FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   Best Restaurants in Orlando.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/905097-best-restaurants-orlando.html)

NeilGoBlue Jan 1, 2009 4:08 pm

Best Restaurants in Orlando..

I'm going to Orlando for vacation next week..

I want to do a fantastic lunch with an old friend and a great dinner with the parents..

Money is not an object..

What do you reccomend?

TommyC80 Jan 2, 2009 11:15 am

Hue in downtown orlando is great. I used to live over there and frequented it all the time.

There's also a nice little wine bar one block away called Eola Wine Company if you want to unwind before/after dinner with some wine and/or a smoke.

Non-NonRev Jan 3, 2009 5:55 am

Maybe suitable for the parentals: Dinner at The Boheme restaurant in the Grand Bohemian Hotel (downtown):

http://grandbohemianhotel.com/theboheme/about.asp

toomanybooks Jan 3, 2009 9:36 am

Some of the high-end Disney restaurants are considered pretty good. Not my area of expertise, but tons of info online.

gr8aunt Jan 4, 2009 4:13 pm

Go to Celebration, Florida

If you want to eat outside of the Disney parks I recommend driving to Cafe D'Antonio in Celebration. This charming town is a planned Disney community and a short drive from any of the Disney parks. We love Itallian food and think that Cafe D'Antonio is wonderful. There are several other restaurants in this town and just driving your parents around this community should be a treat. We also like the restaurants on International Drive such as Oceanaire Seafood or the Capital Grille (both are a little pricey) and Maggiano's is a fun place for family style service.

LizzyDragon84 Jan 5, 2009 4:34 pm

I vote for the Colombia resturant in Celebration for dinner. It's a fantastic Spanish-style resturant that is known for its paella, 1905 salad, and sangria (I recommend the Sangria de Cava). You can find more information at their website.

Orlando Vic Jan 6, 2009 3:54 pm

Scott Joseph was the Orlando Sentinel's highly regarded restaurant critic for approximately 20 years. Here are his picks < http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/food_drink_other_stuff/lunch/>.

LizzyDragon84 Jan 6, 2009 4:33 pm

I highly recommend the Columbia restaurant in Celebration for dinner. The Columbia is a FL institution that serves authentic Spanish fare. The service is excellent and the restaurant has a very nice ambiance. I'd recommend trying one of the paellas with the 1905 salad and getting the Sangria De Cava. Every time that I've been to one of the Columbia restaurants it has been a very memorable experience.

mkt Jan 7, 2009 12:47 am

Where in Orlando will you be staying, and will you have a car?

My recommendations are Seasons 52, Mortons (I noticed your status ;) ), California Grill, and Chez Vincent (Winter Park) among others.

mktozd Jan 8, 2009 8:59 am

Some of the best restaurants in Orlando are in EPCOT in the world pavillions. One of my favorites is the Chefs de France or its fancier companion upstairs. The Le Cellar steakhouse in Canada is also very good. As a benefit, you can watch the Illuminations show after dinner if you plan right.

Somewhere Over the Atlantic Jan 9, 2009 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by mkt (Post 11026191)
Seasons 52

+1 ^

NeilGoBlue Jan 10, 2009 2:03 pm

thanks for all your replys...

I didn't have internet access while on vaca.... (don't ask).. so I only got the first few replys..

We did eat at Mortons.. it was great (as usual). Tiger woods was there that night eating.. Wow!

We also ate at Emerils at the "Kitchen Table" that was great experience also.

I will be back in a few months and will try the restaurants mentioned in the celebration area..

Thanks again!

Orlando Vic Feb 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84 (Post 11023976)
I highly recommend the Columbia restaurant in Celebration for dinner. The Columbia is a FL institution that serves authentic Spanish fare. The service is excellent and the restaurant has a very nice ambiance. I'd recommend trying one of the paellas with the 1905 salad and getting the Sangria De Cava. Every time that I've been to one of the Columbia restaurants it has been a very memorable experience.

Not to be picky, but the Columbia is what I call "generic Hispanic" with some Cuban (e.g. Cuban Black Bean Soup, Boliche, Ropa Vieja) & some Spanish (e.g. Paella, Gazpacho Andaluz) dishes on the menu. Probably more Cuban than Spanish. It's all good, however.

Nepenthe Mar 3, 2009 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic (Post 11047290)
+1 ^

I'll second that. ^

Weez_1000 Mar 23, 2009 9:42 pm

As far as Steak places go, I think Charlies in Kissimmee is one of the best steak places in the country. Ive been to most of them including Lugers and I put Charlies up there with the best of them.