Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
I do not know if you guys realize that 1/4 of the people on the flight will get to go for free. I am talking about non-paying pax, i.e. the VVIP guests.

I suppose these will be a share between Airbus, SIA, and also among the Singapore and French governments along with a chosen few from the media.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The auction thread has been merged in with the A380 inaugural thread. It was getting too confusing having the discussion split.

Kiwi Flyer
SQ moderator
Old Aug 27, 2007, 6:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Well, somebody wasn't put off by the price tag, as it is sold at the 'Buy it Now' price already.

Nick
I wonder if this was a legit bid, the buyer is quekks and has zero feedback -- a member since Jul 26, 2007 in Singapore. The But it Now price was S$380,000. http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/The-ULTIMATE-...mZ150155467151
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I wonder if this was a legit bid, the buyer is quekks and has zero feedback -- a member since Jul 26, 2007 in Singapore. The But it Now price was S$380,000. http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/The-ULTIMATE-...mZ150155467151
The buyer had to put up a $10k USD bankers guarantee, and the fee for non-payment is $25k USD (on top of the $10k ?) so I would think it might be an expensive mistake bid...
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:44 pm

Programs: Enrich, Krisflyer, Asiamiles
what if i bid for 1 item, and got outbidded. then bid for another item - won it. later ebay/sia contacted me that the highest bidder for item 1 has decided not to pay, and offerred to me. am i obliged to take up item 1 as the next highest bidder - or face 25k fine?? could not find any answers for this in faq....
Old Aug 28, 2007, 2:14 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by dsim
what if i bid for 1 item, and got outbidded. then bid for another item - won it. later ebay/sia contacted me that the highest bidder for item 1 has decided not to pay, and offerred to me. am i obliged to take up item 1 as the next highest bidder - or face 25k fine?? could not find any answers for this in faq....
From the way this auction is going... if you're worrying on minute details like $25k fine or next highest bidder, you don't need to bid..
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:35 am

Its interesting that Ben over at the Business Travel Guru website http://BizTravelGuru.com mentions that limited numbers of seats in all classes will be sold as buy it now, and Singapore Airlines may release some seats at rediciously low prices, so that general public have an opertunity for the flight.

Business Travel Guru Article

I hope this is true, and will be re-visiting the eBay page to see if any are released. Wish me good luck . Dont like my chances though there must be thousands of people visiting this auction every minute.

Jason Wi
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'd like to buy one seat on the inaugural flight, but I've noticed that the single seats seem to get bid up faster than the blocks. For example, if you want a block of ten seats in economy, the current high bid is $455/seat. If you want one seat, the highest bid is currently $5000. Of course, there is still a lot of time until the auctions close, so maybe this pricing anomaly will correct itself.... If not, I hope SQ notices, and starts to auction more single seats.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:47 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hoobly
I'd like to buy one seat on the inaugural flight, but I've noticed that the single seats seem to get bid up faster than the blocks. For example, if you want a block of ten seats in economy, the current high bid is $455/seat. If you want one seat, the highest bid is currently $5000. Of course, there is still a lot of time until the auctions close, so maybe this pricing anomaly will correct itself.... If not, I hope SQ notices, and starts to auction more single seats.
I was wondering that same thing. Lots of 2 seaters; one 3; some 4; one 10 which is a bargain but very few single seats.

My calculations; on seats being offered.
First Class; 4
Business Class; 10
Economy; 86 sold; Only 8 being sold as singles.

Seems like the single seats are going for above $2,000.00 but the 2 economy seats are going for $1,500.00.

So if you have registered as a single seat; how do you upgrade your request to 2 economy seats, which actually costs less.

Or Auctionwire or SQ you could release more single seats please; @:-)

Good luck to those bidding.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 12:43 pm

So how many among the FT community have won seats for the A380 inaugural flight? Don't be shy or embarrassed! Let us know! @:-)
Old Aug 29, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by dsim
I don't think you'd have to worry as it would only be the winning bidder who takes responsibility.

If they are subsequently offering it to you, it would indicate you have a choice and not an obligation. Wouldn't really be fair otherwise.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:42 am

Item number: 150155984278
SIA A380 1st Flight (return) 2 Economy + Window

Buy It Now price: SGD 26,750.00
(approximately US $17,532.94)

A bargain
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:57 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Ok. If I have got this right, the aircraft seats 461 pax and SQ have stated that three quarters of the seats will be available for purchase. So this means around 345 seats should be up for sale..

Currently on the auction website they have 105 seats up for grabs and no auction has closed yet so that means less than a third of the seats have been marketed so far..

I would love to go and take my wife and son with me.. (my son is as excited as I am whilst my wife is just thinking of friends and shopping for a weekend in SYD..!) and i live in Singapore but my personal cost limit is around S$1000 per ticket so I havent bid yet.

My hunch is that once the "must go at any cost" guys have swallowed up the initial tickets then reality will kick in and the costs for reaching Singapore / returning from Sydney etc will get factored in and I would expect the economy seats to sell for hundreds rather than thousands further on in the auction...

My 2 cents and just a hunch... I guess time will tell.!
Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:16 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cmdsea
My hunch is that once the "must go at any cost" guys have swallowed up the initial tickets then reality will kick in and the costs for reaching Singapore / returning from Sydney etc will get factored in and I would expect the economy seats to sell for hundreds rather than thousands further on in the auction...
You can only hope that there are less than 350 of these "go at any cost" type guys auctioning for the seats on each flight
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:12 am

Programs: QF, SQ, MH
If anyone wants to stay up late tonight for some cheap entertainment the first of the eBay A380 auction items will start ending within the next 45 mins.

The first item is 2 C seats SIN-SYD which is currently sitting at USD13,041.00. 5 more items will close every 10 mins or so thereafter and by the time the sun comes up tomorrow another 15 will have ended.

Some ppl are going to wake up to some very expensive Fathers Days presents tomorrow morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.