Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
thought experiment - I am still trying to construct my three flights with sq while using another program to go for gold, so I am trying not to 'waste' any of the flights.

we know that arn-dme-sin does NOT count as 2 flights as it is the same flight number. also any flights in asia have the problem that sq does not have any triangle flights - everything has to go in and out to singapore.

Now it occurred to me that if we do get two boarding passes, it should be possible to tickets arn-dme for the challenge and leave dme-sin as the longer flight for me to credit to another program.
so if f.e. I am trying arn-dme-sin // sin-kul-sin // sin-fra-txl I actually have three flights without extra flying around_
arn-dme - sq 1
dme-sin - f.e. sas
sin-kul - sq2
kul-sin - sq3
sin-fra-txl - sas

since this challenge takes usually more than two weeks to get sorted out, there seems also not reason to rush any of this - gold will come far after the trip.
to make sure nothing gets 'wrongly' credited I would use the kris flyer silver when booking and then in the lounge remove all booking references and submit them afterwards, flight by flight.

i did look into doing some arn-dme runs but the problem is that you can only do basically dme to arn properly and would need some visa for russia (also txl to dme just does not work out)

any faults with my thinking? this otherwise looks too good.
similar I seem to remember that there is a flight mxp to bcn which you cannot book seperately - however if there are two boarding passes involved as well, this might work too.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: *A KF GOLD , HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Jade, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Radisson Gold
I've done the flights ... 2nd march was the qualifying date but I am still waiting for the upgrade...
wondering if my flights actually qualified..
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:50 am

swordie word on ft is that it might take up to 8 weeks to get it.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:27 am

Yep - atleast 8 weeks. I'm contacting KF this week, I registered for status match Jan 23rd and still waiting for KF Silver. Have 3 legs booked next month to achieve the KF Gold. Hope it doesn't take much longer.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: *A KF GOLD , HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Jade, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Radisson Gold
I registered for the match between shangri la and KF sometime back in december last year and within 5 hours, I was matched as KFES.
I was trying to search for anything that says 6-8 weeks match for status! Most importantly, as my 4 months mark is coming to an end, I am not sure if my 4 flights (SYD TO BKK, layover SG) qualifies :/
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by swordie
I was trying to search for anything that says 6-8 weeks match for status!
As a timestamp on the current situation as of March 2019. I've looked back at different comments and it varies across the last couple of years.

Either there is some inconsistency or maybe it has changed from when swordie did it in Dec to when I did it in Jan - I'm coming up to 9 weeks and waiting. As of yesterday, KF has directly told me it's 'approximately' 6-8 weeks for Elite Silver to be confirmed. What they can't explain is why it's taking longer than 8 weeks.

Not easy trying to plan 3 flights with SQ when I live in Europe and it needs to be within 4 months but you may be waiting more than 2+ months for Elite Silver to be confirmed. My wife did the same and she is at 6 weeks and waiting. We are both on the same flights so my hope for her Elite Silver to be approved beforehand is even more slim.

For anyone doing this in the future, I would wait until Elite Silver is confirmed before booking the 3 flights but then like swordie's situation - be aware you might have to book the 3 flights very quickly if they approve it in a few hours. Even though I have given myself a 3.5 month window from registering to flying it may not work with either me or my wife obtaining Elite Gold.

I'm half joking and I doubt SQ would be that calculative but the cynic in me thinks that given KF can see I have flights booked in April that Elite Silver will be approved just after the first flight in effect forcing me to book another flight within that 4 month period to qualify By approving Elite Silver within 5 hours for swordie when they see no flights booked also adds to that cynicism. I doubt there are hundreds of people doing this status match and the usual efficiency is not on show here.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:38 pm

A Golden Circle Jade member who has successfully registered for status match will required to complete three eligible flights on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight within four months of registration.

We notice that you have completed the above mentioned criteria.

Do note that your account status will change within six to eight weeks from completion of the criteria.

The above was sent to me by Singapore Airlines, I believe that the deal for Infinite - KF Gold will be the same as explained from SQ (6-8 weeks to qualify for upgrade)
Hope this explains everything for everyone! I guess jmlaser is just not having a good time with the system. I am week 4 of my qualifying flight and I am still waiting...
I have no flights planned with SQ or *A until after september ... so i wont mind them giving it later to me so long as they verify that i qualified!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:45 am

Thank you for your support for the past year. We are pleased to welcome you to the highest tier of KrisFlyer membership.Your new KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership card and luggage tags will be delivered to you within 4 weeks. You can also access your digital membership card by downloading the SingaporeAir mobile app.

Well, the wait for me was roughly 4 weeks and... It came on april's fool! <- Not sure if they are lying but hooray!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:50 pm

Nice one Swordie.

I got my silver match finally. Golden Circle where pretty helpful in the end once I escalated this. I'm on track to follow you with my flights booked this month.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:08 am

In the german vielfliegertreff somebody reported having flown his segments 12.03 and 15.03 and being moved to gold yesterday so basically 2 weeks.
I am wondering if this is something they look at at the turn or each month, manually or so?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:44 pm

I think everyone gets shifted on the first of every month, so everyone will get 13 months of perks. i.e. 1st April 2019 - 30th April 2020.

^pretty decent imo!!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:01 pm

My account was just upgraded to gold after 11 weeks. It took a couple of phone calls and online messages to get it sorted. Coincidentally Mrs Thepi took almost the same flights and was upgraded to gold within a couple of days. We did book separately and she was in a higher economy fare bucket if that would count for anything.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:51 pm

I was matched to KFES after a few hours. However 4 weeks after taking 3 flight with SQ I was not matched to KFEG so contacted Kris Flyer services. Their response was although I'd taken the 3 flights I had credited the miles for one of them to Asiana and therefore it was not an eligible flight. They claim you need to take the flights on SQ metal and use your Kris Flyer number on the booking. I see no reference for this on the infinite journeys site, anyone heard of this requirement?
Old May 13, 2019, 11:15 pm

I'm surprised you thought it would work without crediting the flights to KF. Even just on a conceptual level, how would your KF account "know" how many flights you've taken, if you credit your flights to a different program?
RTWFF and Ex-SIN like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:59 pm

I guess that makes sense but I was rather hoping (possibly foolishly!) that my booking would be linked regardless of the FF number. Thanks for the feedback.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.