. I wonder which of our experiences is the norm, and which is the exception.

Last edited by cAAl; Sep 19, 2004 at 12:35 pm Reason: Edited to note my experience may be different from some because I always use #1 Club Gold service and never visit the counter.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN,AA,UA
I've been asked for a coupon, , not at return but at the rental counter. I told them the PC code was used when making reseveration.

Last edited by iflyswa; Sep 18, 2004 at 7:37 pm
Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: WN RR,UA MP,AA
It is hard to get a reward ticket now. In the past, I don't need to fly a lot, nowadays, we need extra efforts from those little things to get a rr reward
Old Sep 20, 2004, 7:50 am

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
Generally not been asked for a coupon, but most of my Hertz rentals are of the #1 club, gold or whatever it's called - you either bypass the counter entirely or they have everything set to go and you show your ID. In the rare instances I have had a coupon that says you must surrender it, I've actually confused the return people by trying to give it to them - most of the time they don't know what to do with it.

Doesn't help with bonus credit offers, but I've found that if you fill out the comment card that comes with the rental packet and mark "request response" they'll throw in a coupon or two with the response letter.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 6:58 am

Dollar - 2x credit for minivan, convertible, sport utility, premium or luxury for 2+ days. Promo code is WNAWD

This one is good thru 2/28/05

Note: fine print says "coupon must be surrendered at time of rental" Not enough experience to know if Dollar actually enforces this. Mine came stuffed with a mailed flight itinerary last night - so best bet if you're interested is to specify the mail option the next time you book.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 8:30 pm
jmw

Hertz PC 952092 at SJC Airport resulted in Hertz forgetting to apply the $5/day. How come all of the Hertz billing errors in SJC are in their favor?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN,AA,UA
Originally Posted by jmw
Hertz PC 952092 at SJC Airport resulted in Hertz forgetting to apply the $5/day. How come all of the Hertz billing errors in SJC are in their favor?
That is why you should always make it clear at the rental counter, when the rental agreement is signed
Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:46 am

Talking Ok, "No coupon required"...well, sorta

Just used CDP 205418, PC 952361 for Hertz for the 3 day weekend in LAS, thru SWA's site ($15/day)...was only a few cents cheaper than Hertz's site. I'm a gold hertz member although honestly i never use hertz because they're almost always the most expensive (off topic, but the current deal with Dollar and NW can't be beat imho---triple miles by Dollar for a 2 day rental, and NW doubles that), but using it cause i need a quick credit on SWA. Anyway, before i made the reservation, I called the gold hertz desk and confirmed the above is valid for double SWA credit, no coupon required. However, after i booked it on SWA i read the fine print on my on-screen confirmation and it said coupon WAS required...i called gold hertz back and they verified coupon was NOT required, and they made that notation in my reservation so I wouldn't have a hassle. So if you're concerned, i suggest you do what i did...

PS...after 10 months of fighting with Office Max, I'm the proud owner of 21 United miles from my $4 purchase of AAA batteries in December of 2003. I needed it for my 5k United bonus which posted immediately this week after the 21 miles showed up. Talk about a hassle, but after dealing with dollar, budget and alamo (constantly) over missing mileage, I'm almost prepared for anything (but fighting for credits over Econ-O-Lodge is even too much for me to handle...with or without medication)
Old Sep 25, 2004, 1:34 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by iflyswa
That is why you should always make it clear at the rental counter, when the rental agreement is signed
I'm a Hertz Club Gold member, so I never stand in line or sign any agreements. It is much more hassle to fight over the particulars of a PC coupon in person than it is to do it online after the rental with Hertz's corportate office.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL MP, AAdvantage,WN RR
Originally Posted by jmw
I'm a Hertz Club Gold member, so I never stand in line or sign any agreements. It is much more hassle to fight over the particulars of a PC coupon in person than it is to do it online after the rental with Hertz's corportate office.
Well, I usally make several reservations and pick one most convienent for me(since often I don't know when I can get to the airport). And often I don't like the car, Hertz assign and want a change. In the case of free tank of gas, if you don't make it clear, you will be charged for empty tank. In the past, I was able to get the refund but only after several phone calls and took several months.

I probably didn't get your point on your first post saying"How come all of the Hertz billing errors in SJC are in their favor? "
Old Oct 4, 2004, 2:43 am

Anyone beside Hertz have double credit promo right now that does not require mid-size or larger? Hertz rates are kind of high, but I have a free day coupon that will knock it down to something reasonable. Only thing is I don't know if I can combine coupons on the same res. (Southwest double credit and Hertz free day). Anyone know?

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Oct 4, 2004 at 2:49 am
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:06 am

Nope you can't combine coupons or discounts. Each coupon or bonus will have its own unique Promotional Code and you can only use one PC # per reservation.

It would be nice though if you could get $5 off per day, triple RR credit, a free day, AND a free tank of gas for a single rental. I'd sell my car and rent a car everyday from Hertz if that was possible.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 12:29 pm

New double credti offers from the Fall Rapid Report:

Budget: 2x credit, any rental from 1-14 days. Intermediate and above CARS. 24-hour advance reservation, participating Southwest airport locations only. BCD # U072704. Book online @ southwest, budget or by phone. Good thru Dec 15.

Dollar: 2x credit, compact car or larger vehicle for three days or longer at participating locations. Promo code WN28. Book online or by phone. Good thru Dec 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.