Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: New A380 suites moving to upper deck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Spot the difference in this pic below: current SQ A380 has its well-spaced suites windows on the lower deck, this new one snapped flying TLS-HAM features those same windows on the upper deck

Note also the different window count: three groups of two windows. Let the config speculation begin!

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...-to-upper-deck
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:26 pm

Sweet move. Time to plan for future redemption
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:29 pm

Speculating single aisle, maybe a proper/true double bed at one end of the config (similar to ethiad residence)

1-1
1-1
2-2

8 vs current 12 seats

3 rows of ​​​​​​1-1-1 doesn't work for couples/families... I doubt they'll fit 1-2-1 (current space on second level fits business at 1-2-1 and 4*3 rows = same number of seats as current suites)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Going to the upper deck is an interesting move. The curve of the ceiling can make an enclosed suite seems smaller than it is. Example: EK F 777 Vs. A380, the A380 feels smaller but they are the same size.

The current SQ suites are taller than the EK suites so I hope with a 1-1 configuration they are centered enough that they don't feel cramped.....also as a window seat person I hope the view is still accessible unlike some of the NH 777 suites that block some of the windows.

I am very interested to see SQ's move here.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:36 pm

When UA rolled out Polaris seat, they blocked all saver award. Hopefully SQ is nicer and release some to their members
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by hondaman82
When UA rolled out Polaris seat, they blocked all saver award. Hopefully SQ is nicer and release some to their members
When SQ rolled out Suites in 2007, Suites were exempted from redemptions. When the novelty came off, SQ started allowing redemptions for very high rates (I think London was close to one million miles). After some time, they did no longer differentiated First Class and Suites and finally Saver Awards were allowed.

With only 6 seats, I would not hold my breath. They may release one seat as saver per flight and might only allow so via waitlist so that PPS members would get the seats where they are released.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:00 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
posted this in SQ general questions but no reply yet, will try my luck here :

I've redeemed a saver award for First Class Suites SIN-CDG for March 2018. Confirmed, and no Waitlist.
4 out of 12 seats are taken.
Come 2018 if the A380 is fitted with the new suites class (which presumably only has 6 seats in single file format)
Will I get asked to give up my seats or something if SQ needs them ? What are my rights ? Was just wondering.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: Krisflyer
It seems highly unlikely that SQ would forget to change the availability of awards for routes with the new Suites cabin. The first flight is rumoured be at end of October 2017, only for one route (probably SYD-SIN) and I would expect other routes to be added rather slowly as the old A380s are decommissioned and new models added.

The T&Cs of awards flights state "In the event of a flight disruption, passengers travelling on award tickets will be re-routed as per the rules applicable for fare-paying passengers." so you shouldn't be at a disadvantage.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:03 am

Update on new Suites?

Anyone know anymore info on the rollout of the new Singapore Suites?

I'm looking at booking a redemption, but might wait if it seemed the new Suites would be available.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Moonspinner
I'm looking at booking a redemption, but might wait if it seemed the new Suites would be available.
Why not just go ahead and book anyway?

If it's the same route and just a change of flight, the change is free.

If it's a change of route it's a very reasonable 20-30bucks change or redeposit fee.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I'm booked on 232 SYD-SIN at the end of November, which is one of the two A380 frequencies on that route. Hoping I get lucky.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moonspinner
Anyone know anymore info on the rollout of the new Singapore Suites?
No August media preview planned now until The Big Reveal, which may happen in concert with TLS-SIN delivery of the first new A380 in October or if things slip, November.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:30 am
THR

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I'm booked on 232 SYD-SIN at the end of November, which is one of the two A380 frequencies on that route. Hoping I get lucky.
Good luck! I'm booked on SQ232 next year (end May), so more time for it to happen, which I hope it does!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:59 pm

I'm booked on JFK-SIN and SIN-AKL in March 2018. Hopefully it's the new suites!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:27 am

I'm booked SYD-SIN-FRA-JFK in Suites, mid-July 2018. I made my seat selections today, and the seat map was still the "old" seat map. Interesting because the SYD-SIN route was widely touted to be the first route to have the new Suites . . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.