Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by KiwiMarmion
You could position yourself at LHR as they fly SQ metal, and also I believe from Manchester to Singapore.

Has to be flown in SQ metal and tickets by SQ, so codeshare is a no go. Only lasts for one year and you can only status match once.
Hi there,
I just did the status match from GC Jade to KF Silver.
I ve made an open jaw booking HKG-SIN//KUL-SIN-HKG in order to fulfill the three sectors requirement. However I just noted that the flight from KUL to SIN SQ5425 would be operated by Silkair. Per my understanding codeshare flight should be no go, but how about its actually operated by Silkair which is also "eligible" according to T&C? Do anyone here tried that before? Or shall I simply cancel my SIN-KUL additionally booking through MH and change it to either MI or SQ flight to play safe?

Thanks so much in advance!
Old May 31, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
I did mine on MNL-SIN-HKT and the SIN-HKT route was Silk Air and got credited just fine. I booked through SQ though, not sure if booking through MH will get your flights credited...
Old May 31, 2019, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by johnwooz
Hi there,
I just did the status match from GC Jade to KF Silver.
I ve made an open jaw booking HKG-SIN//KUL-SIN-HKG in order to fulfill the three sectors requirement. However I just noted that the flight from KUL to SIN SQ5425 would be operated by Silkair. Per my understanding codeshare flight should be no go, but how about its actually operated by Silkair which is also "eligible" according to T&C? Do anyone here tried that before? Or shall I simply cancel my SIN-KUL additionally booking through MH and change it to either MI or SQ flight to play safe?

Thanks so much in advance!
no problem. The TnC stated that you need to fly 3 times on SQ or silkair flight.

Frequently Asked Questions | Infinite Journeys
johnwooz likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by kzap
I did mine on MNL-SIN-HKT and the SIN-HKT route was Silk Air and got credited just fine. I booked through SQ though, not sure if booking through MH will get your flights credited...
Hi Guy, Thanks so much for your info! May I know your SIN-HKT route carrying solely MI number or with SQ codeshare number too? Mine is SQ codeshare MI operates,
Actually I booked the required three legs through SQ and all carrying SQ numbers, sorry for some typo...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
I’ll take the 3 flights in late august. Booking classes P-P-M. I’m thinking to try the “plusgrade bid” for part of my trip.
It’s a problem for the gold status match? Or even if the bid will be accepted the booking class remain the same (P or M)?
thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TravelerIT
I’ll take the 3 flights in late august. Booking classes P-P-M. I’m thinking to try the “plusgrade bid” for part of my trip.
It’s a problem for the gold status match? Or even if the bid will be accepted the booking class remain the same (P or M)?
thanks!
Getting upgraded via Plusgrade won't be an issue as you'll still be booked into a valid booking class.
TravelerIT likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:02 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Does anyone know whether the ‘no codeshare’ exclusion means that flying an SQ flight on a LH ticket is excluded? It’s not clear whether it’s just intended to rule out SQ flights operated by a codeshare partner or this situation as well. I have definite two qualifying flights (SIN-PER//MEL-SIN) but wondered if the SIN-ZRH leg on SQ346 would count as a third.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do you know if the SQ flight should be booked in SQ website or is it allowed to be booked in third party website?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:44 am

Booking through third party sites is fine
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Does a round trip ticket count as two flights?

Thanks

Last edited by EG8196; Sep 7, 2019 at 5:15 am
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by EG8196
Does a round trip ticket count as two flights?

Thanks
Yes
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:50 pm

Maybe a DP. I linked accounts last night (11th) and was immediately moved to KF Silver.

I have flights booked for November (prior to the linking)
To my understanding, if I have the flights linked to my KF account And they are BKK to SIN (One Way) and SIN to KUL (Round trip) I should qualify correct? SIN to KUL is a silk air flight both ways.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Everyone: Your 3 flights are to be to be on SQ/MI flight numbers operated solely on SQ/MI. Doesn't matter which but say SQxxxx and cannot be operated by another carrier, eg LH or LH flight number operated by SQ.

You may buy your ticket thru third party websites, or even have your ticket on other airlines ticket stock. What is important is the two factors mentioned in the first paragraph.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Everyone: Your 3 flights are to be to be on SQ/MI flight numbers operated solely on SQ/MI. Doesn't matter which but say SQxxxx and cannot be operated by another carrier, eg LH or LH flight number operated by SQ.

You may buy your ticket thru third party websites, or even have your ticket on other airlines ticket stock. What is important is the two factors mentioned in the first paragraph.
My Bad
I believe my flights are
SQ981
SQ5320 (Operated by SilkAir)
SQ5341 (Operated by SilkAir)
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by emustyle
My Bad
I believe my flights are
SQ981
SQ5320 (Operated by SilkAir)
SQ5341 (Operated by SilkAir)
You'll be fine with those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.