Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Alright, so Im behaving myself, I wont start a new thread .

While I will admit I did not read through the entire thread, I have a trip coming up on SQ on SQ1 and SQ12.

I am probably going to choose the following BTC options. Convince me if I should change, Im going to give them a call tomorrow or Tuesday.

SFO-(HKG)-SIN:
Lobster Thermidor with buttered asparagus, slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice

**Question do I get another choice on the HKG-SIN sector?**

SIN-NRT-LAX:
8 oz. U.S.A. rib-eye steak with creamy green peppercorn sauce, roasted vegetables, and garlic-mashed potatoes

**Question do I get another choice on the NRT-LAX sector?**

Thanks

Yes you get another choice on both the HKG-SIN and NRT- LAX sector.

I have flown SIN-NRT-LAX in business class many times before (never in 1st class) and always BTC a meal for each sector.

The shushi option is OK but I think there is better choices on the BTC menu as well as the on board menu. I will not be getting the sushi opition for my April SIN-NRT-LAX flight.

As many other post suggest BTC if you see something you like, then if you see something you like on the on board menu ask if you can change it.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:28 pm

There might be a problem on the HKG-SIN sector. It is a breakfast flight and there are limited BTC offerings for Bfast.

From the website:

* Book the Cook dishes are served as the main course and are not Refreshment or Continental Breakfast options.

I think the inly possibility for BTC Bfast is ex SIN.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:13 pm

100% Agree

Originally Posted by elsie
There might be a problem on the HKG-SIN sector. It is a breakfast flight and there are limited BTC offerings for Bfast.

From the website:

* Book the Cook dishes are served as the main course and are not Refreshment or Continental Breakfast options.

Sorry ... I did not realize that SQ1 HKG-SIN is a morning flight with breakfast. What elsie outlined is correct.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:14 am

Btc sfo/hkg

don't know if i have this reply entered in time for DLATL777 but i ordered the scallops SFO/HKG and they were delicious!

(slightly off topic - i then ordered the lamb chops on the TG flight HKG/BKK and they were also wonderful - i was then coerced by the in-flights to have dessert which was great - macadamia nut ice cream - yummm)
Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by elsie
Yup, getting BTC ex SIN for breakfast is not a problem. Just last week, I booked the Lobster Thermidor for my 8:45AM SIN-BKK flight. My first SQ experience (I'll be flying C), looking forward to it.

Hope the FA's and other pax don't give me strange looks when I eat my lobster and have Singapore Slings at 9AM...
Old Feb 24, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Yup, getting BTC ex SIN for breakfast is not a problem. Just last week, I booked the Lobster Thermidor for my 8:45AM SIN-BKK flight. My first SQ experience (I'll be flying C), looking forward to it.

Hope the FA's and other pax don't give me strange looks when I eat my lobster and have Singapore Slings at 9AM...
SQ970 is a Brunch flight. BTC is no problem. I recently took this flight and had the rack of lamb....delicious.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by yvrguy
SQ970 is a Brunch flight. BTC is no problem. I recently took this flight and had the rack of lamb....delicious.
hmm... Rack of lamb or lobster... Decisions, decisions...
Old May 29, 2009, 11:29 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I'm flying J SIN-AMS in a few months and am really debating between the two Thai BTC options:

Fish soufflé and spicy minced chicken served with pineapple rice and curried vegetables

Green curry fish balls stuffed with prawns, served with pork in a sweet and spicy sauce

Any recommendations for or against either? The first is tempting if only to discover how exactly they produce a "soufflé" onboard an airplane.
Old May 29, 2009, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 2Ruse
don't know if i have this reply entered in time for DLATL777 but i ordered the scallops SFO/HKG and they were delicious!

(slightly off topic - i then ordered the lamb chops on the TG flight HKG/BKK and they were also wonderful - i was then coerced by the in-flights to have dessert which was great - macadamia nut ice cream - yummm)
Does TG have BTC for J class?
Old May 29, 2009, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Does TG have BTC for J class?
I think he meant ordered off the menu - no BTC on TG J as far as I'm aware of.
Old May 29, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Anyone ever had the Kyo-Kaiseki menu on SIN-FRA trip in F? is it any good?

What are other recommendations for the route? Thanks!
Old May 31, 2009, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by General_Flyer

I had it on SIN-LHR last year - it was decent, but looking back I would have preferred the normal menu with a BTC main course. On a night flight, I suppose it can work quite well because it is a relatively light meal.

The Kyo-Kaiseki is a complete meal by itself, so unless you ask separately, you will not get the other courses of the meal (starter, salad, soup, etc) - only the dessert, IIRC.
Old May 31, 2009, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by General_Flyer

I just did a RTW on SQ & had the kyo-kaiseki meal. It was good but not great. The main dish was lobster in miso paste, which I found too rich and salty, and you also do get other courses on the menu if you want.

There were only DH and me in the F cabin from SIN-FRA, and SQ had loaded on the BTC meal selection. I think I would have preferred other options over the kyo-kaiseki meal. I did take pictures of the meal, so I'll try to upload them soon.

Other people may have different opinion of the kyo-kaiseki meal, but DH & I had just come from a week in Tokyo where we had some amazing Michelin 3* Japanese meals. It probably affected my appreciation for the SQ kyo-kaiseki meal.

I don't know how often they change the F menu, but other options were:
Seared chilean sea bass in horseradish veloute
Singapore style chilli crab (which I would have preferred)
Roasted herb crusted lamb chops
Yakitori
Potato gnocchi in roquefort cheese sauce

Last edited by Cynnamin; May 31, 2009 at 11:05 am
Old May 31, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by stargold
I had it on SIN-LHR last year - it was decent, but looking back I would have preferred the normal menu with a BTC main course. On a night flight, I suppose it can work quite well because it is a relatively light meal.

The Kyo-Kaiseki is a complete meal by itself, so unless you ask separately, you will not get the other courses of the meal (starter, salad, soup, etc) - only the dessert, IIRC.
I see.. Well, I didn't order a breakfast BTC on that flight so I think it'll suit me better to treat it as breakfast and order from the menu for dinner..

Originally Posted by Cynnamin
I just did a RTW on SQ & had the kyo-kaiseki meal. It was good but not great. The main dish was lobster in miso paste, which I found too rich and salty, and you also do get other courses on the menu if you want.

There were only DH and me in the F cabin from SIN-FRA, and SQ had loaded on the BTC meal selection. I think I would have preferred other options over the kyo-kaiseki meal. I did take pictures of the meal, so I'll try to upload them soon.

Other people may have different opinion of the kyo-kaiseki meal, but DH & I had just come from a week in Tokyo where we had some amazing Michelin 3* Japanese meals. It probably affected my appreciation for the SQ kyo-kaiseki meal.

I don't know how often they change the F menu, but other options were:
Seared chilean sea bass in horseradish veloute
Singapore style chilli crab (which I would have preferred)
Roasted herb crusted lamb chops
Yakitori
Potato gnocchi in roquefort cheese sauce
SIN-FRA and SIN-LAX, anyone ever tasted the differences in Kyo-Kaiseki or are they relatively the same? Since SIN-LAX is via NRT, guess I'm just wondering..

Looking forward for the chili crab options onboard though!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 7:05 am

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Originally Posted by bostonbali
hmm... Rack of lamb or lobster... Decisions, decisions...
The lobster was perhaps the best meal I have ever had on a flight. The rice pilaf was excellent, better than most restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.