Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: New A380 suites moving to upper deck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: New A380 suites moving to upper deck

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Apart from the SYD route, are there any other confirmed routings for the new A380?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Was looking at news about CX and it was mentioned by SCMP that HKG will receive '1 of 5 new A380s early next year'; this is from a Nov 2 article.

Tried to do the ITA matrix ticketing thing and you can't book 7 suites class tickets on Thursdays and Saturdays in May on SQ860 but can book them with 6. This isn't solid proof but it does support that SQ may be planning to do some HKG turnarounds on certain dates in the eatlier part of next year.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Apart from the SYD route, are there any other confirmed routings for the new A380?
i think the general consensus is that LHR is getting the next one. After that is anyone's guess.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Platinum
Booked end of Feb 2019 on SQ25. Fingers crossed it sees a retrofit within the year!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Any thoughts as to whether the other SYD flights will get the new configuration sooner rather than later? Booked on 222 in December.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Just got a seat change notice for SQ317 LHR-SIN in October. So The New Suites is going daily by that time. Not sure when it will start.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by m0hamed
One does not fly F then use the public showers.

t.
Syd to Sin paid Suites we couldnt get a taxi to pick us up so we jumped on an airport shuttle. Bus filled with backpackers whooping it up on their cheapo Jetstar or Tiger Air tickes. Oh the horror. Lol
Old May 24, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Last Monday, May 21, I flew from Singapore to Hong Kong in suite 1A. It was the best airplane seat I've ever had, better than Etihad and better by orders of magnitude than the old SQ suites, which my wife and I took from SIN to JFK a few years ago. The flight attendants were attentive and helpful, the food and beverages were really good -- the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee was a particularly nice touch -- and it was good to have access to The Private Room. I had only three regrets: that the flight was so short (3 hrs 20 min); that the only SIN-HKG flight with an A380 leaves at 9:55 a.m., which meant an early-morning departure from my hotel in Singapore and then a long layover in Hong Kong; and that there were no souvenir pajamas. Can hardly wait for the SIN-FRA-JFK route to get this plane.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; May 25, 2018 at 1:00 am Reason: typographical error
Old May 25, 2018, 3:18 am
THR

Have our new suites flight SYD-SIN next week 🙂. Very excited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.