FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Restaurants in Orlando..
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2010, 2:04 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
[QUOTE=Mary2e;13978641]
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Nothing to apologize for.

As well, this thread is about the Best Restaurants in Orlando, not a decent place in a theme park. That's not what people are looking for in this thread.

The food is not fine. The atmosphere is great, but the food is mediocre at best. You may have enjoyed it, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for the "best restaurant" in any city, much lest Orlando.

One of the few times I actually ate dinner there recently was last summer. My husband wanted a 50th birthday kiss from Cinderella, and this was the only place to get it I have pictures to prove it

Like I said, www.disboards.com is the place to get all kinds of detailed information about Disney.
This sounds like a terms & conditions thread.. anyhow, I thought I was quite clear saying that Le Cellier, much lest you seem to agree it was good.. not great, but good. I understand this thread is about the best restaurants in Orlando, but I thought I would post Le Cellier anyways as just a good restaurant.

Regarding the quality of food.. I read and researched some on the Royal Table. Yes, your opinion I've found to be many opinions of others.. that the food for the price is mediocre, and the atmostphere is nice.. I was left with the impression don't go there if you expect to get your money's worth honestly from all of the comments I've read. But, surprisingly after all the comments we booked the Royal Table Supper.. which at the time was advertising no character dining.. just only lunch and brekkie was character dining last summer.. even the dining agents at reservations were telling me that.. we walked into what I would call our family's most wonderful experience at Disney over the years.. this surprisingly after reading and researching the negative reviews and coments of the Royal Table. So for those who don't know.. try it for yourself, and conclude what you conclude. We stay at 5 star hotels all of the time, eat at their restaurants and high end restaurants wherever we go. I think I had the lamb if I recalled, and it was very tender.. the dessert was a nice presentation, and the appetizers were pretty good. 2 dining credits or $65.99 was worth the experience we thought.. good value with the picture package. A low end luau in Hawaii would have been this and worse. I'm glad we tried out the Royal Table in spite of the negative reviews, and saw for ourselves what is the most wonderful dining experience in all of the Disney Parks around the world. Even the waiter talked to us for an half an hour regarding the castle history. I guess Walt and Roy Disney built the castle to actually have their family dine and stay in. There is a couple of suites in the castle that during the years of a million dreams, people were invited to stay at the castle suites. I guess the week before Walt died, he dined and stayed at the castle at Disney World. Disney World to this day is the only castle in the world that you can actually take your family to, and enjoy a meal and experience the special Disney feeling that we all grew up longing to experience.

Funny your husband requested to go the castle.. might have been a special thing for him to request it. The ceilings were of special carved wood imported from overseas, and the decor reminiscent of a medieval castle. The windows are gorgeous looking out onto the fireworks we dined. The Disney family spared no expense to build it.. and wanted to share with the rest of America (although I'm Canadian) the special place. A welcoming feeling created indeed.. and A dream come true for a lot of family and kids.. so the Disney Castle continues to be a wonderful place for the young and old to experience. My opinion after experiencing it for myself after reading negative reviews.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; May 18, 2010 at 2:11 pm