Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:52 pm

Twitter DM (direct message) is staffed by Customer Relations, and in my opinion is the quickest and most responsive method of having an issue addressed. Sending a message via the website ("email") is the least likely to generate an actual solution.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ursine1
Twitter DM (direct message) is staffed by Customer Relations, and in my opinion is the quickest and most responsive method of having an issue addressed. Sending a message via the website ("email") is the least likely to generate an actual solution.
That said, a reasonable person might wonder why they responded with "they declined to do so"

Or is being blown-off via Twitter by Customer Relations considered "responsivene"?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:08 am

Yes, one does wonder.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:49 am

That is not my experience, especially for complex issues. Twitter responds quickly (when they respond) but I have always had emails answered eventually. Sometimes the first response is not on target but it is assigned a case number and followup emails are answered often with a follow up call. It is hard for twitter to follow up when the initial response is not on target.

Both have their place.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Coin Ops
Looks like they are starting to fix existing reservations. Upcoming trip in 2 weeks now shows A-List with no EB option. However, trip in December still shows EB option and no A-list.
As a follow-up, just checked my reservation and my December trip has been fixed and now shows A-list with no EB option.

Let's hope they stay fixed!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by Coin Ops
As a follow-up, just checked my reservation and my December trip has been fixed and now shows A-list with no EB option.

Let's hope they stay fixed!
yup! Looks like all the reservations have been fixed - all on their own
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:27 pm

The issues I have with customer service via the website is that the first reply is often a form text that is way off topic, and there is no way to reply to that. You have to begin the process from scratch again, using the form on the website. I've also had seemingly simple issues take weeks to receive a reply at all. And anything complicated gets turned over to a higher level rep, which takes additional time. The only positive I see is that you may get a phone call to discuss the issue with an actual person, empowered to fix issues

Twitter direct message (not just a Tweet) opens the dialog with staff from Customer Relations. While YMMV, I find that it's currently the best way to get an issue resolved, and quickly.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
The issues I have with customer service via the website is that the first reply is often a form text that is way off topic, and there is no way to reply to that. You have to begin the process from scratch again, using the form on the website. I've also had seemingly simple issues take weeks to receive a reply at all. And anything complicated gets turned over to a higher level rep, which takes additional time. The only positive I see is that you may get a phone call to discuss the issue with an actual person, empowered to fix issues

Twitter direct message (not just a Tweet) opens the dialog with staff from Customer Relations. While YMMV, I find that it's currently the best way to get an issue resolved, and quickly.
I must be very lucky. I can't comment on these options because I just have not had to contact the company with issues more than once or twice over the last couple of years.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
That is not my experience, especially for complex issues. Twitter responds quickly (when they respond) but I have always had emails answered eventually. Sometimes the first response is not on target but it is assigned a case number and followup emails are answered often with a follow up call. It is hard for twitter to follow up when the initial response is not on target.

Both have their place.
Video chat has upsides. Being recognized hypes resourcefulness.

Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
There are also ebci issues. I book all our flights and add ebci the day they go on sale. My wife is my companion this year so I booked my flight and ebci first then added her as a companion and ebci so I should board before her. Las to den she has A20 and I have A37. Den to Msp she had A18 and I have A30. No big deal as it's only a few spots apart but we pay for 2 Ebci so that we don't have to save seats and now we do unless she boards with me
Very odd. EBCI should, in theory, be assigned in order of purchase. Did you happen to contact WN?

I contacted WN and finally heard back today............basically tough luck and EBCI has no guarantees. We book all our flights the day they go on sale and add EBCI so this was definitely a WN issue. In the long run it's a good thing for us though, we are only buying one EBCI from now on and will check one of our carry ons so no overhead issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.