Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Amil
doing a mileage run tmw. if the flights coming in are delayed will they throw me on the next return for free?
Good luck! I like to know that too...

I wasnt brave enough to do so many back to back.

which airports are you hitting tomorrow? LAX to OAK?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
i split it up into two days.

tmw is gonna be LAX - PHX (two times)

then Sept 20 doing three runs of LAX-LAS

Oakland was too expensive
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Amil

Oakland was too expensive
Interesting... that was the cheapest for me... $36... LGB to OAK Oct 29th. I noticed the price has gone up now.

I booked that early as a "back up" but it looks like I'll need to use it.
A friend of mine will do LGB - OAK, OAK - RNO, RNO - OAK, OAK - LGB for reasonable cost too.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:41 pm

Anyone know if booking a ticket on a travel fare will count as a revenue ticket and be counted towards earning the companion pass?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I don't know what a travel fare is but every flight paid for by cash counts as a segment or points towards a CP and AL/AL+
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
I don't know what a travel fare is but every flight paid for by cash counts as a segment or points towards a CP and AL/AL+

It's the credit that I got for canceling a flight and I used that to book a new flight. Southwest calls it travel fare.

The problem is. This is a business work trip so I'm forced to use the credit first instead of cash.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
They call then Ticketless Travel Funds. I have never in my life heard of a travel fare.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
They call then Ticketless Travel Funds. I have never in my life heard of a travel fare.
Sorry. Then I mis used the word. Still new to southwest. Then travel fund. Would booking flights using the travel funds count as revenue tickets? More importantly will they count towards the companion pass promotion?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Sorry. Then I mis used the word. Still new to southwest. Then travel fund. Would booking flights using the travel funds count as revenue tickets? More importantly will they count towards the companion pass promotion?
Yes and yes.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:20 am

Anyone know if I book a flight and check in on my phone but do not fly, will that count towards the promotion as a "completed" flight?
Thank you
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by imjnq
Anyone know if I book a flight and check in on my phone but do not fly, will that count towards the promotion as a "completed" flight?
Thank you
Absolutely not.

Points and credit not awarded until the itinerary is completely flown.

This is a great strategy (booking round trips that straddle 12/31) to push points into the new year when you don't need them for the current year.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:30 am

Hi again,
So if I book a flight, pay for it, check in on my phone, but do not actually get on the plane that does not count as a "completed" flight?
Thank you for time.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:38 am

Hi again,
So if I book a flight, pay for it, check in on my phone, but do not actually get on the plane that does not count as a "completed" flight?
Thank you for time.
Correct. If you no show on a WGA fare you also forfeit the money you paid. On an AT fare your fare would be refunded.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:06 pm

Hi again,
Thank you for time.
The gate agent scans your ticket just before you board the plane... if that doesnt happen you didnt complete the flight... obviously!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Hi again,
Thank you for time.
Paging "IMJNQ" - they would look for you, make a final boarding announcement, then give away your seat when you are deemed a "no show" + you will have the honor of losing the $ for that flight in addition to no points and no segment credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.