Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
I'm considering getting the 50K Premiere card and the 40K Plus card. If I pull the trigger and then the Plus is bumped up to 50K shortly thereafter...can I get the additional 10K credited to me?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Smile Probably

Originally Posted by cmlsu
I'm considering getting the 50K Premiere card and the 40K Plus card. If I pull the trigger and then the Plus is bumped up to 50K shortly thereafter...can I get the additional 10K credited to me?
Most likely. There have been many, many examples in the past of Chase providing courtesy adjustments if the change is within a short period of time. If the 40k offer comes with any additional bonus such as a statement credit then it becomes cloudier. If it's a straight 40k vs. 50k and the increased offer shows up shortly after you apply and you're timely in requesting the adjustment, you'll most likely get it.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Could someone let me know how one gets Chase referrals to give out? Online in your account? Snail mail flyer? Etc?

Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:51 pm

Could someone let me know how one gets Chase referrals to give out? Online in your ac

Sure,
It happens both by snail mail and by email from Chase.

Last edited by ftnoob; Jan 26, 2016 at 3:22 pm Reason: Thread cleanup
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:22 am

About to call in and do the Plus Card 50k Offer...

Not going to post who provided their info that I will be using, but can anyone confirm that the phone number is legit? I want to make sure I'm not calling into some fraudulent number that steals identities.

1-888-691-2301

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:14 pm

Maybe I"m being overly cautious, but I called Chase's main line and asked about the number and they said it was one number off of the refer a friend line they had... Gave me new number.

Called back again and the woman gave me a completely different number, but she asked me if I had the referral email in front of me, so I"m assuming someone can send it over?

Last edited by Swens6; Dec 20, 2015 at 3:22 pm
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:57 pm

1-888-691-2301 Legit or not Legit. That is the Question

I am a bit sketched out about the phone number too.

Don't know how to confirm it is legit.

Originally Posted by Swens6
About to call in and do the Plus Card 50k Offer...

Not going to post who provided their info that I will be using, but can anyone confirm that the phone number is legit? I want to make sure I'm not calling into some fraudulent number that steals identities.

1-888-691-2301

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by kim514
I am a bit sketched out about the phone number too.

Don't know how to confirm it is legit.
I called Chase and told them my friend gave me a number for a referral, but I wanted to make sure that the number was good before I went and gave my into... He asked for the number, I told him, and he replied the number is actually XXXXXXXX. It was a single digit different from what was provided.

I then hung up and called again, got a different operator, and she said that the refer a friend number she had was XXXXXXX, which was completely different.

She said that they change the number month to month, so the one I had may have been true, but she couldn't confirm it.

Update: The 691 number is legit... verified by Chase reps and routed to directly through them.

The other number a chase Rep gave me was the expired number, but still showing up on their screens for some reason. She was able to locate the new number, which is the 691

Last edited by Swens6; Dec 20, 2015 at 2:18 pm
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:10 pm

I can see two links for 50,000 online-

one for business premier and one for personal premier.

Then I see a lot of folks chasing 40,000 referral links

Any reason people are steering clear of applying for personal & business cards - has the difficulty increased recently?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:36 am

Question about timing for card apps?:
Applied for the Premier Business on Dec 9th & approved 2 days later (Dec 11th)

I'm thinking of waiting until Jan 12 to apply for Personal Plus just to stay out of the "2 apps in 30 days" window. Anyone else have any recent experience with this? FYI I also have an Ink Plus but that was back in June.

Also FYI on waiting for application review decisions: if you already have a Chase account I suggest checking online daily for a while before calling recon. I saw the new account appear there several days prior to receiving any other communication that the account had been approved.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by frequentlyfrequenting
I can see two links for 50,000 online-

one for business premier and one for personal premier.

Then I see a lot of folks chasing 40,000 referral links

Any reason people are steering clear of applying for personal & business cards - has the difficulty increased recently?
====================

Recently (in the last few days) I show that the Personal Premier links have dropped from 50,000 bonus to 25,000 bonus.

But the 50,000 Personal Premier Bonus is still available through the SWA Referral program. In that case, the referrer gets 5,000 bonus miles, and the person who signs up for the new card gets the full 50,000 bonus for the new Personal Premier application. My paperwork shows the Premier 50,000 bonus for the individual card application must be made through the special 1-800-407-xxxx SWA Chase phone number on the referral cards (and not an online application).

I agree with your general notion that if you have a person who can refer you for the Personal Premier, and if you are getting a Premier business, you should be able to get the 50,000+50,000 in early 2016.

In answer to your inquiry, I think some people are chasing those links because they already have one of the cards (if you already have an individual premier, you need to chase an individual 'plus' link)

Good luck to all. This is working well for me. My (second) companion pass is set to hit in early 2016.

SWA is the best airline (especially for where I live).
-John
[email protected]
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by rexparte
Retention data point:

Called today to cancel both Plus and Premier cards (the AF hit a couple of weeks ago). No retention offers. The rep even threatened that if I close the Premier, the 6k annual bonus points would go away. I doubt they can claw it back at this point, but interesting to note the extent to which they aren't giving retention offers.
FYI, a month ago I called to cancel my SWA Plus (individual) card and was offered 6,000 extra bonus points as retention incentive to stay -- this would be in addition to the 3,000 anniversary points that would normally post.

Just an FYI for you.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by JFalcNY
====================

My paperwork shows the Premier 50,000 bonus for the individual card application must be made through the special 1-800-407-xxxx SWA Chase phone number on the referral cards (and not an online application).
While many people can only do referrals via a phone call, Chase provided me (and presumably others) with a custom, secure online link for referring others to the Personal Premier card with a 50k point signup bonus.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by meecal
While many people can only do referrals via a phone call, Chase provided me (and presumably others) with a custom, secure online link for referring others to the Personal Premier card with a 50k point signup bonus.
How does one obtain these referrals to share? Is it a targeted offer, or can any account member create referrals by, say, navigating to the correct page in the online system?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
How does one obtain these referrals to share? Is it a targeted offer, or can any account member create referrals by, say, navigating to the correct page in the online system?
For Chase in general they do send email messages asking you to refer people, but you can also try www.chasereferafriend.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.