Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:14 am

After 2hrs and 26 min waiting on the phone (business class queue) ..... I was kicked off...
No way to get hold of SQ customer service these days it seems ...
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Is Boingo Wi-Fi still accessible on Panasonic Avionics-equipped SQ & TR aircraft?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: AY Plat
a quick question. Have a biz redemption, 2 pax, on BKK-SIN-EWR, was rebooked to SIN-JFK last night. Problem is, that SIN-JFK leaves early in the day, meaning that I cannot connect from BKK on the same day.

Two options I see:
1. Stay overnight at SIN
2. Ask being moved to SIN-FRA-JFK service

For option 1, any chances SQ would cover the hotel? The change is from their end and there is no chance to avoid an overnight stay due to timings.
For option 2, I see that the flight is sold out in biz

What shall I do? Fight it with SQ (if I ever manage to get to the person and not a chatbot) or just accept the change and cover the hotel myself? Lowly KF Gold if that affects he situation.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by GreatDane
Currently in telephone queue having waited 1hr and 45 min (and that is the business class queue) .... still haven't gotten through to a customer service representative....
Have they all gone on strike?
sat on the phone queue for 8hrs on hold before I gave up, basically impossible to reach them at all
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
This has probably been answered a few times before but failed with the search function so sorry about that.

Just wanted to make sure I understood Krisflyer properly: My profile says I require X miles by the end of March 2023 to obtain status Y. Let's say I earn the 50k miles for Gold September 2022. Do I get the Gold until Sept 2023 or March 2024?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:16 am

Reserved booking stys ticketing needed

Hello, i made a reservation EWR-SIN-HYD. booking for 21st April. Booking shows status reserved and seat numbers too. but i get an email saying it needs to be ticketed by April 2nd. on hold for 2 hours. what does it mean?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by VinsTravel
Hello, i made a reservation EWR-SIN-HYD. booking for 21st April. Booking shows status reserved and seat numbers too. but i get an email saying it needs to be ticketed by April 2nd. on hold for 2 hours. what does it mean?
It means you have a reservation but payment has not been made. Did you pay by credit card at the time you made the booking? If so, the payment may not have cleared yet.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:19 am

Complicated stopover/openjaw question. Like many others, I haven't been able to get through to a CSR in a few weeks, so thought I'd ask here to see if I'm wasting my time.

Current award itinerary (all on SQ) is LAX-NRT(stopover)-SIN-MLE // MLE-SIN(cash stopover)-SFO. Looking to change the outbound to LAX-NRT(stopover/openjaw) + KIX-SIN-MLE. The NRT-SIN and KIX-SIN segments are the same price, NRT/KIX in the same region, and would not be backtracking - will this be allowed? Best answers I've found were "try it" and "on A* only"?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by flayum
Complicated stopover/openjaw question. Like many others, I haven't been able to get through to a CSR in a few weeks, so thought I'd ask here to see if I'm wasting my time.

Current award itinerary (all on SQ) is LAX-NRT(stopover)-SIN-MLE // MLE-SIN(cash stopover)-SFO. Looking to change the outbound to LAX-NRT(stopover/openjaw) + KIX-SIN-MLE. The NRT-SIN and KIX-SIN segments are the same price, NRT/KIX in the same region, and would not be backtracking - will this be allowed? Best answers I've found were "try it" and "on A* only"?

did not remember there is openjaw, only stopover for US$100 extra.
flayum likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Are upgrades with KrisFlyer miles per segment or for the whole route? I am looking at a booking from SFO - SIN - BKK all on one ticket. The award chart (https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...radeCharts.pdf) lists some routes are for non-stop only, but it doesn't seem like the US West to Thailand zone is counted under that.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Saw a Sam Chui YouTube video in which he flew DXB-SIN-BKK and at one point he said welcome drinks (in business) are gone, are they really gone...?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:12 am

What do blocked seats on ExpertFlyer mean for a flight departing in less than 3 days? Last week, in Y, there appeared to be about 90 blocked seats and around 80 occupied (on SQ 25, A380), which I understand, blocking for FF members, children, wheelchair, second leg of flight, etc. but suddenly, less than 3 days before departure they've blocked off 200+ seats. Will these seats actually be occupied (say by people who haven't chosen seats?) or is it something else? (I know 150 people didn't just suddenly book a flight 4 days out). Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
did not remember there is openjaw, only stopover for US$100 extra.
Do you think a same-city airport change would work (eg. NRT => HND or EWR => JFK) as part of the stopover? The previous thread had speculated that was possible, but never got an update.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by flayum
Do you think a same-city airport change would work (eg. NRT => HND or EWR => JFK) as part of the stopover? The previous thread had speculated that was possible, but never got an update.
don’t think so. It has to be booked as an award, then add stopover.

no such awards exist with airport change.
flayum likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:57 pm

I booked a United award ticket on SQ and one of the legs booked into (K) class, is that not a bit odd? All of the other legs are X and afford me a free seat selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.