Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:24 pm

Want to make sure I'm understanding mixed-cabin bookings properly.

Currently looking at booking PER-SIN-SFO with PE and upgrading to J. Obviously no PE on PER-SIN.

Does this mean that the cost to upgrade to J would be calculated separately as in 32k for PER-SIN (Economy Standard to Biz upgrade) and then 64.5k for SIN-SFO (PE to Biz upgrade) for a total of 96.5k points? This seems a bit odd to me as it would be more than the cost of the "combined" upgrade from Economy Standard to Business per the chart (94.5k) even though I booked PE for the biggest segment or of course the "combined" cost of Premium Economy Standard to Business (64.5k).

Last edited by victoremsemper; Jan 9, 2023 at 7:26 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by KapalTerbang
Hello,

I am flying in business class on a paid ticket this summer on UA and SQ, ticketed by SQ with the USA legs codeshared by SQ on UA metal. My itinerary has 4 segments:

Dep.
1. BWI-LAX-SIN
2. SIN-KUL

Ret.
3. KUL-SIN
4. SIN-LAX-BWI

All of this is on the same ticket with the same PNR. I booked it this way as it turned out to be much cheaper than BWI-LAX-SIN-KUL as a single segment.

I was wondering if I will be able to check my luggage through to KUL on my departure, even through my flight from SIN-KUL is on a separate segment from my BWI-LAX segment.
Also, I was wondering if there will be problems in case of delays etc.

Thanks in advance!
how long is between LAX-SIN n SIN-KUL flight ?
do you mean you book multi city instead of Round trip ?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:35 am

Hello,

On my SQ AMS-SIN flight booked via LH Miles & More currently all the bulkhead C seats on the A350 are blocked out when I look at seat selection either at LH.com or SQ.com. However according to expertflyer, the bulkhead seats in the smaller C cabin is still free. So I assume that these seats are currently blocked for potential status holders.

Is there a special time when SQ usually unblocks these seats? Like at Online-Checkin, or shortly before that?

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Hello,

On my SQ AMS-SIN flight booked via LH Miles & More currently all the bulkhead C seats on the A350 are blocked out when I look at seat selection either at LH.com or SQ.com. However according to expertflyer, the bulkhead seats in the smaller C cabin is still free. So I assume that these seats are currently blocked for potential status holders.

Is there a special time when SQ usually unblocks these seats? Like at Online-Checkin, or shortly before that?

Thanks!
usually 48hrs before the flight (ie when online check in open)
Old Jan 14, 2023, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Fyfan
Are there any possible ways to upgrade on a SQ flight ticketed by a different airline (in my case LH group)? Or is a paid check in upgrade and mySQupgrade upgrades restricted to passengers on a SQ ticketed itinerary?
i asked a similar question for a NZ ticketed SQ flight = apparently not. You'd have to try at a check-in/transfer counter. I'll let you know in Feb if you don't have a different answer D:

or you attempt to pay the fare difference with LH, or Star alliance upgrade request
Fyfan likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
how long is between LAX-SIN n SIN-KUL flight ?
do you mean you book multi city instead of Round trip ?
Thanks for the follow up. I booked it as a multicity booking. I have about 6 hrs between the LAX-SIN and SIN-KUL flights.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 11:36 pm

Thats really so annoying. What is even the point of codeshares
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: United Global Services, BA Gold, KrisFlyer Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Hi folks, turning to the wisdom of the crowd as I am very new to Singapore KrisFlyer

I have 126K KrisFlyer miles and I'm looking to book a one way reward flight from SIN to LHR in Suites (which in the Saver bucket appears to be 142K), two questions around this:

What's the best strategy folks know for beating the waitlist for these fares?
What is my most efficient way to get the final 16K miles I need to make the booking?

Many thanks
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Without calling SQ, is it possible to reserve a ticket online for say 1 week for a revenue J class booking?

last time I called they said it was a one time exception for 4 J class bookings.

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by intunderflow
I have 126K KrisFlyer miles and I'm looking to book a one way reward flight from SIN to LHR in Suites (which in the Saver bucket appears to be 142K), two questions around this:

What's the best strategy folks know for beating the waitlist for these fares?
No strategy. Find availability when there's no waitlist and grab it. These days, F waitlists (especially if you don't have status) are unlikely to clear.

What is my most efficient way to get the final 16K miles I need to make the booking?
Fly? Or transfer from credit card partners.

Last edited by hdogan; Jan 17, 2023 at 12:21 am Reason: Formatting...
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by KapalTerbang
Thanks for the follow up. I booked it as a multicity booking. I have about 6 hrs between the LAX-SIN and SIN-KUL flights.
SQ will check through even if it is separate ticket (SQ/SQ). So no issue.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm traveling PEN-SIN on Scoot, then SQ on a separate ticket SIN-REP, with a 2.5 hour connection. Will I be able to check my bag through to REP?
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
I'm traveling PEN-SIN on Scoot, then SQ on a separate ticket SIN-REP, with a 2.5 hour connection. Will I be able to check my bag through to REP?
I replied to you on this in another thread. My recent experience (11 Jan HKT-SIN) is that Scoot will not handle this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
scoot website indicate bag check through not possible for separate booking. Unless you book the two trips together at scoot/SQ.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Any experiences with paying for bulkhead row 31 on A350 premium economy for SFO-SIN day flight? Is it worth it when traveling as a couple? Alternative is to fly the middle seats because no other two seat combination remains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.