Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:13 pm

How to get hold of Singapore Airline agent

How do I get hold of someone to talk to at Singapore air, tried USA number, Singapore number, waited hours. Sent form / contact us etc. Award ticket needs to be canceled and re-deposit mile and it doesn't let me do that online. Any idea?
jayboo33 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We booked Business Lite tickets from ARN to SIN. These are non refundable. But will SQ change the departure airport, instead of ARN departure we would like to leave from CPH instead as ARN has restrictions for incoming Canadians.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Have there been any whispers on whether SQ/KF will extend the expiry of points again?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Have there been any whispers on whether SQ/KF will extend the expiry of points again?
already extend in Jan.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:54 pm

Is the $75 redeposit fee per reservation? Or per ticket? Aka. I have 5x ppl on my reservation. Would it be 5 x 75 or just a flat $75 e fee?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
already extend in Jan.
Could you point me in the right direction for that info? Tried to find it but no luck.
Had a look on SG site in news but nothing there in Jan. https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...alert-listing/
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Could you point me in the right direction for that info? Tried to find it but no luck.
Had a look on SG site in news but nothing there in Jan. https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...alert-listing/

see below. You should have receive an email on 13/Jan as well.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...020renewal-kf/
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:44 pm

Complicated question on refundability and flight changes. Currently have a OW MLE-SIN-SFO in saver J with a paid stopover. My previous outbound plan fell through and it looks like my best option is now SFO-SIN-MLE, but is currently only available in saver Y. Is there any way to add the new outbound to my itinerary and allow me to be refunded the stopover fee? Is this possible or is this case that: (1) would this only work that the new outbound would need to be J?; (2) would I only be refunded the cash if I cancelled, waited for the points to be redeposited, and then rebooked? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:02 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to change a booking LHR-SIN-KUL to make SIN a stopover paying the $100?

Can I book it as a connecting flight and then contact SQ to change it to a $100 stopover without extra charges? Or do they need to cancel the whole thing and I possibly lose my LHR-SIN seats?

Or should I book LHR-SIN and then try and contact them to add the stopover and continue to KUL?

I really dont want to lose the ticket and its taking hours on the phone.

Thank You
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Does anyone know if it is possible to change a booking LHR-SIN-KUL to make SIN a stopover paying the $100?

Can I book it as a connecting flight and then contact SQ to change it to a $100 stopover without extra charges? Or do they need to cancel the whole thing and I possibly lose my LHR-SIN seats?

Or should I book LHR-SIN and then try and contact them to add the stopover and continue to KUL?

I really dont want to lose the ticket and its taking hours on the phone.

Thank You
it is possible that you lose LHR-SIN if there is only married segments, no individual segment, but unlikely.

Yes. You can call to pay US$100, plus whatever extra departure charges SIN asks for more than transit.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
it is possible that you lose LHR-SIN if there is only married segments, no individual segment, but unlikely.

Yes. You can call to pay US$100, plus whatever extra departure charges SIN asks for more than transit.
Annoyingly I finally got through to someone on live chat who proceeded to refuse to do this as there is no availability LHR-SIN-KUL (even though the last flight is many days apart). There is individual availability for both flights. He simply refused to do it and kept saying that only Advantage was available for the flight I wanted (even though saver was available).

I couldn’t bear to lose the flight so booked LHR-SIN online.

Very frustrating!
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by flayum
Currently have a OW MLE-SIN-SFO in saver J with a paid stopover. My previous outbound plan fell through and it looks like my best option is now SFO-SIN-MLE, but is currently only available in saver Y. Is there any way to add the new outbound to my itinerary and allow me to be refunded the stopover fee?
As a follow-up on this: I was able to create a mixed class RT (saver Y + saver J) over the chat, but I wasn't able to be refunded the cash stopover fee I had previously paid. I was able to add a new stopover on the new outbound segments as the complimentary RT stopover though.

As another edge-case datapoint, I had previously also paid for MLE-SIN-JFK in J which I later changed to MLE-SIN-SFO (4k points fewer). I was told these points are non-refundable and would not be re-deposited. Now that I was adding new segments, I was hoping the 4k 'excess' would be counted against the new debt to be paid (46k). Speaking via chat, I was initially told that this wouldn't be possible and these points are essentially lost forever, but then told this would be escalated and I should contact them again in 3 days. Has anyone been in this situation before?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Annoyingly I finally got through to someone on live chat who proceeded to refuse to do this as there is no availability LHR-SIN-KUL (even though the last flight is many days apart). There is individual availability for both flights. He simply refused to do it and kept saying that only Advantage was available for the flight I wanted (even though saver was available).

I couldn’t bear to lose the flight so booked LHR-SIN online.

Very frustrating!
Just call again and tell them that you need to add SIN-KUL with a paid stopover.
not many agents are familiar with this paid stopover things
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Just call again and tell them that you need to add SIN-KUL with a paid stopover.
not many agents are familiar with this paid stopover things
Thank you, will try again.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by freed0m

You can get any number of seats SIN-KUL for under US$100. If you are looking for a stopover in SIN and can do that under the currents restrictions, why not just pay for a ticket and keep the present itinerary LHR-SIN, as it is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.