FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overcharged by Sixt
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:05 pm
SteamyUncle

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I rent a lot from Sixt and when a fuel tank issue like this appears when I check the car, I just go back to the counter and have them change the fuel marker on the contract to 5/8, 6/8 or whatever... Is that what you did?
I am not sure I understand your compensation requirements from Sixt in dealing with this kind of issue.

Regarding the damages, comparing business practices in Spain and Slovenia, be it from Avis or Sixt, doesn't seem very convincing to me.
Did you request to see the quotation from an accredited repair center before paying?

To put things in perspective, I got 2 broken windows in La Defense in Paris on a 730d, with quite bad damage to the door frame and was only charged EUR1000 by Sixt (+ EUR50 administration fee that I don't like either )...Of course no VAT was added... Textbook disbursement...

Note the fingerprint powder from the French CSI

Originally Posted by wellfly
Dear Jess.

I have complained this issue couple months ago.And you told me that's Slovenia's decision and you cannot overrule it and then asked me to escalate this issue to ECRCS. But I really don't want to waste my time.

Sixt seems outrageous to overcharge their customers.

I posted this issue on TripAdvisor, a deep throat explained how Sixt screwed their customers~

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...la_Region.html

Indeed,it was true my car was found some damage and I should not avoid it.
However,compared my experience @MAD Avis , a terrible damage and scratch(Avis @MAD only charged me $42.35 Euro) vs. a slight damage(Sixt charged me huge $281 Euro)
It goes wither saying,Sixt is a monster indeed.

This time I almost ran out the fuel tank when I returned my car at MAD AVIS,they only charged me $57.39 Euro,However,if I didn't filled up the fuel tank when I return this car , Your people(Sixt) @LJU told me at least $100 Euro for a double punishment. When I picked up the car @LJU,I found it's not a full tank ,Sixt even lied to me it's a broken fuel meter issue~ What a big lie! After showing some pictures,they finally admitted it's not full , I expected they will compensate me at least $100 Euro as they charge their customer for a un-full tank when then they return it. However , they just only spare me a administration fee of $50 euro. If you have reasons to double charge your customer at least $100 for a un-full tank,you should follow the same rule to compensate your customer when you(Sixt) didn't provide a full tank car to your customer. Right?

Sixt seemed to screw people a lot from this forum.
Your people @LJU sneakily put a PAP(PAX) on my contract even I specifically told him no more any extra insurance and just follow original voucher.......It made me extremely angry.

After around 10 rental car experiences in Europe,Sixt @LJU was the worst one of all, I would never use Sixt again for sure.

I know you always do your job well here, however , if you don't have any jurisdiction to overrule any decision made by your terrible branch,I think you just keep Sixt bad reputation and rotten.

I figured it's Louise who contacted me last time. Thanks a lot for your effort anyway.

Originally Posted by wellfly
Sixt seemed incredibly outrageous for overcharging their customers.

Couples months ago,I rented a car @LJU and my car was found some damage on the bumper,Sixt charged me huge 220 Euro~

Even worse,they still charged an administration fee of 50*22%tax = 61 Euro

So totally,I was charged 220+61=281 Euro for a very small damage which I didn't even know what happened there.

This time we visited Spain and rented a car @MAD AVIS,my car was sabotaged probably due to parking in the private parking field,there was a larger pit than last time found on the bumper , even worse , there is huge scratch caused by a car key from rare door to engine chamber(across front door). I was extremely scared to be charged enormous figure. However ultimately I was only charged 42.35 Euro by Avis.

Sixt is a monster to me now.Definitely I won't use Sixt anymore.

Last edited by SteamyUncle; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:36 am