Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:41 am

A+ and CP. Got it.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by dw
Is this true? I thought the Secure Flight data was not sent to the TSA until shortly before departure, in which case I always assumed the Trusted Traveler number was submitted at the same time?
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I used to be under tusphotog's impression...until, I realized my wife's TT # wasn't in her UA profile anymore mid-trip for her (i.e., she had taken the outbound but not the return of a single PNR trip). I added it to her profile after her outbound but before her return and, voila, she had the Pre-Check designation on her return flight. So, I believe dw is correct.
This could very well be. I was under the impression once the ticket is booked, the secure flight data is locked in and can't be changed by a passenger.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tusphotog
This could very well be. I was under the impression once the ticket is booked, the secure flight data is locked in and can't be changed by a passenger.
WN's IT is... shall we say, very different, from some of the other airlines, so I have no idea how this works on WN.

However, many other airlines (including, in my experience, AA and AS), allow you to add to your secure flight data on an individual PNR basis even after booking.... you can open up any upcoming itinerary and review what information is included in your secure flight data for that itinerary, including whether or not your Redress or Trusted Traveler # is in there, and make additions if necessary.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
I was unable to add my known traveler number to the reservation. The prices were the same so I canceled and rebooked but I imagine that I could have called to have them add it.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:55 am

Pre-Check is not Secure Flight so it could be possible to change some of the data.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by zgscl
I was unable to add my known traveler number to the reservation. The prices were the same so I canceled and rebooked but I imagine that I could have called to have them add it.
I did the same thing last night, but nowhere under the new reservation (neither in the confirmation email nor on the website) do I see my Known Traveler Number listed even though I entered it while booking, so I don't know if it made any difference than doing nothing.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: WN, A-List, Hertz 5-Star Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
I did the same thing last night, but nowhere under the new reservation (neither in the confirmation email nor on the website) do I see my Known Traveler Number listed even though I entered it while booking, so I don't know if it made any difference than doing nothing.
I just added it to my profile....so hopefully that will cover me on my next flight in December....
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by MongoLV
I just added it to my profile....so hopefully that will cover me on my next flight in December....
You won't see it on any emails--I don't see it on my AS or DL confirmations--but you should see a box when you book your reservation that says "Known Traveler." It's in the same area as your RR # and Redress #. If it's in there (theoretically) it'll be on your reservation.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:17 pm

You won't see it on any emails--I don't see it on my AS or DL confirmations--but you should see a box when you book your reservation that says "Known Traveler." It's in the same area as your RR # and Redress #. If it's in there (theoretically) it'll be on your reservation.
Right, I entered it there (well, really it auto entered after I had already put it in my account profile), there's just no way to look at a reservation after it's booked to know that it's on the reservation. I think we're just going to have to wait for reports on here to really know how WN is handling this.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM/360; AA EP
Sorry for the basic question, but which screen on the Profile does the Trusted Traveler info reside? I'm trying to add my GE/PASSID number but can't seem to find where I am supposed to enter it.

Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Pre-Check is not Secure Flight so it could be possible to change some of the data.
The Known Traveler Number for PreCheck uses the Secure Flight system for prescreening.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-precheck-faqs
Q. What do participants need to do?
A. Members of a CBP Trusted Traveler program are assigned a PASS ID, (Known Traveler number). To participate in TSA Pre✓™, these passengers must place their PASS ID, which can be found in their online GOES account, or on the back of their membership card in the top-left corner, in the ‘Known Traveler’ field while booking their reservation. Trusted Traveler program members should also remember to enter their full name, date of birth, and PASS ID exactly as it appears on their membership card. That number is then passed to TSA’s Secure Flight system and taken into consideration during the prescreening process.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by map724
Sorry for the basic question, but which screen on the Profile does the Trusted Traveler info reside? I'm trying to add my GE/PASSID number but can't seem to find where I am supposed to enter it.

Thanks!
1) Log-in to Southwest.com;
2) Click the "Contact Information" section under "My Preferences" under "My Account;"
3) Enter your Trusted (Known) Traveler/ PassID Number [Not your GOES ID #] into the "Known Traveler #" field.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by map724

Thanks!
And for those not invited, the Known Traveler Number can be input under My Account -> My Preferences -> Contact Information.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: SWA RR, UA Gold, AA Plat
I am A+ and CP. I got the PreCheck opt-in this afternoon after logging in. I have flights booked next week to AUS. I'll update as to my experience....
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM/360; AA EP
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.