Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
If Im flying JFK to SIN in points can I add on a trip to DPS on the same booking if its a few days later? What is the cutoff?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by SMILY
I have a question about SQs redemption booking.

Currently, I have have a redemption booking for an Advantage award with a stopover. First leg is HKG-SIN and second leg is SIN-SYD (on different days). Is it possible to use just the second leg of the trip and not the first? I'm asking because there doesn't seem to be availability on the SIN-SYD flight that I want so I can't make a standalone SIN-SYD booking. Appreciate your help!
No. If you don't fly HKG-SIN, then the entire ticket HKG-SIN-SYD is cancelled.

You're not finding SIN-SYD availability, even though there is married segment availability for HKG-SIN-SYD.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
If Im flying JFK to SIN in points can I add on a trip to DPS on the same booking if its a few days later? What is the cutoff?
It depends on whether your award ticket is Saver or Advantage, and whether your ticket is oneway or roundtrip.

If you're on roundtrip Saver for JFK-SIN-JFK, then you can convert to roundtrip JFK-SIN-DPS-SIN-JFK with one stopover in SIN.

If you're on roundtrip Advantage for JFK-SIN-JFK, then you can convert to roundtrip JFK-SIN-DPS-SIN-JFK with two stopovers in SIN.

If you're on oneway Advantage, JFK-SIN, then you can add SIN-DPS to it.

If you're on oneway Saver, JFK-SIN, then it's not possible to add SIN-DPS as stopovers aren't allowed anymore (prior to 5 August, you could pay US$100 stopover fee to add that).

In all cases above:
- any stopover is (on and after 5 August) reduced to 30 days maximum, subject to married segment availability.
- there is no amendment fee if you had booked your ticket on 31 July or prior under their COVID policy.
- the only way to do any amendments is to call.
jasonNYC85 and aritrixa like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi, I will be flying on TK55 from SIN to IST soon in business. As far as I know TK flights depart from Terminal 1. I would love to use the new SQ lounge which is, as far as I know, in Terminal 3. Is it easy to switch terminals at SIN?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Enskie
Hi, I will be flying on TK55 from SIN to IST soon in business. As far as I know TK flights depart from Terminal 1. I would love to use the new SQ lounge which is, as far as I know, in Terminal 3. Is it easy to switch terminals at SIN?
Yes, it's easy to switch between T3 and T1.

The SQ lounge is located approximately around A3 on the map below. There is a train that goes between B5 and C1. Note that last night TK55 left from D49. I don't know if it uses this gate every night but that is at the extreme end of T1 and some distance from the SQ lounge. Just ensure you leave yourself ample time to reach your gate.

Enskie likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Enskie
very easy and sometimes a good exercise between flights. Monday I landed at C24 on NH and walked to Transfer A to get my SQ boarding pass and went to SKL. Checked at 9pm to see that my next flight (SQ 225) is departing from C25!

Walked back to C25 and it was fine. Changi is still not that big compared to some other airports
Enskie likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, Krisflyer Elite Gold
Hello,

I am on SQ37 in less than 48 hours and successfully checked in using the mobile app/website. However, when I try uploading my SMART card QR code to obtain mobile boarding pass, I always get an error that says it cannot be validated. Is this normal for LAX and has anyone successfully obtained a boarding pass without going to the physical check in counters?

Also, how accurate is the physical counter check in time? Website says 3 hours so am I out of luck until 20:40pm if my departure is at 23:40?

Last edited by foodcrazyboy; Sep 2, 2022 at 1:47 am
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Looks like SQ flying out of JFK will now use the "new" Wingtips Lounge in T4 - which is the recently renovated Swiss lounge as per TPG. Swiss moved from T4 to T1 and so had a newly renovated empty lounge in T4 that Wingtips moved into. Wingtips is a Priority Pass lounge to will be a mixed bag.

It looks good but still bummed that there is no dedicated SQ presence for flying J/I out of JFK.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-wi...ge-jfk-review/
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by foodcrazyboy
Hello,

I am on SQ37 in less than 48 hours and successfully checked in using the mobile app/website. However, when I try uploading my SMART card QR code to obtain mobile boarding pass, I always get an error that says it cannot be validated. Is this normal for LAX and has anyone successfully obtained a boarding pass without going to the physical check in counters?

Also, how accurate is the physical counter check in time? Website says 3 hours so am I out of luck until 20:40pm if my departure is at 23:40?
Not an LAX specific thing. ​​​​​​ Unfortunately I think you'll have to go to the check in desk. The desks there pretty much adhere to the stated opening times.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:03 am

Lite fare class

Hey guys,

I saw on a particular date SQ has Scoot (economy) plus SQ mixed Business Lite tickets. However, they were snapped up after a few hours and fares have increased ever since.

would it be possible to ask Sq To release the same fare bucket again? Advise from the agent was to keep checking
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by foodcrazyboy
Hello,

never worked on any one of my 5 SQ segments in August with California issued SMART card.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:22 pm

How close to departure can I cancel award flight?

Was wondering how close to departure can I cancel an award flight and still get miles redeposited. Checked online and didn't see anything. I thought most airlines it's 24 hrs? Or can it be as close as a few hours before scheduled departure? I'm hoping last min award availability opens up on another airline.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by cocaman
would it be possible to ask Sq To release the same fare bucket again?
You can ask them if you want, but I don't see how it would be a good business proposition from their perspective. If they drop the prices it will be because demand is low, not because someone asked them nicely for a discount.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 1:22 am

I’m curious about the new mask policy and table of mask requirements on the Singapore Airlines website.

According to the table masks are still required in flights into Australia. The domestic flight mask requirement here (Australia) is being removed on September 9 - this is noted on the table but it seems looks as though masks are required on the flights Singapore to Australia.

From what I’ve heard mask wearing compliance is fairly low these days but I’m still curious. The new Australian rules are confusing.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Strattons
Im curious about the new mask policy and table of mask requirements on the Singapore Airlines website.

According to the table masks are still required in flights into Australia. The domestic flight mask requirement here (Australia) is being removed on September 9 - this is noted on the table but it seems looks as though masks are required on the flights Singapore to Australia.

From what Ive heard mask wearing compliance is fairly low these days but Im still curious. The new Australian rules are confusing.
Considering the SQ mask table was made before the new Australian policy was introduced my guess is the table will be amended to show that masks won't be required on flights into Australia..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.