Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by expert7700
Today in the LAS C-terminal, Pre-check was not yet active (TSA said "supposed" to be tomorrow).

However, EVERY tsa id-check podium was using new scanners to read the barcodes. They were scanning everyone's boarding pass, which logged the data into a database, and displayed "bp integrity OK, valid", followed by my full name.

Gotta hand it to the government They are (almost) to where they should have been 10 years ago.
It has been available at C. I use precheck all the time at C when flying Delta from LAS. Southwest doesn't use the C or D gates at LAS.

For people that fly DTW on WN, they now have Precheck at the North terminal. I flew AA last week and was happy to see it there. I was under the impression at DTW it wasn't coming to the North Terminal.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:52 am

At STL now. Pre-check signs are at the auxiliary checkpoint at the far left when you enter the terminal. TSA says that it is in testing mode now and it will go live tomorrow (11/14).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:52 am

Is the priority lane in MDW that is next to precheck also metal detector, or is it a body scanner lane?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:49 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I just received a personalized email invitation: "You have been identified as eligible to participate in TSA PreCheck. Simply opt in to be considered for expedited screening. Please note you will first be required to log in to your Rapid Rewards® account."
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:03 am

Mine came as well today

I did revceive a similar box last week when I checked in for my flight. You can check your profile and it will tell you if you have opted in for the Precheck
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
It has been available at C. I use precheck all the time at C when flying Delta from LAS. Southwest doesn't use the C or D gates at LAS.
Perhaps I'm confused... unless something has changed since Sunday, Southwest uses *ALL* of the C Gates at LAS (and a chunk of the B gates as well).

I'm thinking this reference is to the D & (older) C checkpoint that is "upstairs" on what is essentially the mezzanine above the south end of baggage claim. Access from the ticket counters is up the escalators that are more-or-less in the center of the ticket counter/check-in area, then a long walk to the east (you're actually crossing the road below) followed by a right-turn and a long walk to the south (the baggage claim area is below and on your left at this point).

Somebody somewhere in another thread had commented that the TSA clerks often have the chain/gates closed-off and have to manually allow people thru to access the C gates after clearing this Checkpoint.

Access to the other/newer Checkpoint for the C (and A/B) gates is way down at the far south end of the Southwest ticket counters (to your left as you face the counters) and up a shorter escalator. This is where the elite line/employee line is on the left (essentially at the top of the escalators) and I noticed the clerks had their fancy new podium-attached scanners (although not in-use Sunday).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:56 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
More details now available on WN website

http://www.southwest.com/html/custom...aprecheck.html

Two important things to note:

1. "TSA PRE" WILL be printed on the upper lefthand side of the BP if one is eligible for PreCheck that day

2. Southwest says, "Note: Only reservations booked after opting-in are eligible for TSA PreCheck."
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:01 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by dw
2. Southwest says, "Note: Only reservations booked after opting-in are eligible for TSA PreCheck."
Ouch. I hope that's not 100% correct. I would expect that the number could be added by phoning Southwest.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:08 am
dw

Originally Posted by nsx
Ouch. I hope that's not 100% correct. I would expect that the number could be added by phoning Southwest.
I hope so too; it certainly has not been the case with other airlines. (Of course, we are all familiar with the limitations of WN's IT!) Hopefully people will be able to come back and report this week on whether they got it on existing reservations.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by steved5480
Perhaps I'm confused... unless something has changed since Sunday, Southwest uses *ALL* of the C Gates at LAS (and a chunk of the B gates as well).

I'm thinking this reference is to the D & (older) C checkpoint that is "upstairs" on what is essentially the mezzanine above the south end of baggage claim. Access from the ticket counters is up the escalators that are more-or-less in the center of the ticket counter/check-in area, then a long walk to the east (you're actually crossing the road below) followed by a right-turn and a long walk to the south (the baggage claim area is below and on your left at this point).

Somebody somewhere in another thread had commented that the TSA clerks often have the chain/gates closed-off and have to manually allow people thru to access the C gates after clearing this Checkpoint.

Access to the other/newer Checkpoint for the C (and A/B) gates is way down at the far south end of the Southwest ticket counters (to your left as you face the counters) and up a shorter escalator. This is where the elite line/employee line is on the left (essentially at the top of the escalators) and I noticed the clerks had their fancy new podium-attached scanners (although not in-use Sunday).
You're correct -- WN uses all of the C gates at LAS.

The checkpoint above baggage claim does have a pre-check entrance -- it's not always open and it's technically only for the D gates. If you wanted to go to the C gates after passing through pre-check, you'd have to go all the way through security and then before you hop on the tram, you'd have to get one of the TSA agents to allow you to open the locked door that divides the tram to the D gates from the tram to the C gates. Not sure why they have the division, but they do.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
I looked at the list of participating airports and gosh darn it Boston isn't on there. It's probably because WN is the only domestic airline (besides Suncountry) in the int'l terminal. Probably going to be a long time before we see pre-check at Term E at BOS.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nsx
I just called and had the rep. take out my rr# and put it back in. She said 1) it's not guaranteed to help and 2) it takes 3 to 4 weeks for tsa to "approve" you
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:27 pm
dw

Originally Posted by ramalama8
I looked at the list of participating airports and gosh darn it Boston isn't on there.
Sadly, neither are Newark or Laguardia But I believe WN shares terminals at both of those with other non-TSA Precheck particpating airlines (B6 at EWR and B6 and Frontier at LGA).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
I also added my GE KT# to my profile. Hoping that even if Southwest's Opt-In doesn't pick me up for TSA Pre in time, the KT# will function as it does on any other carrier. If anyone else tries using a KT# on a previously booked reservation, please report back and let us know if you received the Pre designation on your boarding pass.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I just did OLCI for my flight tomorrow and there is no PreCheck logo on the BP. I decoded the barcode and it looks identical to one from a few months ago, so who knows. We'll see what happens...

Hey wait a second. I consider myself to be pretty tech-savvy. How are you decoding the barcode on these?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.