Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by LegalTender
My guess is once RR#s were purged/deleted it was impossible to reinstate them en bloc. New bookings should be good. The one who programmed the account extraction needs a jolly good rogering.
They have the RR number on the reservation, so they should clearly be able to get the status, as that is obviously stored somewhere else, because it is viewable on other parts of their site.

It is clear that that just have a pretty weak IT staff.

The fact that this has gone on this long is pathetic. And, quite frankly the BS email and non-response responses regarding this make it worse
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by david2son08
Not only that but its clear they don't robustly test programming changes before moving into production which is contrary to so many established controls and protocols, again, I don't understand how they pass Sarbanes - Oxley certification annually.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:34 am

There are also ebci issues. I book all our flights and add ebci the day they go on sale. My wife is my companion this year so I booked my flight and ebci first then added her as a companion and ebci so I should board before her. Las to den she has A20 and I have A37. Den to Msp she had A18 and I have A30. No big deal as it's only a few spots apart but we pay for 2 Ebci so that we don't have to save seats and now we do unless she boards with me
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:30 pm

Very odd. EBCI should, in theory, be assigned in order of purchase. Did you happen to contact WN?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:41 pm

So, the issue has been "fixed."

No communication to A-Listers yet with details, so good luck with that.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ursine1
So, the issue has been "fixed."

No communication to A-Listers yet with details, so good luck with that.

"The fix will be complete for reservations starting tomorrow afternoon."

Hmmmm, hard to parse that message. Asked @SouthwestAir if this fix would apply retroactively to existing reservations and got, "Hopefully, so."

Last edited by kaller; Aug 15, 2017 at 1:35 pm Reason: Update
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
What a mediocre workaround. How hard would it be to start boarding with the pre-boards, and then ask ALP and A-list to take the 16-30 and 31-60 rows respectively (after BS of course). And then go to rest of 16-60 group. Instead penalize all of A-list folks because your IT failed.

Originally Posted by pvan
This morning MCI-DEN GA handled things extremely well. He announced that boarding procedures would be a little different this morning. He had A1-15 line up normally, then A-list Preferred in one single file line, and A-list in another single file line, and everyone else by their boarding pass position like normal. He boarded A1-15, AP, A, then A16 and on. I doubt that all gates are configured to allow this approach, but for my flight, I think the GA honored the intent for their best customers just great!
Oops, missed this. Good to see that (1) at least one GA got it right and (2) WN remains the only airline that empowers its employees to fix problems in a creative way.

Last edited by Boraxo; Aug 15, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:25 pm

I just checked my wife in for a flight tomorrow. A List Preferred, she got A-16. Looks like the manual intervention by Southwest stuck. We'll see if the "automatic fix" gets applied to all of my future flights.
kaller likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by david2son08
They have the RR number on the reservation, so they should clearly be able to get the status, as that is obviously stored somewhere else, because it is viewable on other parts of their site.

The fact that this has gone on this long is pathetic. And, quite frankly the BS email and non-response responses regarding this make it worse
It was a mess at LAX on Sunday evening. The gate agent was able to reprint my C1 boarding pass to show that I was A+, but then they boarded everybody (A+, A, families and "extra time") boarders altogether after A60. A listers were clearly angry. I was "upstaged" by somebody with "XT" written in pen on her boarding pass. Since when did "passengers needing a little extra time" NOT preboard with the handicapped?

Called the A+ number this morning and had all future flights fixed to show status. The kind agent said she had been working for Southwest for 24 years and had never seen this IT glitch before.

Got A40 out of Denver tomorrow. Hope the gate agents have adopted the BS, A+, A, then A16---- boarding sequence by now.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
Since when did "passengers needing a little extra time" NOT preboard with the handicapped?.

That's actually been policy for as long as I remember. Preboards = need a specific seat or need assistance.

Hope the gate agents have adopted the BS, A+, A, then A16---- boarding sequence by now.
Unfortunately, there's no evidence that this was ever communicated as an option. The official response is still to board after A group.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:01 pm

Angry Travel from Bos to Den this past Sunday

My wife (companion ) and I went to visit the grand kids in Boston last weekend Saturday we checked in for our flight home Sunday and discovered this issue going back to Denver. We checked in right on time as always (being Alist preferred) for a few years, it's habit. I got A49 but my companion got a better number A46 ? How could this be .... first I've never been more than A1- 5 and my wife as a companion most times gets Low B's. so I called in and got a stone wall "that can't happen " and then " no worries your in the A group so you can board with them " . So I asked for a supervisor, and after 5 minute wait this woman came on ready for a fight. When I explained my Companion level status she acted as if she could care less and all I got was 10 minutes of what they would not do for me. After I explained my wife got a lower boarding number she then admitted there was a glitch and there was nothing they could do. I asked her to put me in 1 to 15 and she said she had no authority to do that ? ( why?) She then told me they could do it for me at the gate if their was opening space so when I got to the gate I again explained the issues and the gate agent acted if nothing was wrong. I then showed her my boarding pass without A list perfered on it then she said there was an issue but she would need to charge me $40 to put me 1 - 15. It's just outrageous to me that southwest shows no care or concern for their best customers ! I was so out raged at Southwests lack of caring about this that today I cancelled my flight on them and book my flight on another airlines. I have 3 more upcoming flights already booked on Southwest but if they do not compensate their A listers I will cancel those as well.

Last edited by Fenwaybleacher; Aug 16, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List

Got A40 out of Denver tomorrow.
Did you check in at T-24 to get the A40 position?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: WN A-, CP
Just got this email from Southwest. 1,500 TQP is a nice gesture, and in the grand scheme of things it really was only an inconvenience, at least for me. Recognition of loyalty and a positive step towards building goodwill is nice to see.

During your recent travel with us you were unable to enjoy one of the perks of your tier status, priority check-in (automatic check-in 36 hours before your flight). This most likely led to you receiving a boarding position that was less typical than what you have come to expect as an A-List or A-List Preferred Member.

We consider you one of our top Customers, and if you were impacted at all by this issue, we fully recognize the frustration and the inconvenience it may have caused. As a tangible apology, we will be adding 1,500 Rapid RewardsŪ points to your account, which will also count towards your 2018 tier qualification (A-List or A-List Preferred) if you have not yet qualified. The points will post to your account within the next 48 hours.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Talk about a first world problem.

As you have seen if you looked at FT today WN has a computer glitch that dropped the flyers status from the BP and scrambled the boarding pass priorities. This stuff happens with all airlines, but then IT expenditures have never been high on the list of WN bean counter priorities.

Normally the ONLY way a pax gets A1-15 is to buy Business Select, to upgrade at the gate if not a BS pax or a last minute ticket change that pops you into an open boarding pass location. With the todays' computer issues, be glad that you didn't end up boarding at the end of the A group.
steved5480 likes this.

Last edited by Texas Booster; Aug 15, 2017 at 6:54 pm Reason: spelling
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR LT Plat
Originally Posted by cpatrick
Just got this email from Southwest. 1,500 TQP is a nice gesture, and in the grand scheme of things it really was only an inconvenience, at least for me. Recognition of loyalty and a positive step towards building goodwill is nice to see.
Did you have 1 flight for the 1,500? I got the email for 3,000 but I had 1 flight on Sunday and another on Monday messed up. Looks like they are doing 1,500 per fligh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.