Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I logged on to check to see if yesterday's flight was posted and got the invite. Yesterday was my last flight of the year. I'll see what happens in January.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
A+ and got it. I fly on Tuesday and if thread hasn't been updated I'll share my experience.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:04 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
A+ and didn't get it but put my GE number in my profile. Had a flight already booked for next week. Wonder if I need to call to have it added to that res?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Added the Trusted Traveler information (have GE). We'll see if this works (I have one flight the rest of the year, for Thanksgiving.)

Welcome to the party, WN - just (un)fashionably late.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
No one here received the invitation, but my wife and I added our GE to our profiles.

Our first test should come next week. BWI adds Precheck to terminal A on the 13th and we fly WN the next day.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:42 am

I tried to add my trusted traveler number to my profile but it won't update because it won't accept my address.

I called and added my number to my existing reservations but she said that her system didn't have a field to the trusted traveler number to the profile.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Just added GE number to my profile. Have a flight tomorrow out of HOU. Will see if it works.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:54 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tusphotog
If you have a GE/NEXUS number, you'll need to have WN reenter the secure flight data. Not sure how it works if you opt in.
Is this true? I thought the Secure Flight data was not sent to the TSA until shortly before departure, in which case I always assumed the Trusted Traveler number was submitted at the same time?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:23 am

I would guess some folks are jumping the gun when it comes to how quickly WN and TSA will have things such that WN passengers will actually be selected for pre-check. Perhaps a couple of weeks or so.

Also, just because you're opted into pre-check via your airline doesn't mean you'll get selected all the time or even half the time.

The best way to make sure you are selected is to join GE/NEXUS and the new Pre-check program via application the TSA is supposedly rolling out this fall. Unfortunately, the TSA is not accepting applications yet and it requires a visit to an application center - and the only two announced to be up and running when the program launches is IAD and IND.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
A+, CP, and 64 flights YTD. Got the same blue box to opt in as I logged into SWAbiz. I hadn't planned on logging in but did so based on these FT posts this morning so thank you folks. I'm not sure what good it will do with no PreCheck at SJC or BUR that I am aware of. Maybe I should double down and finally get GE going.

Last edited by Wingrider; Nov 8, 2013 at 11:45 am
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred and Companion Pass holder, AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
A+ but no box yet, might be because my home airport is MDW and I don't think they are up and running yet?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
A+ and I got it. I also have it with UA so I'm covered whatever the distance. Except BUR.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
A+ and CP here and no WN pop ups or invite for Pre Check.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by dw
Originally Posted by tusphotog
If you have a GE/NEXUS number, you'll need to have WN reenter the secure flight data. Not sure how it works if you opt in.
Is this true? I thought the Secure Flight data was not sent to the TSA until shortly before departure, in which case I always assumed the Trusted Traveler number was submitted at the same time?
I used to be under tusphotog's impression...until, I realized my wife's TT # wasn't in her UA profile anymore mid-trip for her (i.e., she had taken the outbound but not the return of a single PNR trip). I added it to her profile after her outbound but before her return and, voila, she had the Pre-Check designation on her return flight. So, I believe dw is correct.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I just called customer service and was told it starts November 13.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.