Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by kpottermn
When is BTC accessible? Have a trip in September and every time I try to pre-select meal I get an error.
Just got off the phone with Singapore who said BTC is not available on my flight, SQ12 SIN-LAX via NRT. That can't be right, can it?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, KF Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just got off the phone with Singapore who said BTC is not available on my flight, SQ12 SIN-LAX via NRT. That can't be right, can it?
sometimes it's not accessible too far ahead of the travel date....try again a week or so prior...much easier to do it online vs call center..

just finished SIN-LAX and BTC worked fine..
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:02 am

Do people recommend Kyo Kaiseki ex-SIN?

I'm waitlisting a flight for SIN-JFK and I'm already planning my meals hehe
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:00 pm

I have 4 BTC flights coming up, all in First/Suites (and my first time for both BTC and SQ First/Suite), but getting pretty indecisive on my meal options. They give you so many options, it can be tough to choose. Most likely will go with the lobster at least once since I've heard so much about it. Flying PEK-SIN-MEL and DEL-SIN-PEK routes.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by benji7890
Do people recommend Kyo Kaiseki ex-SIN?
Absolutely - it is, in my honest opinion, the best BTC option that SQ offer.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
I am booked on SQ 8 SIN-ICN (Sleeper Service). Is the BTC Option available on that flight? Online it is appearing, but I can not choose anything... Does anyone has experiences with that flight and BTC? And if yes, will it be breakfast or dinner options?

Kind regards from Switzerland
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:56 am

Classic lobster thermidor (SIN-MEL SQ247)

Hainanese chicken rice (SIN-MEL SQ247)

Indian curry lamb shank (MEL-SIN SQ248)

Baked king prawn (SIN-PEK SQ800)

Prawn & chicken laksa (SIN-PEK SQ800)

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by gawa
Prawn & chicken laksa (SIN-PEK SQ800)

What would you choose again ex-SIN among the laksa, chicken rice and lobster thermidor? Those are my top options.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:14 am

What would you choose again ex-SIN among the laksa, chicken rice and lobster thermidor? Those are my top options.
I really enjoyed the laksa and would definitely get that again.
That said, it was my first time trying anything book the cook, so I don't have much to compare to. I had to try the lobster thermidor despite the hit or miss reviews, I think mine was ok, wasn't amazing or anything, but I don't think I would get that again. My wife had the chicken rice and enjoyed it, I only tried a piece of chicken but it was pretty moist and tender.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Swissairasia
I am booked on SQ 8 SIN-ICN (Sleeper Service). Is the BTC Option available on that flight? Online it is appearing, but I can not choose anything... Does anyone has experiences with that flight and BTC? And if yes, will it be breakfast or dinner options?

Kind regards from Switzerland

Yes it’s available. I take this route often.

The option is to eat the meal after take off or wait before arrival. I didn’t enjoy lobster / steak first thing after 4-5 hour sleep lol.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
New for 2018 :

Is it my imagination ( actually I don't think is but I believe the BTC meals in J are getting smaller. I almost always order the same thing ex-SIN ( the Chinese cod fried rice, the prawn soup or the chicken rice) and I have pics to support my claim. Smaller portions in 2018. Anyone else notice this?

Just ordered the Chinese Cod fried rice SIN-DXB and its half the side of last order I made in 2017 ( SIN-MEL) both dinner flights BTW.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:39 pm

BTC Lobster option ex melb

I'm flying J class in march. Just noticed lobster isn't in the menu ex melb but is an option ex Sydney and a few other Australian cities. Any clue why this is? Is there a shortage of lobster in Melb?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: VA- Platinum
I'm not seeing anything I fancy for BTC breakfast SIN-JNB except maybe the waffles & coulis, is it worth choosing "Inflight menu" for that one and what kind of breakfast can I expect?

Other option,can I choose BTC and then decide to have the inflight meal instead while I'm aboard?

Many Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by freebo
I'm not seeing anything I fancy for BTC breakfast SIN-JNB except maybe the waffles & coulis, is it worth choosing "Inflight menu" for that one and what kind of breakfast can I expect?

Other option,can I choose BTC and then decide to have the inflight meal instead while I'm aboard?

Many Thanks!
We just did this sector. The food choices are pretty poor considering it's a 10+ hour flight with only a "refreshment" served after takeoff. For breakfast BTC you get a choice of the "Warm Waffles & Coulis" or the "Poached Egg Served with Hollandaise Sauce".

Here's the breakfast menu:

Poached Eggs BTC - Tasty salmon, soft eggs, acceptable Hollandaise. Potato hash underneath was a little soggy. Asparagus and tomatoes were perfectly cooked

Swiss Cheese and Chive Omelette - Omelette was okay, not too cheesy. Veal sausages were good. Roesti crisp and tasty

You can choose to BTC and then go for the in-flight meal instead - but the cabin crew may ask you to wait whilst they take everyone else's order first. It varies depending on load and crew.
freebo likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by freebo

Many Thanks!
Flew SIN—HKG during breakfast hours. Via BTC could access anything I wanted not just breakfast type things. The agent didn’t know how to do this but her help desk instructed her. She also offered an email confirmation of my choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.