Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overcharged by Sixt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Overcharged by Sixt

I booked a car on Sixt website and paid the full fee, EUR 198.96, right away online in July. When I picked my car in Munich this month, I decided to add insurance. So there are extra charge, EUR 94.42. I got my credit card statement and found I was charged by EUR 293.38 from Sixt. It's totally WRONG!!. I should only be billed EUR 94.42. Sixt is overcharged me.

It's unacceptable!!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:11 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Reply

Hi medi66,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please send me a private message with your reservation details and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by medi66
I booked a car on Sixt website and paid the full fee, EUR 198.96, right away online in July. When I picked my car in Munich this month, I decided to add insurance. So there are extra charge, EUR 94.42. I got my credit card statement and found I was charged by EUR 293.38 from Sixt. It's totally WRONG!!. I should only be billed EUR 94.42. Sixt is overcharged me.

It's unacceptable!!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by medi66

It's unacceptable!!
Sixt seemed incredibly outrageous for overcharging their customers.

Couples months ago,I rented a car @LJU and my car was found some damage on the bumper,Sixt charged me huge 220 Euro~

Even worse,they still charged an administration fee of 50*22%tax = 61 Euro

So totally,I was charged 220+61=281 Euro for a very small damage which I didn't even know what happened there.

This time we visited Spain and rented a car @MAD AVIS,my car was sabotaged probably due to parking in the private parking field,there was a larger pit than last time found on the bumper , even worse , there is huge scratch caused by a car key from rare door to engine chamber(across front door). I was extremely scared to be charged enormous figure. However ultimately I was only charged 42.35 Euro by Avis.

Sixt is a monster to me now.Definitely I won't use Sixt anymore.

Last edited by wellfly; Oct 11, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Hopefully, the Sixt representative will post his reply. However, there can be additional fees applied to a rental, fees which are paid at drop off; examples include: location surcharges, additional driver fees, cleaning fees, or fees charged for supplying the police with you personal information (address).

Car rental procedures vary from place to place and one should never assume he is being overcharged without investigating the detail of the charges.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:47 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Reply

Hi Wellfly,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like me to look into this for you then I'd be happy to. Feel free to send me a private message with your reservation details and I'll investigate this damage claim.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by wellfly

Couples months ago,I rented a car @LJU and my car was found some damage on the bumper,Sixt charged me huge 220 Euro~

So totally,I was charged 220+61=281 Euro for a very small damage which I didn't even know what happened there.

This time we visited Spain and rented a car @MAD AVIS,my car was sabotaged probably due to parking in the private parking field,there was a larger pit than last time found on the bumper , even worse , there is huge scratch caused by a car key from rare door to engine chamber(across front door). I was extremely scared to be charged enormous figure. However ultimately I was only charged 42.35 Euro by Avis.

Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Wellfly,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like me to look into this for you then I'd be happy to. Feel free to send me a private message with your reservation details and I'll investigate this damage claim.

Thanks, Jess.
Dear Jess.

I have complained this issue couple months ago.And you told me that's Slovenia's decision and you cannot overrule it and then asked me to escalate this issue to ECRCS. But I really don't want to waste my time.

Sixt seems outrageous to overcharge their customers.

I posted this issue on TripAdvisor, a deep throat explained how Sixt screwed their customers~

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...la_Region.html

Indeed,it was true my car was found some damage and I should not avoid it.
However,compared my experience @MAD Avis , a terrible damage and scratch(Avis @MAD only charged me $42.35 Euro) vs. a slight damage(Sixt charged me huge $281 Euro)
It goes wither saying,Sixt is a monster indeed.

This time I almost ran out the fuel tank when I returned my car at MAD AVIS,they only charged me $57.39 Euro,However,if I didn't filled up the fuel tank when I return this car , Your people(Sixt) @LJU told me at least $100 Euro for a double punishment. When I picked up the car @LJU,I found it's not a full tank ,Sixt even lied to me it's a broken fuel meter issue~ What a big lie! After showing some pictures,they finally admitted it's not full , I expected they will compensate me at least $100 Euro as they charge their customer for a un-full tank when then they return it. However , they just only spare me a administration fee of $50 euro. If you have reasons to double charge your customer at least $100 for a un-full tank,you should follow the same rule to compensate your customer when you(Sixt) didn't provide a full tank car to your customer. Right?

Sixt seemed to screw people a lot from this forum.
Your people @LJU sneakily put a PAP(PAX) on my contract even I specifically told him no more any extra insurance and just follow original voucher.......It made me extremely angry.

After around 10 rental car experiences in Europe,Sixt @LJU was the worst one of all, I would never use Sixt again for sure.

I know you always do your job well here, however , if you don't have any jurisdiction to overrule any decision made by your terrible branch,I think you just keep Sixt bad reputation and rotten.

I figured it's Louise who contacted me last time. Thanks a lot for your effort anyway.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I rent a lot from Sixt and when a fuel tank issue like this appears when I check the car, I just go back to the counter and have them change the fuel marker on the contract to 5/8, 6/8 or whatever... Is that what you did?
I am not sure I understand your compensation requirements from Sixt in dealing with this kind of issue.

Regarding the damages, comparing business practices in Spain and Slovenia, be it from Avis or Sixt, doesn't seem very convincing to me.
Did you request to see the quotation from an accredited repair center before paying?

To put things in perspective, I got 2 broken windows in La Defense in Paris on a 730d, with quite bad damage to the door frame and was only charged EUR1000 by Sixt (+ EUR50 administration fee that I don't like either )...Of course no VAT was added... Textbook disbursement...

Note the fingerprint powder from the French CSI

Dear Jess.

I have complained this issue couple months ago.And you told me that's Slovenia's decision and you cannot overrule it and then asked me to escalate this issue to ECRCS. But I really don't want to waste my time.

Sixt seems outrageous to overcharge their customers.

I posted this issue on TripAdvisor, a deep throat explained how Sixt screwed their customers~

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...la_Region.html

Indeed,it was true my car was found some damage and I should not avoid it.
However,compared my experience @MAD Avis , a terrible damage and scratch(Avis @MAD only charged me $42.35 Euro) vs. a slight damage(Sixt charged me huge $281 Euro)
It goes wither saying,Sixt is a monster indeed.

This time I almost ran out the fuel tank when I returned my car at MAD AVIS,they only charged me $57.39 Euro,However,if I didn't filled up the fuel tank when I return this car , Your people(Sixt) @LJU told me at least $100 Euro for a double punishment. When I picked up the car @LJU,I found it's not a full tank ,Sixt even lied to me it's a broken fuel meter issue~ What a big lie! After showing some pictures,they finally admitted it's not full , I expected they will compensate me at least $100 Euro as they charge their customer for a un-full tank when then they return it. However , they just only spare me a administration fee of $50 euro. If you have reasons to double charge your customer at least $100 for a un-full tank,you should follow the same rule to compensate your customer when you(Sixt) didn't provide a full tank car to your customer. Right?

Sixt seemed to screw people a lot from this forum.
Your people @LJU sneakily put a PAP(PAX) on my contract even I specifically told him no more any extra insurance and just follow original voucher.......It made me extremely angry.

After around 10 rental car experiences in Europe,Sixt @LJU was the worst one of all, I would never use Sixt again for sure.

I know you always do your job well here, however , if you don't have any jurisdiction to overrule any decision made by your terrible branch,I think you just keep Sixt bad reputation and rotten.

I figured it's Louise who contacted me last time. Thanks a lot for your effort anyway.

Last edited by SteamyUncle; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:36 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:16 am

Angry Overcharged for repair

I regularly hire cars from Sixt with work and therefore opted to hire from the Dublin City Centre office on my honeymoon. On return of the car we noticed a minor scuff on the front bumper that we had no recollection of causing. The office assured us that the damage was superficial would not come anywhere near the 300 euro excess and we would just be charged for a minor repair. 6 weeks later with no prior correspondence we were charged 300 euros. I contacted the office and they sent and invoice stating they replaced the whole bumper. I discuessed the repair cost with an independent garage and they come nowhere near replacing the whole bumper, precisely because it's only a cosmetic touch up.

The costs being claimed by Sixt are completely out of proportion, and the lack of communication before charging me the full excess leads me to believe Sixt were hoping I would just pay the bill without questioning it's amount.

As it stands, being over charged for cosmetic damage and not receiving appropriate correspondence will ensure I will never return to Sixt, and I will advise my friends and collegues to do the same.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sixt should be sending you an itemized repair estimate/bill. Do you receive it?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: United
I will have to revive this as the same thing happened to me. 2-3 weeks after i drop off the car at the airport to people that did a quick inspection and said it was fine I got an email with a photo of some scratches on the wheel.
Apparently in Germany this costs $600 to buff out. Are you insane?I saw that buying an actual wheel was cheaper than this. I even paid for their insurance, which was already ridiculously overpriced. Never renting from Sixt again and I am already emailing all of my friends and colleagues at work.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:37 am

Dear SixtCustomerService

I was double charge too, I have booked BMW 520 AUTO in advance, the day I arrived Heathrow London , your employee said that I have to upgrade my car due to there was no car which match my booking available for me at that time, so I have to pay around 200 pounds more in order to upgrade my car from BMW 520 Auto to BMW 520 EST DI auto. However, I asked to pay the extra fees by using another credit card of mind. After I got back to my home town ( Thailand ), I found out that my card was double charge !!!!! ( one credit card at 813.42 pounds and 523.87 pounds) which means I was charged 523.87 pounds more.

Reservation number:[private information edited by Moderator].

Please kindly feedback ASAP [Private information edited by Moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 3, 2018 at 10:37 pm Reason: Per FT Rules to mitigate member's posting of private infornation on puboic website.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I dont think Sixt monitor FT anymore so a reply would not be forthcoming.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:52 pm

Double charged

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi medi66,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please send me a private message with your reservation details and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks, Jess.
Hi, so I just found out you guys double charged me. I made booking on Nov 9, 2023 and paid in full minus deposit. After I picked up car, next day I notice that they fully charge me a second time plus deposit. First time I was charged $770, second time I was charged $970 on Nov 25.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Tooly
Hi, so I just found out you guys double charged me. I made booking on Nov 9, 2023 and paid in full minus deposit. After I picked up car, next day I notice that they fully charge me a second time plus deposit. First time I was charged $770, second time I was charged $970 on Nov 25.
FT is not monitored by SIXT CS, just contact them directly.
seawolf and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.