Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
I am waiting for my Shangri la jade to be processed by Amex. Meanwhile can you please suggest cheap mileage run opportunities for KF Gold from YUL (Canada)

AFAIK, SQ doesn't operate to Canada - so possible options will be to take a positioning flight to somewhere and do 3 cheap segments.

I am also planning to travel to India (COK) from YUL later this year - wondering if there is a way to have SQ segments planned in that trip. I tried a few combinations but things aren't adding up properly.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:53 am

Does it matter if the flights have been booked before the enrollment?
Can flights be booked via an OTA?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by aldemar
Does it matter if the flights have been booked before the enrollment?
Can flights be booked via an OTA?
As long as your enrollment is before your flight departure it is ok.

Can be booked via OTA. Just read the T&C to find which booking class is not applicable.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:57 am

SQ krisflyer gold fast track via Shangrila, is it still available?

hi,

I got amex plat last november and applied shang rila jade member after that. From shangrila website, it is informed that I can get silver krisflyer status match and I can get gold after three eligible flight. I have done sub sin bkk round trip this january but my status still silver. Did I miss something here? Where should I contact to fix it? thanks in advance
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:11 pm

Yes it is still available, if your ticket meets the fare class criteria. However processing time varies quite widely. Can be from 2 days after qualifying flight to 8 weeks. Even if you call SQ, they will say it might take up to 8 weeks. So just be patient
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:32 pm

You need to 1) link your krisflyer and golden circle accounts, then when you're planning your 3 sq ticketed and operated cash flights within the next 4 months, you need to 2) apply for the status match, but you need to leave enough time between the match and your flights because it can take them a few weeks to process your match.

It then takes a few weeks for the upgrade to gold.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I have successfully linked my accounts but cannot find the "Register" button which I have to click according to the FAQ:

Ensure that your KrisFlyer account is linked to your Golden Circle account. To link, you simply need to:

• Add your KrisFlyer membership number to your Golden Circle account.
  • Once your accounts are linked, click on ‘Register’.
Where do I find this button?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
As I recall Shangrila/Golden Circle are reputedly miserly about status matching from other hotel frequent guest programs, so it appears Amex is the only way to kick that off these days. What is the "fare class criteria" beyond the flights being paid?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:50 pm

Can't be a group class booking
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:46 am

https://www.shangri-la.com/corporate...nite-journeys/
Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Adding a few questions belonging to the same situation

Q: " Award and codeshare flights are not eligible for this accelerated upgrade."
This could imply that flights operated by SQ are eligible or do they need to be SQplus metal?

Q2: Does anybody know if the German QYG 'flight segment' counted for anybody? My assumption is a clear no, but sometimes miracle happen.

Q3: does SQ fly only to / from Singapore in SE Asia or are there any triangle combination we could take advantage of?

I have difficulties getting SQ to price out well, others like LH are just so much cheaper:

Example: EU-Sin-Kul-Sin-EU would give me only two SQ flights (sin-kul-sin). To add a third it seems to me I need to fly in and out of Sin again.
Checking fares, looks like a daily return is easily possible from KUL but would cost 250 Euros (a stay overnight would reduce this to 139).

So it looks like the best option would be to book an open jaw
EU-Sin-someplace else // KUL -Sin-EU then add a someplaceelse -Sin-Kul
(because I want to stay longer in Kul) and hope for the best

Most reports I have read is that a minimum of 2 weeks is needed for the status to change, and that SQ rarely upgrades Gold. However if I fly in through LH, * Gold would be valuable.
So if there is a chance for a few day turnaround, I might be willing to go for the 3rd flight to some place else just to tempt it.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:15 pm

You could position yourself at LHR as they fly SQ metal, and also I believe from Manchester to Singapore.

Has to be flown in SQ metal and tickets by SQ, so codeshare is a no go. Only lasts for one year and you can only status match once.
nixande likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by KiwiMarmion
You could position yourself at LHR as they fly SQ metal, and also I believe from Manchester to Singapore.

Has to be flown in SQ metal and tickets by SQ, so codeshare is a no go. Only lasts for one year and you can only status match once.
thx. and yes I am aware of it, I want to use it as an initial and quick way to get *gold and then go for gold on Asiana in that 12 months
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: *A KF GOLD , HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Jade, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Radisson Gold
Hi guys,
Appreciate if anyone can have input for me... I bought tickets for SYD- BKK which includes
SYD-SIN 2nd march
SIN-BKK 2nd march
BKK-SIN 2nd march
SIN-SYD 9th march
Is this enough to hit the 3 flights? They are all in N or V class ticket.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by swordie
Hi guys,
Appreciate if anyone can have input for me... I bought tickets for SYD- BKK which includes
SYD-SIN 2nd march
SIN-BKK 2nd march
BKK-SIN 2nd march
SIN-SYD 9th march
Is this enough to hit the 3 flights? They are all in N or V class ticket.
any three of them should do - depending on where you plan to credit, I would choose the shortest ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.