Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
Wow, I didn't think SQ is this horrible, but simply adding a FF# is basically impossible.
I tried multiple times calling the USA nr, and other country numbers and have gotten the following reasons:
- UA isn't in Star Alliance
- Your Krisflyer number is wrong (giving them my UA one)
- You need to call up UA to add it (not if I am flying SQ)
- United Airlines doesn't exist
I can't add it during online check-in, I can't add it online in MMB.

What is going on? Is SQ that bad with their system that they can't do a simple task like add a FF#?
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I noticed the same issue on my end. Sent them an email over a week ago but not holding my breath.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Cris
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I noticed the same issue on my end. Sent them an email over a week ago but not holding my breath.
I did it at the airport and had the check-in agent also fix my other PNR
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Cris
I booked a United award ticket on SQ and one of the legs booked into (K) class, is that not a bit odd? All of the other legs are X and afford me a free seat selection.
Is this at initial ticketing or did some time elapse between ticketing and you noticing? If the latter normally it is SQ schedule/ equipment change, didn't load X inventory before the system auto-protected you into K. If initial ticketing I have no idea.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:53 pm

I am flying SEA-YVR-SIN-DPS.......I have a 20 hr overnight in SIN. Will my checked bag go all the way through or will I have to pick it up in SIN and re-check in?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Is this at initial ticketing or did some time elapse between ticketing and you noticing? If the latter normally it is SQ schedule/ equipment change, didn't load X inventory before the system auto-protected you into K. If initial ticketing I have no idea.
Yeah, it was on initial ticketing.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by anchtiger
I am flying SEA-YVR-SIN-DPS.......I have a 20 hr overnight in SIN. Will my checked bag go all the way through or will I have to pick it up in SIN and re-check in?
If the itinerary is all on one ticket and, especially, if both YVR-SIN and SIN-DPS are with SQ then luggage can be thru checked.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:45 am

Hello! Does anyone know how Economy class is on SQ's 737 MAX? I'm flying SFO-SIN-CCU and the SIN-CCU is operated by 7M8 and it's around 4 hrs long. I wish it still were the a350s (or at least a330) like in old times. QR has also started flying their a359s to CCU on some days, but SQ was one-half the price of QR / EK. Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Hi. Could anybody enlighten me as to if I cancel an award booking how long it should take for my krisflyer miles to reappear in my account?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:42 am

@MEL-World

Okay good to know. Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by MEL-World
If the itinerary is all on one ticket and, especially, if both YVR-SIN and SIN-DPS are with SQ then luggage can be thru checked.
I have another question...I have a 18 hr layover in SIN....can I immigrate into Singapore (assuming I have all the paperwork to enter) and not have to retest for covid before flying from SIN to DPS since this is all on 1 ticket?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by anchtiger
I have another question...I have a 18 hr layover in SIN....can I immigrate into Singapore (assuming I have all the paperwork to enter) and not have to retest for covid before flying from SIN to DPS since this is all on 1 ticket?
yes. If you have already gotten the boarding pass for SIN-DPS at YVR and your luggage is check through.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Sayantan97
Hello! Does anyone know how Economy class is on SQ's 737 MAX? I'm flying SFO-SIN-CCU and the SIN-CCU is operated by 7M8 and it's around 4 hrs long. I wish it still were the a350s (or at least a330) like in old times. QR has also started flying their a359s to CCU on some days, but SQ was one-half the price of QR / EK. Thanks!

it is same seat at the 787 and newer A350 with IFE.

you can search YouTube for some review.
Sayantan97 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:06 pm
Mul

Originally Posted by MEL-World
Would the luggage also checked through if the layover is more than 24 hours but less than 48 hours ? I'd be arriving around 6am and then leave the next day around 10am.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by Mul
Would the luggage also checked through if the layover is more than 24 hours but less than 48 hours ? I'd be arriving around 6am and then leave the next day around 10am.
Short answer, no.
24 hours is the limit. Otherwise your luggage could be loaded on the same flight on the day you arrive with the same flight number.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Hi All - does anybody know whether showers are available in Krisflyer Lounge T3? Especially in this (still) covid times...
Flying LX F, I presume that is the lounge we will end up in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.