Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:03 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Oh! Has it been proven that if we book two one ways ie. LAX-LAS and then LAS-LAX thats less than 4 hours apart Southwest wont merged them together and make them as one trip with a layover?
No Southwest will not merge two reservations that you made separately and which have two different confirmation codes.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nsx
No Southwest will not merge two reservations that you made separately and which have two different confirmation codes.
I want to make sure my effort isn't wasted by trying to save a few hours at the airport. Seems like that blogger did it. But he hasn't confirmed whether he got his companion pass approved or not yet.

Given his publicity he would probably get the pass. But lowly us would have violated a 4 hour rule and be counted as a layover and not separate flights. ThatsThats what I'm concerned with.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I want to make sure my effort isn't wasted by trying to save a few hours at the airport. Seems like that blogger did it. But he hasn't confirmed whether he got his companion pass approved or not yet.

Given his publicity he would probably get the pass. But lowly us would have violated a 4 hour rule and be counted as a layover and not separate flights. ThatsThats what I'm concerned with.
Its never been an issue in the past when I've done it for double or triple credits way back. As long as you have 2 separate PNR's they don't know of each other.

If you build a connection using "add another flight" for the same day, it will merge and may or may not price differently.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
are the cheapest flights currently $59?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
are the cheapest flights currently $59?
No. Plenty of $36 and $39. Here's an example
Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:34 pm

thx!!! for some odd reason I thought it was only for in CA travel.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:48 pm

As long as you originate or arrive in a CA airport. Must touch a CA airport
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Thumbs up Companion Pass available next day after completing promo!

So I completed my 5th round trip yesterday (8/24) - this month I shifted some work related SFO-Socal flights from United to SWA just for this promotion.

Logged into my profile this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see a spot for entering my companion info already. Nice one Southwest! ^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:53 pm

Wow that's fast!!! Looking forward to it. I'm doing a lax to phx run Saturday!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by lainys
So I completed my 5th round trip yesterday (8/24) - this month I shifted some work related SFO-Socal flights from United to SWA just for this promotion.

Logged into my profile this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see a spot for entering my companion info already. Nice one Southwest! ^
Thanks for the data point. The T&Cs state that it may take up to 15 business days to get the companion pass so its good to hear they're giving them out much faster.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by soopra
Thanks for the data point. The T&Cs state that it may take up to 15 business days to get the companion pass so its good to hear they're giving them out much faster.
Still waiting for the official congratulatory email - i'm assuming they would send one out with instructions on how to use companion pass ... maybe that could take up to 15 days.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:26 am

First time poster here, been following this thread since I found out I was a part of the Promo, albeit, a bit later than initially released due to my SPAM filters. Anywho, I'm booked on the remaining 8 OW of my venture, is a 30min layover in Oakland feasible? 30 in LGB is no problem, but just curious about OAK.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by chadwickx16
First time poster here, been following this thread since I found out I was a part of the Promo, albeit, a bit later than initially released due to my SPAM filters. Anywho, I'm booked on the remaining 8 OW of my venture, is a 30min layover in Oakland feasible? 30 in LGB is no problem, but just curious about OAK.
Early in the day it should work. OAK causes few delays but flights later in the day could have picked up delay anywhere.

With no delays, 30 minutes is fine. You might end up in a middle seat, but who cares for a short flight.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:43 am

Smile

Originally Posted by nsx
Early in the day it should work. OAK causes few delays but flights later in the day could have picked up delay anywhere.

With no delays, 30 minutes is fine. You might end up in a middle seat, but who cares for a short flight.
Thank you! That's what I figured, 2 of my OAK flights have a 30 min layover, both before 12:30.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:03 pm

doing a mileage run tmw. if the flights coming in are delayed will they throw me on the next return for free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.