Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:18 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

FT'ers who have feared the imminent demise of the Companion Pass will now have to take a Cassandra Pass(TM).

One and only one of my family members just received this apparently narrowly targeted offer:
Hey California, earn Companion Pass Faster!

Register now, and then book and complete 5 roundtrip revenue flights (or 10 one-way revenue flights) from/to California between July 7 and October 31, 2016, and you'll earn Companion Pass through December 31, 2017.
Knock me over with a feather. After all these years this is Southwest's very first CP fast track offer. This demonstrates Southwest's belief that the CP is an effective marketing tool, the use of which they intend to expand, rather than curtail.

If your RR account has a California address, check your Promotions for this offer.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Yeah, I don't live in California anymore, but registered in California and got the email. Considering doing an MR when there's a sale this fall to complete it, I have to go to california at least 3 times crosscountry before then so it shouldn't be too much work
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:11 am

Checked for me, SO, and son, all have registered CA addresses and have taken 10+ WN flights this year, none of us targeted
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by nsx
After all these years this is Southwest's very first CP fast track offer.
Didn't they do one for ATL a little while back?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I think that was for A List or A List Preferred and not companion pass.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by figment7
I think that was for A List or A List Preferred and not companion pass.
It was definitely CP. Still, if you get targeted, this is an awesome opportunity. I'm guessing they're doing this to fight off AS's CA expansion.

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/02/awes...nta-residents/
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Yes: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...2-31-15-a.html
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Yeah, I think this has appeared in other markets occasionally, but perhaps not as large scale as this one.

Remember bookings made prior to 7/7/16 need to be redone to qualify. Yes, it is targeted. And boy, this does mean some trouble at SWA or maybe it is an addiction concept to get people hooked.

Rasheed
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I received this email offer as well, but I still haven't flown Southwest since the last time they targeted me for A-List (and I ended up canceling the June flight mentioned in that post when my plans changed). I think I *might* have 2-3 RTs in the last 2 years.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
No promotion for me in my WN easter basket.

I'm about 3-4 flights away from CP via B.I.S. in my case anyway so they probably figured what's the point adding me. I usually have CP nailed by the 3rd week of July anyway but I'm a tad behind. I'll bag it in Aug.

Humph. Rather have more bonus points any way.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Alaska
I am based off of SNA and am targeted for the offer. Quick question: I have a couple of Southwest flights coming up, that I booked last month. If i registered for the offer, do I need to rebook? The language is a little confusing:

From the main email body:
"Register now, and then book and complete 5 roundtrip revenue flights (or 10 one-way revenue flights) from/to California between July 7 and October 31, 2016, and you'll earn Companion Pass through December 31, 2017."

And the small print says:
"Only the Rapid Rewards® Member (XXXXX) who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. Member must register for this promotion between July 7, 2016 and October 31, 2016 and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Member must complete five qualifying roundtrip revenue flights (or ten one way revenue flights) originating from or returning to a qualifying Southwest served California airport between July 7, 2016 and October 31, 2016. Member must enter their Rapid Rewards number in their reservation for flights to count toward qualification..."

Any idea?

TIA
Ron

Last edited by ronbeck; Jul 7, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Knock me over with a feather. After all these years this is Southwest's very first CP fast track offer. This demonstrates Southwest's belief that the CP is an effective marketing tool, the use of which they intend to expand, rather than curtail.

If your RR account has a California address, check your Promotions for this offer.
They did a similar offer for Atlanta area residents in 2014 if I remember correctly.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:56 pm

Got the same offer out of DEN. I am a once or twice a year WN flyer.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by ronbeck
I am based off of SNA and am targeted for the offer. Quick question: I have a couple of Southwest flights coming up, that I booked last month. If i registered for the offer, do I need to rebook? The language is a little confusing:

From the main email body:
"Register now, and then book and complete 5 roundtrip revenue flights (or 10 one-way revenue flights) from/to California between July 7 and October 31, 2016, and you'll earn Companion Pass through December 31, 2017."

And the small print says:
"Only the Rapid Rewards® Member (XXXXX) who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. Member must register for this promotion between July 7, 2016 and October 31, 2016 and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Member must complete five qualifying roundtrip revenue flights (or ten one way revenue flights) originating from or returning to a qualifying Southwest served California airport between July 7, 2016 and October 31, 2016. Member must enter their Rapid Rewards number in their reservation for flights to count toward qualification..."

Any idea?

TIA
Ron
I believe refaring will work, but rebooking will assure it. Remember, no change or cancellation fees, so no harm in re-booking from scratch
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:06 pm
Original Member

I received this offer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.