Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drink coupon changes August 1, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:13 pm

Because, now, that unopened bottle can be stashed in a bag and taken off the a/c. Just like you can't take your cocktail out of a restaurant, you can't take it off the a/c either.

Originally Posted by ursine1
Assuming Southwest is operating under the laws of Texas as you suggest, I see nothing in the TABC Alcoholic Beverage Code that prohibits serving miniature bottles with the cap still on.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/cod.../AllTitles.pdf

Last edited by DontCallMeShirley; Sep 29, 2011 at 12:18 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
In most bars, I think that the bartender will refuse to give you a beer bottle with the cap on. Seems to be a similar situation.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:31 pm

Were threads merged? I can't seem to follow the conversation anymore.

To reiterate: It's corporate policy, based on interpretations of the governing laws. For example, in places like Las Vegas and New Orleans, the law allows me to take my cocktail out of the bar or restaurant, but some places may stop me from doing so by stating that it's against their policy.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
For the record, this expiring drink coupon policy on OLD COUPONS WITH NO Expiration Date is a load of total BS (and I don't mean Biz-Select.)

Forgot that this was happening, found one in an old bag and tried to redeem it. The FA took it, looked at it and said "These are expired, we can't take those anymore."
I said "What? It has no expiration date. What are you talking about?"
He told me the new policy and I asked for it back (thinking about writing a letter to WN with it. He then told me they were supposed to throw them away and tossed it in the trash.

With a look of complete shock and confusion at such an absurd policy, I proceeded to ask more questions about this, chit-chat about how the new program was the worst idea until Netflix announced Qwickster, etc.
I was nice to him - expressing my frustration at the company - he seemed to find it just as annoying, as does anyone I talk to at WN about RR2.0

He finally just gave me the drink I had wanted. At least the FA's have some common sense still even if the corporate policy is a total rip-off to longtime fliers. I had a real, genuine coupon - not a copied biz-select one - why go through so much trouble WN?

Last edited by fotoflyer88; Oct 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm Reason: typos
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Welcome to the world of accountants running an airline.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
On my flight today from OAK to PDX, FA accepted the tan coupon from my seatmate for a Corona.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
At little OT, but I have two more free flights left with WN. I will use the coupons with the expiration date on my November DTW/LAX flight, but when I use my final free flight, the coupons I have left over will have expired (I am just going to give the unused ones out on my flight home).

I have a WN gift card with some funds on it. Does anyone know if WN will accept the gift card onbioard for drinks on my final flight with them? I would think they would, but I would also think they would allow it to be used for EBCI, and you can't use it for that.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Read prints on the old tan coupons

A while back before i threw it out, I found a couple of old tan coupon without an expiration date on it. I actually read the print one side. It reads something like "Southwest Airlines reserves the rights to discontinue it drink coupon programs at anytime"

I guess by switching drink coupons, tan with no expiration date from old RR program to, new coupons with expiration on the new RR program, SWA has every rights because i guess they considered that a new RR program.

If someone actually sues SWA over the "New" RR program drink coupon, i wish them luck. Not that i agree with the new policy of excepting the coupons with expiration only.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Heard a completely unsubstantiated rumor from an FA last week on my SJC-SNA flight. Another customer asked about using an old coupon (beige, not BS). He was refused but was told to hang onto it because they are working on a program to trade them in. Of course we know that such statements from FAs are usually totally wrong, but who knows... One can hope.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:26 pm

Sister just e-mailed me (she finally got a WiFi flight) and said the guy behind her is livid they will not accept his drink coupons so he is going to call WN to complain.

I can only assume the guy has not flown in quite a while or he has been lucky as having his old coupons accepted. I assume they are the tan ones.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Heard a completely unsubstantiated rumor from an FA last week on my SJC-SNA flight. Another customer asked about using an old coupon (beige, not BS). He was refused but was told to hang onto it because they are working on a program to trade them in. Of course we know that such statements from FAs are usually totally wrong, but who knows... One can hope.
Oh yeah, that will make me real happy. After all of the work I did over the last year to give away, lose, and otherwise squander my beige coupons. I was working my pile down, when I lost the whole bundle and had none. A couple of nice folks had some to get rid of and I became a lucky recipient.

Now a BS coupon trade in program sounds like a good idea.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails

Now a BS coupon trade in program sounds like a good idea.
^
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by OzzyOzzie
Sister just e-mailed me (she finally got a WiFi flight) and said the guy behind her is livid they will not accept his drink coupons so he is going to call WN to complain.

I can only assume the guy has not flown in quite a while or he has been lucky as having his old coupons accepted. I assume they are the tan ones.
He is going to be more pissed when he loses his complaint to SWA when someone points out to him on the old coupon that reads "Southwest reserves the rights to DISCONTINUE IT'S DRINK COUPON PROGRAM AT ANY TIME".

Why don't people read the fine print, which isn't fine at all? Sheeesh.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by SDCA
He is going to be more pissed when he loses his complaint to SWA when someone points out to him on the old coupon that reads "Southwest reserves the rights to DISCONTINUE IT'S DRINK COUPON PROGRAM AT ANY TIME".

Why don't people read the fine print, which isn't fine at all? Sheeesh.
Southwest didn't discontinue it's drink coupon program.

He'll be pleased when his complaint is answered with a set of new coupons.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:47 pm
cxn

I am still ticked that they took away Monsters. Was told by a FA that the reason they did is because of all the FA drinking the monster drinks and not because the customers kept using them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.