Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
I suppose this is the one they will use to hold the auction.
We will have to do the currency conversions ourselves as I don't trust ebay's rates.

Originally Posted by icarius
there is an ebay.com.sg.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:08 pm

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by CDG1
Is this auction going to be only for the one way ticket on the inaugural Singapore-Sydney flight or will it be a roundtrip ticket with a choice of flights on SIA for the return trip according to the booking class that the winners will get?
In yesterday's papers, the ad said that they will be auctioning off both legs so I guess it would be one way tickets?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 1:22 am

Which papers? Have you got any links or could you copy/paste the information here?

We would all like to know!
(at least I do)

Originally Posted by SuperJonJon
In yesterday's papers, the ad said that they will be auctioning off both legs so I guess it would be one way tickets?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:19 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Get ready for the auction. SQ has created a brand new userid at ebay.com.sg .

http://members.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayIS...airlines_sq380
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:42 pm

Could this really be from Singapore Airlines or maybe it comes from just any user?

Anyone can create a username like this on eBay, what do you all think?

Originally Posted by aerosmith
Get ready for the auction. SQ has created a brand new userid at ebay.com.sg .

http://members.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayIS...airlines_sq380
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:25 am

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
First flight is on October 25 SIN-SYD, returning SYD-SIN on October 26 (bid for seats on eBay).

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070816/nyth026.html?.v=101

The SQ A380 will have 471 seats in three classes: economy, business and the new Singapore Airlines Suites -- "a class beyond First".
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:00 am

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
A380 info from FLIGHT magazine

Singapore Airlines reveals delivery date for first Airbus A380
By Nicholas Ionides

Singapore Airlines (SIA) is to take delivery of its first Airbus A380 on 15 October and has set 25 October as the date for the first commercial flight.
Star Alliance carrier SIA says in a statement that the first A380 will be handed over to it by Airbus on 15 October at a ceremony in Toulouse.
It says the first commercial flight, flight SQ380, will depart Singapore on 25 October for Sydney in Australia. It will return to Singapore the following day.
The airline announced recently that it planned to auction tickets for the first commercial flight and says today that bidding will begin on eBay on 27 August.
“Seats in all three classes will be sold progressively, across both legs of the flight,” it says.
“Bids will be staggered to finish at various times over a period of just over two weeks, with the auction cycle being completed on 10 September 2007.”
SIA says its A380s will have 471 seats in three classes. It says that in addition to economy and business classes it will have a “Singapore Airlines Suites” class, which will be “a class beyond first”.
The carrier is scheduled to take delivery of the first four production A380s before the next operators Emirates and Qantas start taking delivery of their A380s in the second half of next year.
SIA was originally due to have taken delivery of its first A380 in the first half of last year but there have been extensive delays to the programme.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:09 am

Hey the inaugural flights will be on my birthday (passport is there to prove it)!
I was born a 25 october at midnight!

I wonder if SQ would offer me a free seat?

Now are all the seats going to be auctioned on both legs or will there also be guests on board the flights (wish they would count me as one)?

More seriously, it looks like this is going to be a complicated auction, much more so than any regular auction that is held on eBay.

Last edited by CDG1; Aug 16, 2007 at 3:33 am
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:41 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Question

Anyone know whether the flights will qualify for mileage/status accrual? The site on eBay doesn't seem to answer that question.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:52 am

Question Candidates for the SQ A380 Inaugural Flights

Hello all,

I think it would be a good idea that we establish a list of the FTers who will be bidding on the auctions to be on the Singapore Arlines inaugural flights.

There is no need that we know how much the individuals will bid as this would create too much competition and some of us don't have the financial means that some others have.

I myself will try my luck on these ebay auctions with some rather modest bids just like a lot of us will.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Aug 16, 2007 at 2:30 pm Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:51 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Here's a blog entry by someone who was part of the test runs for the A380 in Terminal 3 at Changi Airport. The plane didn't fly - it was more dry runs of boarding/disembarking and systems checks.

There are photos, mainly of people and the terminal, not so much the interiors of the plane.

http://dwell-upon-me.blogspot.com/20...tudy-trip.html
Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:59 am

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
A380 first flight: 25-Oct-2007

It's official!
From a Singapore Airlines email I received a short while ago:

Airbus and Singapore Airlines have agreed to a delivery timetable for the first A380 aircraft.

The aircraft is planned for handover by Airbus to Singapore Airlines on Monday 15 October at a ceremony in Toulouse, France.

It will be configured with 471 seats in three classes: Economy, Business and the new Singapore Airlines Suites: a class beyond First.

Within a few days of delivery, the aircraft will fly to Singapore's Changi Airport: the world's first A380 home airport. There will be a short period set aside for crew and ground staff familiarisation.

World aviation history will be made when the Singapore Airlines A380 makes its First Flight - SQ380 - to Sydney's Kingsford Smith Airport on Thursday 25 October, and returns to Singapore on Friday 26 October.

Full story here: http://www.a380.singaporeair.com/con...816/index.html

"Singapore Airlines Suites". So my SQ boarding pass will have "SAS" on it?

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Aug 16, 2007 at 2:28 pm Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:15 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
to bid on ebay you must be prequalified and prepay (?) using your credit card and fill in a form with a lot of information. while interested in bidding for a flight, i must say this is all a bit off putting.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by CDG1
Could this really be from Singapore Airlines or maybe it comes from just any user?

Anyone can create a username like this on eBay, what do you all think?
It is legit...I have just received an email from SQ including a link to that ebay account
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:53 am

Pardon me, Singapore Airlines...

I have re-checked the link. It does look rather serious with the Auctionwire and bank deposit guarantees in order to bid for seats on the inaugural flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.