Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I have a flexible air ticket class allowing free change. SQ stated that PE is fully booked and I confirmed by doing a dummy booking. I have no problem flying economy but the agent stated I could not down grade. I will follow up, as you suggested, closer to departure. It is summer season in Australia and around the holidays is a peak travel.
technically should be able to downgrade to economy via ticket reissuance, but SQ is not going to refund you any difference. That's the policy. They only collect top ups.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by kjll
Hi, I'm trying to understand if it's possible to optimize my award redemption for a mixed cabin booking. Here's what I'd like to accomplish (dates are an example): MLE-SIN in J on Tues 8/9, SIN-LAX in F on Sat 8/13. I'm currently on the waitlist for the SIN-LAX 8/13 flight and wanted to see what my options are for the MLE-SIN leg before transferring over the additional points for a separate redemption. TIA!
shouldn't you just book MLE-LAX with SIN as a stopover (since <30 days stopover in SIN)? might save some miles. But again, all this subject to award space availability. Note that for OW award with stopover, can only select Advantage award. If you want complimentary stopover in Saver, it has to be RT.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by shadowhyde
Hi Brain Trust, I have a super strange question to ask - would appreciate any input!
I am currently holding a Gold Velocity and a Gold Star Alliance with Thai (Royal Orchid Plus).
I have a trip planned (SYD-SIN-BKK return).
If I can accumulate enough Status Credits after the first two legs to my destination to retain my Velocity Gold, can I change my Frequent Flyer detail on the return leg to credit my miles towards ROP as I'm flying with Singapore Airlines?

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but it involes three parties. (VA, SQ, TG)
You should be able to change your reward program details at check in. I don't know if you can do it online before that.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Is SIN>ZHR supposed to run on an A380 or are they fully over to the 777-300? I'm looking at SQ 346 for next year, trying to see if I can get any lucky F redemptions for one of the new suite set ups to position my way back to the states.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
Is SIN>ZHR supposed to run on an A380 or are they fully over to the 777-300? I'm looking at SQ 346 for next year, trying to see if I can get any lucky F redemptions for one of the new suite set ups to position my way back to the states.
They’ve confirmed their schedule up until 25th March 2023. Zurich is scheduled to have a 777 until then. They may change the aircraft when they release the schedule for 25th March onwards.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:38 pm

SQ Boarding Pass

Hi all, I’ll be travelling LHR to SIN via FRA, on a ticket issued by Lufthansa. The flight to FRA will be on LH and then my flight from FRA to SIN will be on SQ A380 Suites (all on one ticket).
My inner AvGeek is hoping to get a SQ Suites boarding pass to keep as a souvenir.
Am I correct in thinking I can only use the Lufthansa check in at LHR to receive my physical boarding passes and not the Singapore Airlines check in, even though I’ll be flying SQ for the majority of my trip and they’re both *A?
If not, I wondered if anyone can advise if there’s a SQ ticket desk in Frankfurt transit area where I could possibly request a gold Suites boarding pass? Or perhaps at the gate?

Last edited by traveluxe; Aug 13, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
SQ26 and SQ25, can we check in together?

In October my wife and daughter will fly SQ25 FRA to SIN in J (departure 12.30). On the same day I will fly SQ26 from FRA to JFK in F (departure 8.35). Can we check in at the same moment? My wife and daughter will join me airside and they will wait longer in the Air Canada lounge.
My guess is this will be no problem at all, but just double checking.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
The A380 won't be coming back to ZRH -- they just do not have enough 380s to operate all pre-covid destinations, which previously got the 380. This was confirmed verbally at a recent SQ event in Europe for their FF. The spring 23 set-up still needs to be confirmed, but will most likely have the 77W as is currently reflected in their timetables (the other option wld be a A359, which I doubt since ZRH is a premium, ie high-yield cash, market).

If you want A380, the main routes are London, FRA/JFK, India, Sydney. The current 380 schedule will give you a good indication as to where it will be deployed next spring. One caveat, large institutions, like football clubs, etc, do on occasion charter the 380 for events (as happened recently when Liverpool FC had their tour in Singapore). In tt event, the 380 could be swapped out for likely a 777W. But as you can imagine, these situations are rare.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by traveluxe
Hi all, I’ll be travelling LHR to SIN via FRA, on a ticket issued by Lufthansa. The flight to FRA will be on LH and then my flight from FRA to SIN will be on SQ A380 Suites (all on one ticket).
My inner AvGeek is hoping to get a SQ Suites boarding pass to keep as a souvenir.
Am I correct in thinking I can only use the Lufthansa check in at LHR to receive my physical boarding passes and not the Singapore Airlines check in, even though I’ll be flying SQ for the majority of my trip and they’re both *A?
If not, I wondered if anyone can advise if there’s a SQ ticket desk in Frankfurt transit area where I could possibly request a gold Suites boarding pass? Or perhaps at the gate?
You will need to check in with LH in LHR as they issued the ticket. However, you can get a SQ BP issued at gate in FRA. The color-coded SQ BP fulfill a specific function, namely they allow CC to readily identify your class of travel and direct / walk you to your seat.

I hv had SQ staff approach me proactively in the past at outstations and give me a SQ BP when they knew previously I got a generic star BP, precisely for this reason.

Also, if you want the SQ BP as souvenir, make sure you show the LH issued BP when boarding your SQ flight at the gate — just in case the ground agents tear it and return the stub

Last edited by RayG; Aug 14, 2022 at 7:19 am
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by RayG
You will need to check in with LH in LHR as they issued the ticket. However, you can get a SQ BP issued at gate in FRA. The color-coded SQ BP fulfill a specific function, namely they allow CC to readily identify your class of travel and direct / walk you to your seat.

I hv had SQ staff approach me proactively in the past at outstations and give me a SQ BP when they knew previously I got a generic star BP, precisely for this reason.

Also, if you want the SQ BP as souvenir, make sure you show the LH issued BP when boarding your SQ flight at the gate — just in case the ground agents tear it and return the stub
This is so helpful. Thank you! Since I will have over 2 hours layover in FRA I wondered whether it would be worth exiting immigration and “checking in” at the SQ desks to receive my gold Suites boarding pass…
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by traveluxe
This is so helpful. Thank you! Since I will have over 2 hours layover in FRA I wondered whether it would be worth exiting immigration and “checking in” at the SQ desks to receive my gold Suites boarding pass…
No need. I would just be at the SQ gate a little early. A 2 hr lay-over is not tt much to transit through FRA in the grand scheme of things as you could always be delayed out of LHR. As you are arriving from a non-Shengen destination on LH, you might very likely be deposited at B gates which is right in the same area where SQ flights leave from. If not, you would need to make your way from Z gates to B gates (however, you should be able to avoid passport control and another security check). The staff at the SQ will be more than happy to print you a new BP. They should be there the whole time as SQ25 arrives 10am’ish from JFK and leaves at 12:30pm for SIN.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
No need. I would just be at the SQ gate a little early. A 2 hr lay-over is not tt much to transit through FRA in the grand scheme of things as you could always be delayed out of LHR. As you are arriving from a non-Shengen destination on LH, you might very likely be deposited at B gates which is right in the same area where SQ flights leave from. If not, you would need to make your way from Z gates to B gates (however, you should be able to avoid passport control and another security check). The staff at the SQ will be more than happy to print you a new BP. They should be there the whole time as SQ25 arrives 10am’ish from JFK and leaves at 12:30pm for SIN.
If one arrives at the Z gates, there is a security check to pass to get to the B gates. There is a transit desk by gate B41 as well that SQ uses prior to the gate opening. Not sure about the boarding pass stock though at the transit desk...have to say that lately I rarely see SQ color boarding passes. Definitely DO NOT enter Germany to go landside... security and passport control can be lengthy (I just did it 2 weeks ago).
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
If one arrives at the Z gates, there is a security check to pass to get to the B gates. There is a transit desk by gate B41 as well that SQ uses prior to the gate opening. Not sure about the boarding pass stock though at the transit desk...have to say that lately I rarely see SQ color boarding passes. Definitely DO NOT enter Germany to go landside... security and passport control can be lengthy (I just did it 2 weeks ago).
I believe there is a transit bus you can take between Z and B gates, IIRC (similar to the one between B and A gates), which allows you to skip security at FRA. I agree, I would not enter Germany. The SQ gate agents at B4X, should be able to help you out tho for SQ BPs.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:08 am

The A380 won't be coming back to ZRH -- they just do not have enough 380s to operate all pre-covid destinations, which previously got the 380. This was confirmed verbally at a recent SQ event in Europe for their FF. The spring 23 set-up still needs to be confirmed, but will most likely have the 77W as is currently reflected in their timetables (the other option wld be a A359, which I doubt since ZRH is a premium, ie high-yield cash, market).

If you want A380, the main routes are London, FRA/JFK, India, Sydney. The current 380 schedule will give you a good indication as to where it will be deployed next spring. One caveat, large institutions, like football clubs, etc, do on occasion charter the 380 for events (as happened recently when Liverpool FC had their tour in Singapore). In tt event, the 380 could be swapped out for likely a 777W. But as you can imagine, these situations are rare.
there might be one more route with A380 after the last two A380 are refitted.

FRA/JFK need 3 aircraft

LHR need 3 aircraft to run 2 daily A380.
Del/Bom need 2 aircraft as well.
syd. Need 1.
so total 9.
Keeping 1 As spare. So should have 2 more to be deploy. But the refit is taking very long time.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
there might be one more route with A380 after the last two A380 are refitted.

FRA/JFK need 3 aircraft

LHR need 3 aircraft to run 2 daily A380.
Del/Bom need 2 aircraft as well.
syd. Need 1.
so total 9.
Keeping 1 As spare. So should have 2 more to be deploy. But the refit is taking very long time.
Quite, tho suspect it might be CN or JP, depending on when they open up. The delay in re-fit might work to SQ advantage to wait and see. Personally, would love to see LAX via NRT get it but doubt the remaining two would be sufficient.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.