Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else find the SQ call centre incompetent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone else find the SQ call centre incompetent?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: SQ KF
Exactly.

Back in 2018, the bulkhead seats in J unexpectedly unlocked for about half an hour (about three days before my flight out of SIN).

I called SQ, and they had me in 11K within thirty seconds – now, they won't even bother to do that for you, even if you're non-PPS, and the seat is available to book.

(Had a phone booking in 2019 where SQ were able to this for me).

Rounding things off, wanted to upgrade my PE -> J for my October 2018 flight to SIN, and I got a useless agent who told me there were no commercial seats available (SQ site said four seats).

I hung up, called back, and got a lovely Singaporean agent who said I'd called through to redemptions, and needed to speak with his commercial colleagues, but that he'd take my details, and ensure they called me back.

25 minutes later, they did exactly that, although they EMD'd me $200 for the upgrade, which I found out later on via fare rules, they shouldn't have.

I miss that kind of service – lightyears ahead of what we get now.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
But, I did agree to the total when she came back to me with it, and she did spend considerable time and effort to get my Business Lite fares back, so I'm not making an issue of it.

Left me with mixed feelings over the experience. But will be happy at the surprise for my wife when she gets on the plane and is directed to Business class for such a long flight (she's never flown Business class before.)
Make an issue of it. $100 is $100. I'd call back and complain even if your time is worth more than $100. It's the principle of the matter.

That said, your wife's surprise and delight will surely be worth more than $100! I still remember how much fun we had on our first business class trip together. Those were the days!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Was charged 10 times the price over the price quoted over the phone. Their "team" has to call back. In my follow up call, perhaps I got the same IN guy who could hardly be understood as well.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:33 am

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
The Philippines call center is absolutely atrocious. They can't speak clearly, don't understand anything and definitely can't get any work done. You get (less than) what you pay for. It's bottom of the barrel.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:47 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
yes the SQ call centre is absolutely terrible now after COVID.

Used to be staffed with people who can understand and get stuff done.

just trying to do redemption ticket changes now, and the incompetence hit rate is 100pc.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Wonder if this thread will ever die. Or do we all just get used to subpar service? A new norm perhaps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.