Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Best Restaurants in Orlando..

Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List, CP, Hertz Gold, Mich Season Tkt, HH Diamond

I'm going to Orlando for vacation next week..

I want to do a fantastic lunch with an old friend and a great dinner with the parents..

Money is not an object..

What do you reccomend?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Hue in downtown orlando is great. I used to live over there and frequented it all the time.

There's also a nice little wine bar one block away called Eola Wine Company if you want to unwind before/after dinner with some wine and/or a smoke.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Maybe suitable for the parentals: Dinner at The Boheme restaurant in the Grand Bohemian Hotel (downtown):

http://grandbohemianhotel.com/theboheme/about.asp
Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Some of the high-end Disney restaurants are considered pretty good. Not my area of expertise, but tons of info online.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 4:13 pm

Go to Celebration, Florida

If you want to eat outside of the Disney parks I recommend driving to Cafe D'Antonio in Celebration. This charming town is a planned Disney community and a short drive from any of the Disney parks. We love Itallian food and think that Cafe D'Antonio is wonderful. There are several other restaurants in this town and just driving your parents around this community should be a treat. We also like the restaurants on International Drive such as Oceanaire Seafood or the Capital Grille (both are a little pricey) and Maggiano's is a fun place for family style service.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:34 pm

I vote for the Colombia resturant in Celebration for dinner. It's a fantastic Spanish-style resturant that is known for its paella, 1905 salad, and sangria (I recommend the Sangria de Cava). You can find more information at their website.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Scott Joseph was the Orlando Sentinel's highly regarded restaurant critic for approximately 20 years. Here are his picks < http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/food_drink_other_stuff/lunch/>.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 4:33 pm

I highly recommend the Columbia restaurant in Celebration for dinner. The Columbia is a FL institution that serves authentic Spanish fare. The service is excellent and the restaurant has a very nice ambiance. I'd recommend trying one of the paellas with the 1905 salad and getting the Sangria De Cava. Every time that I've been to one of the Columbia restaurants it has been a very memorable experience.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:47 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Where in Orlando will you be staying, and will you have a car?

My recommendations are Seasons 52, Mortons (I noticed your status ), California Grill, and Chez Vincent (Winter Park) among others.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Some of the best restaurants in Orlando are in EPCOT in the world pavillions. One of my favorites is the Chefs de France or its fancier companion upstairs. The Le Cellar steakhouse in Canada is also very good. As a benefit, you can watch the Illuminations show after dinner if you plan right.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:18 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by mkt
Seasons 52
+1 ^
Old Jan 10, 2009, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List, CP, Hertz Gold, Mich Season Tkt, HH Diamond
thanks for all your replys...

I didn't have internet access while on vaca.... (don't ask).. so I only got the first few replys..

We did eat at Mortons.. it was great (as usual). Tiger woods was there that night eating.. Wow!

We also ate at Emerils at the "Kitchen Table" that was great experience also.

I will be back in a few months and will try the restaurants mentioned in the celebration area..

Thanks again!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
I highly recommend the Columbia restaurant in Celebration for dinner. The Columbia is a FL institution that serves authentic Spanish fare. The service is excellent and the restaurant has a very nice ambiance. I'd recommend trying one of the paellas with the 1905 salad and getting the Sangria De Cava. Every time that I've been to one of the Columbia restaurants it has been a very memorable experience.
Not to be picky, but the Columbia is what I call "generic Hispanic" with some Cuban (e.g. Cuban Black Bean Soup, Boliche, Ropa Vieja) & some Spanish (e.g. Paella, Gazpacho Andaluz) dishes on the menu. Probably more Cuban than Spanish. It's all good, however.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: IC Plat RA
Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic
+1 ^
I'll second that. ^
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
As far as Steak places go, I think Charlies in Kissimmee is one of the best steak places in the country. Ive been to most of them including Lugers and I put Charlies up there with the best of them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.