FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overcharged by Sixt
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:16 am
chrisw1704

Angry Overcharged for repair

I regularly hire cars from Sixt with work and therefore opted to hire from the Dublin City Centre office on my honeymoon. On return of the car we noticed a minor scuff on the front bumper that we had no recollection of causing. The office assured us that the damage was superficial would not come anywhere near the 300 euro excess and we would just be charged for a minor repair. 6 weeks later with no prior correspondence we were charged 300 euros. I contacted the office and they sent and invoice stating they replaced the whole bumper. I discuessed the repair cost with an independent garage and they come nowhere near replacing the whole bumper, precisely because it's only a cosmetic touch up.

The costs being claimed by Sixt are completely out of proportion, and the lack of communication before charging me the full excess leads me to believe Sixt were hoping I would just pay the bill without questioning it's amount.

As it stands, being over charged for cosmetic damage and not receiving appropriate correspondence will ensure I will never return to Sixt, and I will advise my friends and collegues to do the same.