Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The 'new' SQ21/SQ22 (A350-900ULR): reviews, trip reports, best/worst seats and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 'new' SQ21/SQ22 (A350-900ULR): reviews, trip reports, best/worst seats and more

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:24 pm

a firm agree.

the big, elaborate, satay-forward J meal for an ULH departing at 830am should be a luncheon from 11am to 1230pm.

all remaining food & beverage service should be on demand only, allowing passengers to sleep in a calm cabin and start getting ready for PDT.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:20 pm

Need advice re SEATING

there is alot of conflicting into re best seating in J class on SQ A350-900ULR

see below:
https://www.ausbt.com.au/best-busine...us-a350-900ulr

https://thepointsguy.com/news/where-...50-900ulr-biz/

I am booked EWR-SIN-LAX

On EWR - SIN I can get 11A or 19F/G
on LAX I can get 19 A or 11F

Not sure if 11A has extra room - appears to be conflicting. Also does a window in 19 beat a middle seat in 11? How much is the noisy difference?

Any other advice ?
thanks
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:09 pm

on the ULR 11A does not have extra leg room-on the A side there is that 10A bulkhead. I don't know why AUSBT highlighted the entirety of row 11...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:56 pm

Would you suggest 19A (window but closer to bathrooms) or 11G (middle section but less traffic)
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by llbean
Would you suggest 19A (window but closer to bathrooms) or 11G (middle section but less traffic)
I've not had any issue with noise for row 19 on the A350, in contrast to the equivalent row 17 on the A380, which I avoid like the plague.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
I sat in 19A on SQ22 and thought it was absolutely fine. Definitely worth the extra legroom.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
My SQ 21 and 22 experience

I flew SQ 21 and 22 in June and July 2019 (HIGH SEASON!).

I had seat 15K flying EWR-SIN and 15A on the return. I am 6'3", 212lbs. I found the bed would allow me stretch out to my fullest extent with reasonable comfort. I was able to get extended sleep after both meals. I suggest people stop over analyzing these things. I use eye covers and use the headphones with nice music at a very low volume. No issues with noise or "traffic". Just pick a seat.

It was a great experience and flight, allowing me to arrive both in Singapore and NY reasonably refreshed. I purchased these tixs at a STEEP discount on the SQ "Black Friday" sale for under 3K and credited my miles for an additional discount, which got me well under 3K.(Forget about trying to use miles, just earn them and use them elsewhere).

I am amazed that people spend months and dozens (or more) or separate posts here agonizing or trying to figure out the "best" seat or how to use miles on these flights. I paid way under the going rate and got 125% mileage. Food was good, service great, sleep: worth it.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:48 pm

Repost from my other post in the A380 which I mistakenly posted in. Not sure if this is the correct thread either since it mentioned SQ22/21.

I just got cleared off the waitlist for my J class tickets on SQ33 SFO-SIN for my honeymoon. Waitlisted June 6 and cleared on July 15. First time ever on a redemption booking and excited to experience SQ business class!

I put in a request to be seated in 11K/11F but in the case that I don't get those the only seats left in the mini cabin are 15F and 16K. My fiance / wife want to sit close together but don't necessarily need seats together. Should we book those two mini cabin seats or just take something in the back? Do middle seats allow for conversation to eaily take place?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by simoncee
Repost from my other post in the A380 which I mistakenly posted in. Not sure if this is the correct thread either since it mentioned SQ22/21.

I just got cleared off the waitlist for my J class tickets on SQ33 SFO-SIN for my honeymoon. Waitlisted June 6 and cleared on July 15. First time ever on a redemption booking and excited to experience SQ business class!

I put in a request to be seated in 11K/11F but in the case that I don't get those the only seats left in the mini cabin are 15F and 16K. My fiance / wife want to sit close together but don't necessarily need seats together. Should we book those two mini cabin seats or just take something in the back? Do middle seats allow for conversation to eaily take place?
Just did SIN-EWR-SIN and we had seats 11K/F both ways - my favorite seats, due to the reasons discussed at lengths here No issues with conversing in the middle seats. Enjoy your flight!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
Just did SIN-EWR-SIN and we had seats 11K/F both ways - my favorite seats, due to the reasons discussed at lengths here No issues with conversing in the middle seats. Enjoy your flight!
Really hoping to get those 11 row seats but in case I don't, would it be better to take the 15F/16K (available now) in the mini cabin or take something in the larger cabin? Rows 25 and back are all available for middle row seats.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Really hoping to get those 11 row seats but in case I don't, would it be better to take the 15F/16K (available now) in the mini cabin or take something in the larger cabin? Rows 25 and back are all available for middle row seats.
I would go for the main cabin then to sit next to each other, 15F/16K will be logistically not convenient
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I just got cleared off the waitlist for my J class tickets on SQ33 SFO-SIN for my honeymoon.

[…]

My fiance / wife want to sit close together but don't necessarily need seats together.
Pro tip: Sit next to your wife on your honeymoon.
ps107, Dublin_rfk and Mint Cake like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by dayone
Pro tip: Sit next to your wife on your honeymoon.
I was recently on the SFO-SIN flight SQ31. A lady on the other side of the cabin was pleading with staff for them to upgrade her husband: she had been auto upgraded due to overbooking in PE and he had been left behind, but this was a their honeymoon so understandably she felt bad about them being separated. This went on for about 10 minutes because she wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. The staff displayed admirable restraint in dealing with it, as I would have been tempted to suggest she go back to PE and swap with the person sitting next to her husband (who presumably would have been happy to swap to J for a 16+ hr flight). Funnily enough, this didn't occur to her - nor did she swap halfway with hubby to let him have some lie-flat sleep.
Dublin_rfk and Mint Cake like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:04 am

This article says two things on seating assignment:

1. For rows 11 and 19 - the middle seats are much better than the window seats in terms of legroom space . I am currently in 11K
2. People are often booted out of 19 due to a bassinet need and end up in a regular seat. Does this actually happen? On the return I'm in 19

https://mainlymiles.com/2018/02/27/r...usiness-class/
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
This article says two things on seating assignment:

1. For rows 11 and 19 - the middle seats are much better than the window seats in terms of legroom space . I am currently in 11K
2. People are often booted out of 19 due to a bassinet need and end up in a regular seat. Does this actually happen? On the return I'm in 19

https://mainlymiles.com/2018/02/27/r...usiness-class/
They aren’t discussing the 359 ULH in that piece, they’re discussing the standard longhaul 359 (the ULH plane doesn’t fly to CPT). You probably want to read this thread:

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.