Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: New A380 suites moving to upper deck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: New A380 suites moving to upper deck

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by hondaman82
What if the new F suite turn out to be a huge disappointment LOL... Hopefully i am wrong
No chance. It will be excellent.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Timeline of the Nov2 launch, for those eagerly following:
* invitation-only event being held at Singapore's Suntec Convention Centre
* launch begins at 9.45am with opening address by SQ CEO, who will then unveil the new cabin products
* Q&A to follow through to 10.45am
* 10.45am onwards, media can crawl all over the new suites and seats

At the B77W launch a few years back everything was under embargo until mid-arvo, not sure if that'll be the case this time – our media schedule makes no mention of that but it would well be announced on the day. If not, it'll be all on from maybe 10am

Last edited by djsflynn; Oct 30, 2017 at 10:51 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:38 am

Enjoy the sneaks!
Attached Images   
kpc, MattTaiwan, FlyerEC and 9 others like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Would be great to hear from other FF who are attending how it went, and report back? Pics would be great
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Really? Wow this looks amazing.. like a hotel room. How does this compare against the apartment at Etihad?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I hate the look of F. I dontvwant to be sitting close to my travel mate with no arm rest.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Jaffar
Enjoy the sneaks!
As the plane flys on an upward angle. Would it feel weird to sit here?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:59 am

Of course the seat is not fixed in that position. For safety reasons alone it could not be. It swivels.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
two more pictures
http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=132
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:00 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The chair must swivel, there’s a desk behind it and a tv on the wall.

The photos are taken from different mockups.

Frankly, I don’t get it. There’s a great waste of space.

EY may be cavernous, but at least the colour scheme and cabin are stunning. This is just bland.

Looks like EK’s reveal will be the most anticipated now.
HB7 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The chair must swivel, there’s a desk behind it and a tv on the wall.

The photos are taken from different mockups.

Frankly, I don’t get it. There’s a great waste of space.

EY may be cavernous, but at least the colour scheme and cabin are stunning. This is just bland.

Looks like EK’s reveal will be the most anticipated now.
You don't want to say things like that too loudly on this board. But without getting into it too much, this product will work for the SQ brand. It was a conscious decision to have fewer seats (compared to say EY's 9). As a (former) long-time EY flyer and current SQ customer, the two aren't quite apples to apples as far as their target market and appeal is concerned. I really can't see this product going out anything less than full the vast majority of the time, irrespective of the sector it's deployed on, apart from maybe short haul flights like HKG. I do agree the pictures look bland but that ultimately won't deter people from booking it.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Ok this definitely can't be the final colour scheme. It looks like a UA cabin.

I'm really hoping the real product is much more than what the sneaks seem to preview.
I am not seeing the innovation that we're used to from SQ.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:43 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Phaze
You don't want to say things like that too loudly on this board. But without getting into it too much, this product will work for the SQ brand. It was a conscious decision to have fewer seats (compared to say EY's 9). As a (former) long-time EY flyer and current SQ customer, the two aren't quite apples to apples as far as their target market and appeal is concerned. I really can't see this product going out anything less than full the vast majority of the time, irrespective of the sector it's deployed on, apart from maybe short haul flights like HKG. I do agree the pictures look bland but that ultimately won't deter people from booking it.
You may be right. But I don't understand sitting in that seat with your feet up watching a film on your iPad and staring in the direction of the door.

Will be interesting to see the final colour scheme when on board as they always change from the installations. EY was very White at first...
ok2uselane likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:54 am

You wouldn't do that though. You would lay on the bed and watch the large screen at the foot of the bed.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:00 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Phaze
You wouldn't do that though. You would lay on the bed and watch the large screen at the foot of the bed.
I don’t recall the last time I used IFE. And no one spends the entire flight in the bed. On ultra long haul it’s generally 50/50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.