Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Angry A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Checked-in for tomorrow's flights and got A57 & B7 and no A-List Preferred on my boarding passes. Checked future reservations (all 28) and saw "Add EarlyBird Check-In" buttons. Called the ALP line and was told there was a "glitch" and the technical staff was working the issue. All they could do for me was hack tomorrow's reservation so A-List Preferred would show-up on my boarding pass and allow me to board (maybe) earlier than B7 on one flight. Consider me
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kaller
Checked-in for tomorrow's flights and got A57 & B7 and no A-List Preferred on my boarding passes. Checked future reservations (all 28) and saw "Add EarlyBird Check-In" buttons. Called the ALP line and was told there was a "glitch" and the technical staff was working the issue. All they could do for me was hack tomorrow's reservation so A-List Preferred would show-up on my boarding pass and allow me to board (maybe) earlier than B7 on one flight. Consider me
No maybe about it. You can board right after A60. Doesn't fix your problem so more of an FYI.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by justhere
No maybe about it. You can board right after A60. Doesn't fix your problem so more of an FYI.
The crowd of A-List Preferred and A-List fliers will all be there with me! Not sure who was awarded A16 etc. EBCE? See if they'll comp the $40 sequence upgrade tomorrow.....
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:27 pm

Southwest's tagline should be "Glitch."

This is a known issue that started yesterday. It's unlikely it will be addressed until (at the earliest) Monday. Apparently they don't have IT staff working on the weekend.

A-Listers are allowed to board at the end of the A group, but without "A-List" printed on your boarding pass it's tricky. Reports are some Ops agents aren't allowing it unless you show your A-List card.

Gate agents are saying they have no way of comping Upgraded Boarding, but advising purchase and reaching out to Customer Relations after travel is complete to request a refund.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat.
As an A+ I got stuck with B59 and B34 on my legs tomorrow. I decided just to laugh it off. It's not the end of the world to board after A60. It's probably healthy to be reminded once in a while how good I've got it -- most of the time, anyway!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR LT Plat
Flying CUN-DEN tomorrow. Got B42 with A+ while CP wife got A29 with EBCI.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Flying PIT-BWI Sunday afternoon and got B53 as an A List preferred. Wife got B52 as an A lister. This is strange to me because I used points and she paid cash weeks later. Different tickets of course.

Flying BWI-BDL later Sunday night alone and I got B34.

No status showing on the BP's either.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Marko123
Flying PIT-BWI Sunday afternoon and got B53 as an A List preferred. Wife got B52 as an A lister. This is strange to me because I used points and she paid cash weeks later. Different tickets of course.

Flying BWI-BDL later Sunday night alone and I got B34.

No status showing on the BP's either.
Payment method means nothing, without status your positions were based on manual check in order.

If you have your A-List member cards, show them to board at end of A group.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ursine1
Payment method means nothing, without status your positions were based on manual check in order.

If you have your A-List member cards, show them to board at end of A group.
That's right, thanks. We don't have them with us on this trip. Sigh.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List
Mr. drooley, who is A-List, got B1 for his flight today, just because he was bored and happened to check in at close to T-24. As others have mentioned, the boarding pass does not have A-List printed on it.
It's kind of funny because I just told him very recently, he doesn't need to keep pulling out, or even carrying, his A-List card, it's printed on his BP. I'm glad he doesn't always listen to me.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Maybe print out proof of status from the website? Got to be a pretty well known problem at this point.

Sounds like another WN IT clusterF.

How they pass Sarbanes-Oxley certification annually amazes me.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kaller
The crowd of A-List Preferred and A-List fliers will all be there with me! Not sure who was awarded A16 etc. EBCE? See if they'll comp the $40 sequence upgrade tomorrow.....
You don't know that. Presumably A16 went to someone with A+. No reason to think it was someone who bought EBCI.

I get that it's frustrating that for whatever reason your status didn't show on this reservation. Most times A61 is still going to get you a window or aisle. Maybe a little further back but not the worst thing in the world.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by joshua362
Maybe print out proof of status from the website?
In the iPhone Southwest app under "My Account" it displays A-List status. I would think that would satisfy a questioning OA to board at A61.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:14 am

Same thing happened to me with my flight for tomorrow. Fortunately got A-55....
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:27 am

My whole A-List status disappeared from my account for a couple months, and I didn't figure it out till I was assigned a truly heinous boarding position when checking in as I arrived at the airport.

I was annoyed, but some kind soul let me board with the families, though I had exactly zero proof that I was 'supposed' to have A-List, because I earned mine through a challenge and wasn't anywhere near 25 paid flights. After that I carried my physical card with me and had no problems boarding at A-61, which was fine by me.

EDIT: I suppose it doesn't matter, but the reason I didn't have that fixed immediately was because I'd somehow been targeted for a 2x points / A-List challenge that would give me status until Dec 2018 instead, and I was pretty concerned that they'd boot me if I fixed it. I waited until I got an EXTREMELY helpful agent in customer relations for an unrelated issue, and explained that my priority was to maintain eligibility for the new promotion - she was able to get me sorted in something like four hours, and I'm still registered for the new promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.