Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:51 pm

Changing the dates on SQ paid ticket

Has anyone else run into issues when changing the dates on a SQ paid ticket?

The website shows the same fare class "W" is available for purchase on a new ticket for a total cost of $300 less than what I paid for my original 4 tickets.

SQ website "Manage my trip" -> "Change flight" feature refuses to show "W" inventory and instead shows "H" and "Q" (worse mileage earning, etc) - and states I need to pay ~$12 to make the change.

SQ call center was unable to switch the dates and claimed "taxes" are different between my original trip date and the new trip date - yet I calculated the total paid on my original ticket compared to the taxes on a new ticket and the amounts were within $2. They further claimed that even though "W" inventory is available for a new ticket, they are unable to use that inventory for an existing ticket.

I'm utterly confused and have concluded the following: 1) SQ's website withholds inventory for ticket changes; 2) SQ's outsourced agents are given no leeway from SQ management to override system issues; 3) SQ's lack of flexibility in this instance is costing them $$$ as the ticket prices for my original dates have gone up 50%, and the new dates I want are currently pricing cheaper than what I paid - so it should also be in their best interest to accommodate my request
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by mjt49
Has anyone else run into issues when changing the dates on a SQ paid ticket?

The website shows the same fare class "W" is available for purchase on a new ticket for a total cost of $300 less than what I paid for my original 4 tickets.

SQ website "Manage my trip" -> "Change flight" feature refuses to show "W" inventory and instead shows "H" and "Q" (worse mileage earning, etc) - and states I need to pay ~$12 to make the change.

SQ call center was unable to switch the dates and claimed "taxes" are different between my original trip date and the new trip date - yet I calculated the total paid on my original ticket compared to the taxes on a new ticket and the amounts were within $2. They further claimed that even though "W" inventory is available for a new ticket, they are unable to use that inventory for an existing ticket.

I'm utterly confused and have concluded the following: 1) SQ's website withholds inventory for ticket changes; 2) SQ's outsourced agents are given no leeway from SQ management to override system issues; 3) SQ's lack of flexibility in this instance is costing them $$$ as the ticket prices for my original dates have gone up 50%, and the new dates I want are currently pricing cheaper than what I paid - so it should also be in their best interest to accommodate my request
There is usually a rule around ticket changes about the new base fare being equal or higher in value to what you paid. As such, you will not be able to change to any fare that results in a lower base fare to what you originally paid (irregardless of whether the fare class is the same or not).

This is the rule I'm talking about (from a sample SQ fare rule):
THE NEW BASE FARE MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN
THE ORIGINAL BASE FARE FOLLOWING ANY TICKET
CHANGES.
This is definitely not unique to SQ as I know almost every QF fare has this rule. Not sure about the other airlines but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case.
bent and Edvard like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by a340-313x
There is usually a rule around ticket changes about the new base fare being equal or higher in value to what you paid. As such, you will not be able to change to any fare that results in a lower base fare to what you originally paid (irregardless of whether the fare class is the same or not).

This is the rule I'm talking about (from a sample SQ fare rule):

This is definitely not unique to SQ as I know almost every QF fare has this rule. Not sure about the other airlines but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case.
If true - that would explain why the W inventory isn’t showing up for the date change.

One would hope SQ could train their call center agents better to recognize this rather than offering red herring explanations that the issue is due to “taxes”. And it wouldn’t hurt to explain this on the website as well when trying to change a flight.

Lastly - this is an American-centric view: but I’m not aware of any major US carrier which has a similar rule. If there’s inventory in the same fare bucket for the new date, you can make the change - and often get a refund as well if the fare is lower for the new dates in the same fare bucket.

Last edited by mjt49; Sep 23, 2022 at 10:14 am
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi, when is Book the Cook available? I have a ticket issued by Lufthansa with SQ-segments for SIN - MEL and SYD - SIN in Business. Manage My Booking says that I will be able to choose a meal 7 days before departure. I thought that Book the Cook would be available way earlier than 7 days?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Are there currently any covid regulations in place with SQ? Flying SIN-BKK next month

Had two vax shots but the most recent is over a year ago...
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Enskie
Hi, when is Book the Cook available? I have a ticket issued by Lufthansa with SQ-segments for SIN - MEL and SYD - SIN in Business. Manage My Booking says that I will be able to choose a meal 7 days before departure. I thought that Book the Cook would be available way earlier than 7 days?
You should be able to use Book the cook as soon as you book your flight. My understanding is the choose the meal option that opens 7 days before the flight is to allow you to pre-select meals that will be available on the flight outside of the BTC options.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by Enskie
Welcome to the world of Lufthansa, if it is ticketed by Lufthansa yet you are on Singapore metal you cannot Book The Cook at any stage of the booking, it does not save when you select the meals, this happened to me early August a couple of months ago SIN-SYD

This can be resolved by Singapore Airlines but unfortunately they chose to do nothing about it.

Lucky the offerings on Singapore Air are a very good selection.

Last edited by robertr; Oct 2, 2022 at 12:55 am Reason: Added further detail
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I suspect my question has been previously asked and answered and lies buried in another thread, but here goes. Is there an annual limit on the number of points you can transfer to your KF account from a CC partner (Chase UR, Amex, etc)..... and if there is a limit, is it the limit for your KF account, or is it a limit per the source of the transfer (eg... can I maximize the pts transferred in a year by transferring from multiple CC's? thanks
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by finlandbased
Are there currently any covid regulations in place with SQ? Flying SIN-BKK next month

Had two vax shots but the most recent is over a year ago...
Only COVID restrictions are those of your destination.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Just checking if anyone has any datapoint recently on how long the refund will be made to the credit card account upon cancellation online via SQ website on a J class SQ flight flex commercial ticket which is refundable for a fee? Thanks for sharing!
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: Alaska 75K
Tomorrow my wife and I are flying LAX to DPS. Our flight from LAX to SIN is in paid PE. Yesterday I accepted an upgrade via mySQupgrade for the SIN-DPS segment Y to J. I assume we will have lounge access in SIN, but my question is can we access the Star Alliance Lounge in LAX at the beginning of our journey since part of our itinerary is now in business? We do not have status with SQ.

Worst case is we have access to the AMEX Lounge at LAX.

Look forward to any answers or opinions!
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:13 pm

Quick question about lounge access at Changi: I知 flying in on an ANA Premium Economy award ticket (SEA-NRT-SIN), arriving at 00:50 and connecting on a (separate) SQ economy ticket to Hanoi, departing at 09:00 the same day.

1. Which lounge should I use at SIN?
2. Does it have any sort of sleeping arrangements?

I am *A Gold (Gold on United, though I might hit Platinum before my flight) and I have an Amex Platinum card.

Bonus question: will ANA check my bag through to Hanoi, or do I have to pick it up in SIN? They池e both *A, so I知 hoping they値l be able to interline the bag.

Last edited by ravisurdhar; Oct 17, 2022 at 9:26 am
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by ravisurdhar
Quick question about lounge access at Changi: I知 flying in on an ANA Premium Economy award ticket (SEA-NRT-SIN), arriving at 00:50 and connecting on a SQ economy ticket to Hanoi, departing at 09:00 the same day.

1. Which lounge should I use at SIN?
2. Does it have any sort of sleeping arrangements?

I am *A Gold (Gold on United, though I might hit Platinum before my flight) and I have an Amex Platinum card.

Bonus question: will ANA check my bag through to Hanoi, or do I have to pick it up in SIN? They池e both *A, so I知 hoping they値l be able to interline the bag.
for the luggage , if ANA did not check through, you just go to the transfer counter at the transit area and they should be able to help on this.

for lounge access, not so sure though
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:15 am

I have a reservation with SQ. Can't find a way to enter my UA MP number in the reservation. There is only a place to put in your SQ account number. Suggestions? Or do I need to call?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:01 am

FRA-JFK Promo for Nov 28,29

Do they block out the double beds or am I just too slow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.