Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by kaller
So, likely too early to tell, but curious if anyone has had their reservation changed by an agent from "hoi polloi" to A-List (or A-List Preferred) prior to the T-36 deadline and actually received the associated benefits (boarding position, points multiplier)?
I had my reservation from yesterday updated to include my A-List Preferred status, and did get the 'bonus' points. The boarding position was already determined, when I called so I can't answer that part.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by kaller
Oh my. I'm still clinging to a thread of disbelief. Their solution CAN NOT be having all of their most loyal and valued customers call to have their reservations manually updated. I don't fly again until Thursday night, so will give them another day to fix my 28 reservations without my intervention.

Maybe I'll change my screen name to In Denial.
What irritates me most is that all my reservations were fixed, and then they went and messed up some of them, after they were fixed.

I just wonder how the person in charge of IT at SWA keeps their job, let along the crappy programmers that they must employ.

It's well beyond being a joke.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:45 am

How can one tell if the A-List or A-List preferred is attached to a reservation?

I just canceled a reservation for later today but I checked in before cancelling. No A-List Preferred the boarding position was A-40, much higher than usual (usually in the teens or low 20s).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:47 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
How can one tell if the A-List or A-List preferred is attached to a reservation?

I just canceled a reservation for later today but I checked in before cancelling. No A-List Preferred the boarding position was A-40, much higher than usual (usually in the teens or low 20s).
Go into your reservations on the app or the website and try to add Early Bird. If it lets you, you status isn't attached. You also won't see the "A" beside your name on the Early Bird purchase page.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by david2son08
What irritates me most is that all my reservations were fixed, and then they went and messed up some of them, after they were fixed.

I just wonder how the person in charge of IT at SWA keeps their job, let along the crappy programmers that they must employ.

It's well beyond being a joke.
The last "person in charge of IT" moved on in the Spring & they promoted this bimbo into his position:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-strategy.html
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
So....called AP line 9:30AM CST (20 minutes on hold) to manually reinsert my AP status on my next few flights. They read the latest e-mail to me that, paraphrasing, "IT still working the issue." I'm curious to see if my AP status sticks on the reservations..
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Just an additional data point.. I purchased several one way tickets last night. Those new reservations do show my alist status. The older reservations do not.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Just an additional data point.. I purchased several one way tickets last night. Those new reservations do show my alist status. The older reservations do not.
Suggest checking them periodically. Both the A+ voice line folks & WN Twitter agents reported late last night that there is an IT batch job "sweep" that runs periodically & splits your status apart from future reservations. Both groups did admit they had no official guidance from "above" (imagine that) and were unable to say for sure how often this happens and/or how consistent it is.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:21 am

My few upcoming legs were fixed before I even knew about this thread - the agent and I thought it had to do with an unrelated issue we'd been working on. They appear to be remaining fixed. I'd be beyond livid if I'd had more future flights booked and had to do it all again. I'm with OP, I'm in disbelief that manual intervention is the solution they're currently presenting - and I especially can't believe that some people are finding that the fix didn't stick and might have to go through it all again.

EDIT: Might be pertinent: The issue I'd been dealing with was that my challenge-earned A-List status had somehow disappeared from my account entirely - it took a CR rep escalating and waiting for a review to get it put on my account. When she called back saying it had been approved and updated, she offered to do something (not really sure what, but it didn't generate an email to me) to my future tickets to make sure A-List was reflected on them. Whatever she did has stuck, it was Friday afternoon when she did it all.
steved5480 likes this.

Last edited by synergistic; Aug 14, 2017 at 9:27 am
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:39 am

So just a test I did, I tried just "change" the current flight I had at the same price, still allowed early bird check in after completion. So then I cancelled the entire booking and rebooked using travel funds and it held on to my A list, who knows if when they "sweep" again if it will drop off but I figured I would mess around with it. Hopefully they fix this, it is not acceptable just to board after A60. I guess this is one way to help people with EBCI getting a "good value".
steved5480 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by figment7
So just a test I did, I tried just "change" the current flight I had at the same price, still allowed early bird check in after completion. So then I cancelled the entire booking and rebooked using travel funds and it held on to my A list, who knows if when they "sweep" again if it will drop off but I figured I would mess around with it. Hopefully they fix this, it is not acceptable just to board after A60. I guess this is one way to help people with EBCI getting a "good value".
I really hope this wasn't done in purpose to improve the "value" of EBCI
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Juanefny
I really hope this wasn't done in purpose to improve the "value" of EBCI
Not possible. Surprised as I am that they're handling this so dreadfully, there is NO way that this is intentional. Because it's affecting all future reservations, it's disproportionately affecting their very best customers.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that they don't have interns already sorting by number or cost of future flights booked and manually working on the immediately upcoming reservations of those customers until a real fix is implemented. They have to know that this was unacceptable short term, and it shouldn't have been allowed to get to medium term.

Alternate procedures for this week have got to be possible - I don't know what's technically feasible but elite folks boarding after EBCI and T-24 flyers at A61 as though that was business as usual isn't going to work. This isn't just a tech breakdown.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:33 am

Just checked,

All of my upcoming reservation and all of my wifes appear to have dropped status - a total of 42 reservations. Although the login still shows A-List and the counter for renewing status is still correct.

Has anyone found a way to get this corrected other than calling and having the do it over the phone or canceling and re-booking all of the flights??
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:04 am

I just called and was told that not everyone's status was dropped. Can someone confirm that?

They added my status for myself and my wife to a few upcoming flights. I was told an automatic fix is in the works by the nice lady couldn't give me a time frame for when it will be deployed.

At this point all I can do is keep checking periodically.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by steved5480
The last "person in charge of IT" moved on in the Spring & they promoted this bimbo into his position:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-strategy.html
I much fear this position is cursed like the keyboardist position in the Grateful Dead...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.