Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
If you hack a referral link and the airline or bank decides to penalize you severely, don't be surprised. You will find no sympathy here.

I deleted my posts but I'm not sure I would call changing the link to match the referral link I received 2 weeks ago "hacking".

SW was sending out 75K links via referrals, anybody who saved that link has the info and can copy and paste it so therefore you are not "hacking" but rather using a link you saved.

If Chase wants to prevent the 75K referral offers going forward I might suggest ( as a Cisco IT Security Expert) that they change more than 2 ( inside slashes no less) numbers in the URL

A simple glance at the referral thread shows multiple 75K referrals all using the old URL, if Chase/Sw crack down I would guess those people ( possible getting several referral bonuses )should really worry.

You have a post offering the 75k referral.............................

EDIT, the links I saw posted ( and noticed the URL discrepancy) are all on DOCS site, seems FT asks you to message the person for a link.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 5, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
If Chase wants to prevent the 75K referral offers going forward I might suggest ( as a Cisco IT Security Expert) that they change more than 2 ( inside slashes no less) numbers in the URL.
How about blocking the URL altogether and returning a 404
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
How about blocking the URL altogether and returning a 404

404 is an old HTTP error code, these are secure

Https requires filtering and all the referral links start with https://www.referyourchasecard.com

URL filtering presents some challenges when blocking a specific HTTPS site and, at the same time, allowing everything else under that site
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by huge
Possibly (mildly) interesting DP, hopefully will be good news...

Applied for Biz Premier Feb 2 (canceled same card 2.5 months ago, got bonus Jan 2018, already have Biz Performance)

Just checked automated status line (888-338-2586) and got "we'll let you know in 30 days"
Then called automated business status checker (888-269-8690) and got "we'll let you know in approximately two weeks"

It's my understanding that the second message is usually positive - is that still generally true?

Funny that the two different phone numbers give different messages/timeframes...
(Applied Feb 2 for "business" Premier card) Reported approved on the automated status line this morning (and I can see the card in my business online account). Pressed 0 to speak to an agent, requested that my card (and AU card) be expedited, and asked to confirm my SUB spending deadline - she said May 6, so 90 days not 115 (doesn't matter to me since I'll be spending up a storm to accelerate the CP).
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:10 am

Applied to wrong referral

I was helping my mother get started in travel hacking and knowing that she likes to travel on Southwest and that I the companion pass is such a good value we decided to start with that. I saw the 75K offer on the official site but thought I could snag some extra points with a referral. I just use the referral site to send her a link but as already mentioned the referral link only offers a 40K bonus. I didn't realize this until she applied for it. So now is there anything we can do to get the higher bonus. I think I read before about being able to call Chase to make these kinds of changes. What number should we call and what exactly should we say to make it happen?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:53 am

For several years, we maintained two CPs. With the 24 month rule and the only-one-personal-card rule, that changed. But now, thanks to some early year work travel and strategic use of Rocketmiles, we should be able to get two CPs again. Problem is we both have existing SW cards. We can close them and pay off balances today. We haven't gotten a bonus in 24 months and are under 5/24.

But what's the official line or recent experiences on time between closing an existing SW card and reapplying for a new one? Today, tomorrow, 30 days?

Also, can we double up and refer each other for bonus points and also each get the signup bonus?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Closed account on 2/11. Applied for new SW Priority card on 2/18. Approved and confirmed bonus would apply once minimum spend was met. So just 7 days...

Last edited by mylegs; Feb 19, 2020 at 8:20 am Reason: UPDATE
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:04 pm

Self-Referral Business Card to Personal Card?

All -
Tried searching but couldn't find anything, sorry if I missed it.
As the title says: can I send a referral from my Business card account to open a personal card? (Don't currently have a personal)
Any downside to this?

Thanks,
Steve
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by superdav42
I was helping my mother get started in travel hacking and knowing that she likes to travel on Southwest and that I the companion pass is such a good value we decided to start with that. I saw the 75K offer on the official site but thought I could snag some extra points with a referral. I just use the referral site to send her a link but as already mentioned the referral link only offers a 40K bonus. I didn't realize this until she applied for it. So now is there anything we can do to get the higher bonus. I think I read before about being able to call Chase to make these kinds of changes. What number should we call and what exactly should we say to make it happen?
The usual way to do offer matches is via secure message. However, a friend of mine accidentally did the same thing and Chase wouldn’t give them the higher offer. Worth a try anyway though.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by stevep6
All -
Tried searching but couldn't find anything, sorry if I missed it.
As the title says: can I send a referral from my Business card account to open a personal card? (Don't currently have a personal)
Any downside to this?

Thanks,
Steve
Unfortunately Chase recently changed the terms and conditions to make self-referrals ineligible for the referral bonus, reported on the churning subreddit a couple weeks ago. Messed up my companion pass plans as well. T&C on the Chase "SWA family" refer-a-friend site now read "Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.” You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card."
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:53 am

I forgot to close my husband's old personal card before applying for this new personal offer (different cards). So they denied the app based on the fact that he already had a "similar" personal card. I just closed it (because we were going to anyway). Is there a way to get them to now approve this app without calling? Not sure if there's a way through our chase account in secure message, even though it was denied. Any other ideas? Should I have him apply again? Looks like the offer is only available for referral links now?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkehGuy
ADVICE PLEASE: I applied for the SW Business Premier card on 1/15 (under 5/24, 750+ fico) I already have the SW Business Performance card. Long story short I never got an official response from my application. I received a 7-10 day message on the automated line, but never received anything in the mail. Oddly, the CL on my SWBP bumped up without my knowledge. I'm assuming they basically approved me for more credit but didn't give me the card I applied for. Now that it's been 30 days, should I apply again? the 60K bonus will earn CP.
I applied for this card back in December. A couple weeks later they mailed me a letter with a list of info needed to prove I have a business. Sales tax exemption form, proof of address, proof of bank statement, etc. Had it all FAXed in from a Chase branch and they told me they never received it. Right.

Maybe you missed a physical letter.

This, even though I have had business CCs with Chase since the Ink Plus and Bold came out. Years.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:20 pm

Completely forgot to mention that I DID receive the letter asking for additional business information which I also provided through the Chase branch. (I have an actual business with a DBA filed with the county as a sole-prop using my ssn. this is the same entity through which I already have one chase business card). I wonder if they would tell me they didn't receive it as well!
Old Feb 19, 2020, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkehGuy
Completely forgot to mention that I DID receive the letter asking for additional business information which I also provided through the Chase branch. (I have an actual business with a DBA filed with the county as a sole-prop using my ssn. this is the same entity through which I already have one chase business card). I wonder if they would tell me they didn't receive it as well!
I have had a business in IL since 1994 and before that in MD. Totally legit, sole proprietor, Schedule C every year, etc. 2 Ink Plus cards on which I spent thousands a month.

I think they just denied me and lied about it, rather than "losing" the info.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I have had a business in IL since 1994 and before that in MD. Totally legit, sole proprietor, Schedule C every year, etc. 2 Ink Plus cards on which I spent thousands a month.

I think they just denied me and lied about it, rather than "losing" the info.
Interesting update to this: I called the app status line and when entering my ssn the system would just kick me out to the main menu so I kept mashing # and 0 until I was finally routed to someone to whom I explained how I had applied for the card, had sent the verification information, and never got a response. the agent then routed me to the VERIFICATIONS team, who told me they never got the info (even though I took it in to a chase branch). I then informed them that my business had already been issued a card through Chase, and then the agent said he would check on that and put me on hold. When the agent returned, he said he was able to pull up my accounts and was able to verify the ownership of the business, etc. He then immediately stated that my application was now approved with a credit limit of x, and that I should expect to receive both the acceptance letter and the card within a week.

Haven't seen the new account show up online yet which usually happens before they ship the card, so now I'm holding my breath to see if what the agent told me was correct.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:17 am

Bonus Tracker

Does anyone see a bonus tracker for the second/35K after $5,000 in six months bonus?

I applied for the 75K points offer, spent $1,000, received the first 40K bonus — and am now working toward the final 35K bonus, but don’t see a tracker...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.