Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR LT Plat
Originally Posted by tbonebkd
Flying CUN-DEN tomorrow. Got B42 with A+ while CP wife got A29 with EBCI.
They were able to add status back so BP says A+ and told to board after A-60 which I was going to do. Based on others comments I checked my upcoming trips and all have link to add EBCI. This is going to be a pain to call and have them fix. Good thing I only have 6 currently booked. But 1 is tomorrow and and it's already less than T-36 so probably hosed on that one.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
Doesn't really matter what caused the glitch. Southwest screwed up and it is impacting their best customers.

It is frustrating to spend a lot of time and money doing business with a company and then when they can't deliver on what they promise (and they accept that the screw up is their fault) the response you get is - tough luck - you will probably get a window or aisle, not the end of the world.

It is even more insulting when they offer to SELL you a better boarding pass.

So Southwest - you are telling me that your IT system melted down and you can't deliver on a loyalty perk for your best customers, so instead of offering to comp those effected - you would rather try to milk me for an extra $30 bucks?

In the long run, I'd think that comping someone who flies your airline 50+ times a year a better boarding pass would make a lot more sense than trying to get an extra $30 out of someone who might fly your airline twice a year.

Yes - I do these Southwest melt downs to be quite frustrating.
This is frustrating...I called the reservation number today for my flight tomorrow and they told me that the fix for the glitch was progress. Never did they say when nor did they direct me to check my outstanding reservations. I am going to book another flight online now and then call in (and wait 35+ minutes) to see if my A-List Preferred status showed.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by kaller
Hopefully not..I've got 28 tickets queued-up.....

As I noted to customer service yesterday, in any crisis, especially one impacting your most loyal and valuable customers, a swift and overwhelming response is best. Not feeling that sort of Luv at the moment.
Ouch - 28 tickets.

Unless ash they come up with a way to automate the fix - I think you might have to have them al adjusted manually.

The reason I say that is because the agent who added my status to my flight for tomorrow - went out of her way to tell me that the fix will only fix that specific reservation - not any future reservations. Then she asked me if I had time to go through all of my future reservations to fix those.

I didn't ask about future reservations - she brought it up - which makes me think they know this is impacting all future reservations as well.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
A bit of update...

1. The Customer Service Agents and Operations Agents (I usually call them Gate Agents) in both San Diego and Phoenix were aware of the issue, empathetic, and took steps to ensure I was happy. By far, better treatment than I received from the A-List Preferred phone agents or the Rapid Rewards agent.

2. The Ops agent said that they have a fix in place and reservations for tomorrow (Monday) should be OK. Hope that's good info and I'm going to be really grumpy again if I need to be on the phone to update 28 tickets....they never seem to have access to my reservations without the confirmation number. Lastly, if I need to update by phone, you often lose the ability to manage that reservation on the web site and need to call again.

We'll see what comes this week. If my Thursday night fight doesn't look right (offering EBCI) by Tuesday evening (T-36 boarding position assignment would be 9AM Wednesday) I'll be on the phone again.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:42 pm

Jeeze, I'm on an eclipse flight next Monday, guess I should go ahead and buy EBCI as insurance to improve odds of a window?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR LT Plat
Originally Posted by tbonebkd
...But 1 is tomorrow and and it's already less than T-36 so probably hosed on that one.
Yep. Got hosed. B34.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:47 pm

FYI: Reservations for tomorrow (Monday) are still affected by the "glitch."
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ursine1
FYI: Reservations for tomorrow (Monday) are still affected by the "glitch."
Yep, just checked in and got hosed for the 2nd day in a row. There were 10 of us in AUS this AM boarding after A-60.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ursine1
The reason for the glitch doesn't matter. The point is that this is a system-wide issue, not a one-off situation.
I know that, that's why I said "whatever reason" however I had to explain myself because 760Devilfan felt the need to point out that it's not "whatever", it's a particular reason. Then they went on to post that it doesn't matter. Which is what I said in the first place.
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
Doesn't really matter what caused the glitch. Southwest screwed up and it is impacting their best customers.
Which is what I said. No pleasing some people.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
All of my future reservations are offering to sell me Early Bird even though I'm A List Preffered. There is no "A" by my name on any of them. Crap.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by justhere
I know that, that's why I said "whatever reason" however I had to explain myself because 760Devilfan felt the need to point out that it's not "whatever", it's a particular reason. Then they went on to post that it doesn't matter. Which is what I said in the first place. :rolleyes
​​​​​​
Definition of added value.

Apparently, agents are able to generate printed boarding passes with A-list on it so you're able to board at the end of the A's. Having the flight earn the A-List points bonus is another mire.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by harold
All of my future reservations are offering to sell me Early Bird even though I'm A List Preffered. There is no "A" by my name on any of them. Crap.
Same here. I have about a dozen future flights out there, it all looked "normal" last week sometime. The AP has vanished & the sale of EBCI is now "offered" on each reservation.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
The SWA IT department is, perhaps, the worst I have ever seen. It is beyond ridiculous for a company as large as SWA to have such an inept IT department that continually causes problems for all of its customers.

I had a B-42 boarding pass when I want to pull it down on Saturday for a flight on Sunday. Wondering what happened, I contacted SWA and was told of the SWA IT-created issue.

I was put on hold so that she could ensure that my A-List Preferred status would show on the boarding pass, so that I could board between the A and B groups.

I then asked about my numerous future reservations, and she said she'd check with the Help Desk, but that she believed they would have to be checked one-by-one.

Upon confirmation from the Help Desk that this was, indeed, the case, we proceeded to do that, which took me over 1 and 1/2 hours.

While I was pretty annoyed at this situation, I am now really pissed.

I just went to look at a reservation I have for Wednesday and it does NOT have my status on that reservation. Upon checking the other reservations, 16 of them that were 'fixed' on Saturday, are now without the status, again.

This is ridiculous. It was bad enough it happened once, but then after I took the time to get them all 'fixed', whatever the SWA IT staff is doing/did messed them up again.

Come on SWA, you can be better than this! Stop wasting your customer's time!
drooley and steved5480 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:07 am
Original Poster

So, likely too early to tell, but curious if anyone has had their reservation changed by an agent from "hoi polloi" to A-List (or A-List Preferred) prior to the T-36 deadline and actually received the associated benefits (boarding position, points multiplier)?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by david2son08
.......Upon confirmation from the Help Desk that this was, indeed, the case, we proceeded to do that, which took me over 1 and 1/2 hours.

While I was pretty annoyed at this situation, I am now really pissed.

I just went to look at a reservation I have for Wednesday and it does NOT have my status on that reservation. Upon checking the other reservations, 16 of them that were 'fixed' on Saturday, are now without the status, again......
Oh my. I'm still clinging to a thread of disbelief. Their solution CAN NOT be having all of their most loyal and valued customers call to have their reservations manually updated. I don't fly again until Thursday night, so will give them another day to fix my 28 reservations without my intervention.

Maybe I'll change my screen name to In Denial.
drooley likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.