Best Restaurants in Orlando..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Restaurants in Orlando..

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
[QUOTE=Mary2e;13972707]
Sorry, but Le Cellier is NOT considered one of the best restaurants in Orlando. It's the only steak place in Disneyworld that's in a park and on the 1 credit part of the dining plan, hence, that's why it's so hard to get a reservation. The food has also gone downhill since it became the darling of the dining-plan set

The food is decent, but certainly not "best" by any stretch of the imagination.

now this one totally confuses me. The general consensus of frequent visitors is that you don't go to the castle for the food - you go for the ambiance. The last I ate there, the food was mediocre at best.

What ARE you talking about? They advertise the heck out of them.
The breakfast is the single hardest reservation to get. It sells out immediately and disney had to institute a prepayment requirement because it was such a hot ticket. All of the Princesses visit the tables during breakfast. FWIW - breakfast is considered mediocre as well.

Lunch and Dinner - Cinderella is in the lobby for an official picture with you, the cost of the meal includes a photo package with 5x7s & wallets.
You sound like a real enthusiast, however, a not very frequent visitor. I suggest you spend some time on disboards.com because I'm seeing you're not giving 100% accurate information here.
Hey Mary.. sorry for the English.. if you read my post I said that Le Cellier is good.. not best as you have said.. please don't change my opinion and say its my opinion.

Second, Disney World Castle is the only Castle in the world you can dine in.. and you may attend there more often than not, but my family had the very best time out of both trips to Disney World, and 4 trips to Disneyland in the Disney World castle for supper, so maybe going often makes it less special.

In addition, I am for fine food, and I thought the supper at Disney Castle was first class and the best food that we've tried in the Orlando area. No I did not try brekkie or lunch, nor will I after the experience that we had for supper. I can't speak of experience for the other meals.. but supper was great!

If you look on the advertising last summer, it specifically stated no character dining for the Royal Table supper.. I see that it has changed and that the princesses are on hand for a photo.. that is a definitely recent change, and maybe I should have checked before posting.
Old May 18, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
[QUOTE=Ancien Maestro;13975417]
Originally Posted by Mary2e

Hey Mary.. sorry for the English.. if you read my post I said that Le Cellier is good.. not best as you have said.. please don't change my opinion and say its my opinion.
Nothing to apologize for.

As well, this thread is about the Best Restaurants in Orlando, not a decent place in a theme park. That's not what people are looking for in this thread.

In addition, I am for fine food, and I thought the supper at Disney Castle was first class and the best food that we've tried in the Orlando area. No I did not try brekkie or lunch, nor will I after the experience that we had for supper. I can't speak of experience for the other meals.. but supper was great!
The food is not fine. The atmosphere is great, but the food is mediocre at best. You may have enjoyed it, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for the "best restaurant" in any city, much lest Orlando.

If you look on the advertising last summer, it specifically stated no character dining for the Royal Table supper.. I see that it has changed and that the princesses are on hand for a photo.. that is a definitely recent change, and maybe I should have checked before posting.
One of the few times I actually ate dinner there recently was last summer. My husband wanted a 50th birthday kiss from Cinderella, and this was the only place to get it I have pictures to prove it

Like I said, www.disboards.com is the place to get all kinds of detailed information about Disney.
Old May 18, 2010, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
[QUOTE=Mary2e;13978641]
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Nothing to apologize for.

As well, this thread is about the Best Restaurants in Orlando, not a decent place in a theme park. That's not what people are looking for in this thread.

The food is not fine. The atmosphere is great, but the food is mediocre at best. You may have enjoyed it, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for the "best restaurant" in any city, much lest Orlando.

One of the few times I actually ate dinner there recently was last summer. My husband wanted a 50th birthday kiss from Cinderella, and this was the only place to get it I have pictures to prove it

Like I said, www.disboards.com is the place to get all kinds of detailed information about Disney.
This sounds like a terms & conditions thread.. anyhow, I thought I was quite clear saying that Le Cellier, much lest you seem to agree it was good.. not great, but good. I understand this thread is about the best restaurants in Orlando, but I thought I would post Le Cellier anyways as just a good restaurant.

Regarding the quality of food.. I read and researched some on the Royal Table. Yes, your opinion I've found to be many opinions of others.. that the food for the price is mediocre, and the atmostphere is nice.. I was left with the impression don't go there if you expect to get your money's worth honestly from all of the comments I've read. But, surprisingly after all the comments we booked the Royal Table Supper.. which at the time was advertising no character dining.. just only lunch and brekkie was character dining last summer.. even the dining agents at reservations were telling me that.. we walked into what I would call our family's most wonderful experience at Disney over the years.. this surprisingly after reading and researching the negative reviews and coments of the Royal Table. So for those who don't know.. try it for yourself, and conclude what you conclude. We stay at 5 star hotels all of the time, eat at their restaurants and high end restaurants wherever we go. I think I had the lamb if I recalled, and it was very tender.. the dessert was a nice presentation, and the appetizers were pretty good. 2 dining credits or $65.99 was worth the experience we thought.. good value with the picture package. A low end luau in Hawaii would have been this and worse. I'm glad we tried out the Royal Table in spite of the negative reviews, and saw for ourselves what is the most wonderful dining experience in all of the Disney Parks around the world. Even the waiter talked to us for an half an hour regarding the castle history. I guess Walt and Roy Disney built the castle to actually have their family dine and stay in. There is a couple of suites in the castle that during the years of a million dreams, people were invited to stay at the castle suites. I guess the week before Walt died, he dined and stayed at the castle at Disney World. Disney World to this day is the only castle in the world that you can actually take your family to, and enjoy a meal and experience the special Disney feeling that we all grew up longing to experience.

Funny your husband requested to go the castle.. might have been a special thing for him to request it. The ceilings were of special carved wood imported from overseas, and the decor reminiscent of a medieval castle. The windows are gorgeous looking out onto the fireworks we dined. The Disney family spared no expense to build it.. and wanted to share with the rest of America (although I'm Canadian) the special place. A welcoming feeling created indeed.. and A dream come true for a lot of family and kids.. so the Disney Castle continues to be a wonderful place for the young and old to experience. My opinion after experiencing it for myself after reading negative reviews.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; May 18, 2010 at 2:11 pm
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Cafe D'Antonio in Celebration is a great place! In Epcot Center you'll have some nice restaurants too in the World Showcase.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by EWR2AUS
As far as best restaurants in Orlando, just have to put in a plug for Victoria & Alberts. One of the best restaurants in the country, as far as I'm concerned. I travel to Orlando frequently, but try to save V&A for truly special events.
I have to say that we really enjoyed our dining experience at Victoria and Alberts. It is one of the few dining options at Disney that I will actually reccomend.

I also like Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian.

[QUOTE=Mary2e;13972707]
Sorry, but Le Cellier is NOT considered one of the best restaurants in Orlando. It's the only steak place in Disneyworld that's in a park and on the 1 credit part of the dining plan, hence, that's why it's so hard to get a reservation. The food has also gone downhill since it became the darling of the dining-plan set

The food is decent, but certainly not "best" by any stretch of the imagination.

now this one totally confuses me. The general consensus of frequent visitors is that you don't go to the castle for the food - you go for the ambiance. The last I ate there, the food was mediocre at best.

What ARE you talking about? They advertise the heck out of them.
The breakfast is the single hardest reservation to get. It sells out immediately and disney had to institute a prepayment requirement because it was such a hot ticket. All of the Princesses visit the tables during breakfast. FWIW - breakfast is considered mediocre as well.

Lunch and Dinner - Cinderella is in the lobby for an official picture with you, the cost of the meal includes a photo package with 5x7s & wallets.
You sound like a real enthusiast, however, a not very frequent visitor. I suggest you spend some time on disboards.com because I'm seeing you're not giving 100% accurate information here.
^^^ The castle dining is VERY overrated. If you go for the characters, great, but the food....Not so much.

EPCOT restaurants are ok, but not the "Best" out there... DIning plan has devalued a lot.... "burn and turn" is the theme anymore..

One of the newer places that I like is Kouzzina by Cat Cora. Order the whole fish entree....
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I have to say that we really enjoyed our dining experience at Victoria and Alberts. It is one of the few dining options at Disney that I will actually reccomend.

I also like Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian.
I've never eaten there because we refuse to get dressed up at Disney.

A good alternative that is very much overlooked is Citrico's. We've had some of the best meals there - from steak to fish - beating out both the Yachtsman Steak House and Narcoossees. But many people won't try any of these because they're on the dining plan and would have to use 2 credits for a meal. You can't even use credits at V&A
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I don't know if it still exists, but Alfredo di Roma @ Epcot Center is a nice place!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:32 am

It was replaced with a pizza type restaurant, and the food at Alfredo's was pretty universally considered not too great.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mary2e
It was replaced with a pizza type restaurant, and the food at Alfredo's was pretty universally considered not too great.
Wrong on both counts. Alfredo's was replaced by Tutto Italia, another sit-down restaurant with a varied Italian menu much like it was before. And that menu was considered one of the most authentic Italian experiences this side of Italy! You simply cannot beat fetuccini alfredo from the sister restaurant to the place that invented it...
Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:17 am

Then I stand corrected. I thought I had read it was replaced. In any event, I'm Italian (my parents were born there) and I wouldn't go near the Disneyfied version of Italian food
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:53 am

Update to the Italian restaurant issue

I knew I remembered a pizza type restaurant Tutto Italia is closed and is being replaced with Via Napoli, which will be another sit down restaurant with the menu primarily focusing on brick oven pizza. There will also be other Italian fare. I would imagine much like most local pizzaria offerings.

There was a rumor there would also be a quick service component that would just sell pizza, but that is not happening.

The restaurant will be opening in September sometime.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
You beat me to it, Mary; I was just about to post the same thing. If they can provide an authentic Italian pizza experience, this will be a tremendous addition to what is already an impressive spread of restaurants around World Showcase!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Orlando 2011 Zagat Survey Winners

#1 Victoria & Albert’s
#2 Le Coq au Vin

Rounding out the top five in Orlando were Primo, Chatham’s Place and Enzo’s, each with a food score of 27. (No restaurant in any of the cities in the survey has a perfect 30 for food.)

Source: http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/ne...op-restaurants
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, US Airways, SWA
On our recent visit to the Magic Kingdom, we found the food and service best at Todd English's Bluezoo and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The waitstaff at the Yachtsman's seemed like many other professionals we met at the magic kingdom, retired transplants from the Northeast who had unretired to work at what they are excellent at.

As for character dining, we kept trying the disney dining website. We got into Akershus at Epcot Norway. The food was actually very good and interesting. Before the main course there's a self serve deli featuring 3 kinds of kipper herring, smoked salmon, other fish, good potato salad, fresh salad, grilled asparagus, fresh tomatoes. My main course was a fancier version of a $5 plate from Ikea, but nonetheless very comforting. On entry there is a photo with one of the princesses which comes back to you in a booklet later. Dinner was princess free. At dessert time, 5 princesses materialized for pictures all around, and kisses for the young boys -- just kidding.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MinetaFlyer
On our recent visit to the Magic Kingdom, we found the food and service best at Todd English's Bluezoo and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The waitstaff at the Yachtsman's seemed like many other professionals we met at the magic kingdom, retired transplants from the Northeast who had unretired to work at what they are excellent at.

As for character dining, we kept trying the disney dining website. We got into Akershus at Epcot Norway. The food was actually very good and interesting. Before the main course there's a self serve deli featuring 3 kinds of kipper herring, smoked salmon, other fish, good potato salad, fresh salad, grilled asparagus, fresh tomatoes. My main course was a fancier version of a $5 plate from Ikea, but nonetheless very comforting. On entry there is a photo with one of the princesses which comes back to you in a booklet later. Dinner was princess free. At dessert time, 5 princesses materialized for pictures all around, and kisses for the young boys -- just kidding.
We did Akershus a couple of years back with the Disney Dining Plan.. It uses one sit down meal credit and you get a memorable picture package..

Currently in California and we've done 4 days at Disneyland.. and planning another 3 or 4 before the trip's out.. all I can say is that we are pretty lucky in Disney World to dine in the Castle and have the character meal options that we do..

We did the Disneyland hotel character meal at Goofy's Kitchen couple of days ago.. and it doesn't really add up to Chef Mickey's..

Can't dine in Sleeping Beauty's castle.. Their Thunder Mountain Ranch BBQ is a shortened version of Mickey's Backyard BBQ without the characters.. all in all.. the only character meal option at Disneyland is their character breakfast picnic I think in the morning.. and we never do character breakfasts

I keep walking by in Disneyland where the Crystal Palace is in Magic Kingdom, and all I can think of is wishing my 5 year old and 1 year had an opportunity to dine with Pooh and friends..

I like Small World, Splash Mountain, Snow White's Scary Adventure, Thunder Mountain Railroad and a number of rides at Disneyland better than Magic Kingdom.. but the Dining and Hotel options is not in the same league as Disney World.. Worth to visit, as we spent three weeks Christmas Break at Disney World.. so felt we needed to change it up this summer a bit..

imo.. most memorable meal I've ever had in my life having Christmas Day Supper at Disney World's Cinderella's Castle this past December 25th.. also celebrated my sons' first birthday lunch Christmas Eve at Cinderella's Castle as well..

btw.. if you haven't done Christmas Day at Magic Kingdom.. it is incredible..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.