FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions: 2022-
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:17 am
flayum

Originally Posted by flayum
Currently have a OW MLE-SIN-SFO in saver J with a paid stopover. My previous outbound plan fell through and it looks like my best option is now SFO-SIN-MLE, but is currently only available in saver Y. Is there any way to add the new outbound to my itinerary and allow me to be refunded the stopover fee?
As a follow-up on this: I was able to create a mixed class RT (saver Y + saver J) over the chat, but I wasn't able to be refunded the cash stopover fee I had previously paid. I was able to add a new stopover on the new outbound segments as the complimentary RT stopover though.

As another edge-case datapoint, I had previously also paid for MLE-SIN-JFK in J which I later changed to MLE-SIN-SFO (4k points fewer). I was told these points are non-refundable and would not be re-deposited. Now that I was adding new segments, I was hoping the 4k 'excess' would be counted against the new debt to be paid (46k). Speaking via chat, I was initially told that this wouldn't be possible and these points are essentially lost forever, but then told this would be escalated and I should contact them again in 3 days. Has anyone been in this situation before?