Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Lakesider52
I have been tracking fares between LHR to MNL on SIA for the last couple of months in "Economy Lite" class for mid Jan2023 to mid Feb 2023
but all I can find is "Economy Flexi" fares at an extortionate GBP1885. On Facebook, SIA responded to a query by stating they have probably sold out that fare category, but I am sceptical as that has never happened in previous years. Can anyone throw any light on this?

Chinese New Year is a factor also. CNY is around 21/1. So the price before this date should be higher.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Was wondering how some experienced FTers would rank list SQ lounges in Europe. Will be flying ORD to ?? (Europe) and connecting to SQ. Anticipating a more than nominal connection time, so would like to have a lounge worth spending the time in. Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Brostman
Was wondering how some experienced FTers would rank list SQ lounges in Europe. Will be flying ORD to ?? (Europe) and connecting to SQ. Anticipating a more than nominal connection time, so would like to have a lounge worth spending the time in. Thanks
The only true SQ lounge in Europe is at LHR which includes an F lounge. All other lounges are partner/contract and mostly nothing to write home about.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:00 am

SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK in early Jan: can I get off the plane in FRA?

Hiya,

I'm flying SQ26 from SIN to JFK via FRA in J on Jan 12 or so, and I want to get off in Frankfurt since I picked up something to do in Austria for a week.
  • This is award travel
  • I called Singapore Airlines and asked about re-booking the FRA-JFK leg to be a week later (there is plenty of J award availability), but they said they couldn't do it since they couldn't book the SIN-FRA leg. Which doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense since I'm on that plane anyway...
  • I'm now considering just getting off the plane in FRA with my carry-on (my wife can handle the checked bag since she's going on to JFK on a separate PNR). I called to ask if we'd be able to get off the plane and stretch our legs, but the agent said no--that it was just a short refueling stop. This seems false to me since I can book separate tickets SIN-FRA and FRA-JFK...!
  • What the hell is going on here? Should I just book a separate award ticket FRA-JFK for a week later and abandon the itinerary halfway through??
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, KF Elite Gold, GHA Black
Anyone tried flying with two tickets (one way one award J and one return commercial Y) on the same flight and able to check in at the airport? The Y ticket was given to me foc and would like to use the return leg of it. Will the counter allow me to check in both tickets on the same flight?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by qwerty54321
Hiya,

I'm flying SQ26 from SIN to JFK via FRA in J on Jan 12 or so, and I want to get off in Frankfurt since I picked up something to do in Austria for a week.
  • This is award travel
  • I called Singapore Airlines and asked about re-booking the FRA-JFK leg to be a week later (there is plenty of J award availability), but they said they couldn't do it since they couldn't book the SIN-FRA leg. Which doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense since I'm on that plane anyway...
  • I'm now considering just getting off the plane in FRA with my carry-on (my wife can handle the checked bag since she's going on to JFK on a separate PNR). I called to ask if we'd be able to get off the plane and stretch our legs, but the agent said no--that it was just a short refueling stop. This seems false to me since I can book separate tickets SIN-FRA and FRA-JFK...!
  • What the hell is going on here? Should I just book a separate award ticket FRA-JFK for a week later and abandon the itinerary halfway through??
1) Make sure to check ALL your checked bags under your wifes name then. And prepare to pay up, if she doesn't have enough allowance. Any bag under your name will be offloaded (and delay the departure) in FRA if you don't board.

2) I'm not entirely sure if you're supposed to leave the aircraft. I only know about EK who operates such flights where you can book only parts of it, and where you're sometimes supposed to get off (like at SIN on MEL-SIN-DXB) and re-board, and sometimes stay onboard (like MLE at CMB-MLE-DXB)
You could probably "sneak off" even if you're supposed to stay onboard, or claim massive pain/headache and that you're unfit to fly if they insist you stay onboard.
However, depending on your passport, that might create some paperwork. With a Schengen/EU passport, probably no problem. Anything else, and authorities might want to get informed.. this might be very well the same no matter if you get off the plane without problems as everyone needs to... if you're not supposed to cross immigration (and without holding a "local" passport), lights might go on.

In short: Check baggage under wifes name. If EU passport holder, I suppose no further problems and you can pull it off. Otherwise, might take a while (but probably still able to pull it off)
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by webbyboy
Anyone tried flying with two tickets (one way one award J and one return commercial Y) on the same flight and able to check in at the airport? The Y ticket was given to me foc and would like to use the return leg of it. Will the counter allow me to check in both tickets on the same flight?
You (probably) won't have issues to checkin at the airport for both tickets.

The only way it might work - but I STRONGLY advise against doing it - would be to board the flight with your Y ticket (which has a return segment, so it won't get voided) and then take your J seat.

Passenger count will be correct in this case, at least if they count the whole plane and not in classes..

Best case, they'll figure out that one J pax checked in but never made the boarding. On "smarter" airports, they might also notice the J pax never made it through security, either. DO NOT use your J boarding pass for lounge access.

Without checked luggage, they might call you (or not even that) a few times and then close the gate and that's the end.

Worst case, they count pax in each class, figure out one J pax too much and one Y too little, assume a self-upgrader, and start check the cabin.. that could get you in some trouble.. unclear, how badly..

So, my advise is not to do it.

But if you do, please report back
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
1) (and delay the departure) in FRA if you don't board.

2) I'm not entirely sure if you're supposed to leave the aircraft.
All pax are required to disembark the aircraft at FRA. As SQ will have checked you in at Changi to JFK (if I recall correctly one boarding pass for the 2 segment flight), you may cause a slight delay as FRA ground staff look for you. Up to you though.

One other thought, you didn't state if this is a roundtrip. If it is and you plan to return from JFK to SIN on SQ, you might forfeit the return because of the no show in FRA.

​​​​​​
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:34 am

Thanks for the information. It is a round-trip, but this is the second part so nothing to forfeit. I wonder if they would be upset enough to cancel the award travel on a different PNR weeks later, though.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:10 am

I used kris-flyer miles to book a business class flight all on Singapore Air metal for my spouse. The flight leaves around 11pm on a Sunday.
There is a possibility I'll have to cancel this, but I won't know till that day, say till around 6-7pm, so only 4-5 hours before the flight.

Is there a latest time-limit on when I can cancel this ticket and get my miles redeposited? 1 hour before departure, 3 hours before departure? I see the cancel button online right now, does that cancel option get disabled at some point? I'll be international so want to avoid issues with long phone wait times, if the cancel button gets disabled is there a non-phone way to get this cancelled (twitter/chat etc?). Also as an SQ Gold will the redeposit fee be waived (even though my spouse has no status, my miles were used to make the booking).
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Also as an SQ Gold will the redeposit fee be waived (even though my spouse has no status, my miles were used to make the booking).
No, unless you have a medical exception, you will have to pay redeposit fee.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by qwerty54321
Thanks for the information. It is a round-trip, but this is the second part so nothing to forfeit. I wonder if they would be upset enough to cancel the award travel on a different PNR weeks later, though.
for round trip award, you should be able to add the stopover. Just call and ask again.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Checking in for a flight and I think I already added my Lufthansa Miles & More # to the booking ... but the on line check-in only has an option for Krisflyer and then says I have to link by LH account to my Krisflyer account .. I did this ( bit painful and I've only done it for one passenger so far!) and I can add my KF number to the booking .. but does this auto credit to Lufthansa then or is there something else ? ... Seems a bit overly complicated ?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Hello all,

Can anyone confirm with the COVID flight credit policy and extensions, if SQ are allowing people to use their credits for flights after 31 December 2022.

It seems a bit a draconian, but maybe I am reading the email wrong.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
How long does it take to get upgraded from silver to gold with the infinite journeys program?
it's been almost 2 months now and I should maybe write them an email? Which mail would be the best for that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.